Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Emmy
"

It's the lunch period and Ryan introduces Derek to Stella and vice versa, but what's up with this rich kid that's jealous of Ryan?

"

Finally, lunch. This day was going by way too slowly for my taste. Derek and I met up at our lockers and went to the cafeteria together. We picked a table near the exit for quick getaway, just in case. Stella came in, her curls bouncing as she walked in my direction. She took a seat next to me and looked over to Derek. Derek, who was seated on my other side, looked to her curiously. "Who's this?" Stella asked me.

 

"The name's Derek," Derek said, reaching out a hand for her to shake.

 

"We're locker neightbors," I added as the two of them shook hands.

 

"Cool!" Stella cried.

 

I looked behind her to see no one else coming. "No new friends?" I asked.

 

Stella and her face lit. "Derek is my new friend," she said happily. She looked at Derek. "My name is Stella, by the way."

 

I looked back to Derek also. "She's my neighbor," I said quickly.

 

Derek nodded to show he understood, but just what was he thinking? So far, Derek has been staring at a bunch of girls all period. Those same girls kept staring at me. I sighed angrily. I was so nervous from being watched this much. I couldn't find the courage to even open my paper bagged lunch. I was ready to yell at them saying, "I'm not Justin Beiber, you retards!" I knew I couldn't actually do that though. Derek looked at me. He asked me, "How do you do it?"

 

I looked a bit confused. "Do what?" I asked.

 

Derek leaned in towards me some and cupped his hand so only I could hear. Get girls," he whispered, "They're still staring at you."

 

I looked back quickly. It seemed so sudden that one girl fell out of her seat. I turned around with a surprised look on my face. I looked to Derek and whispered sarcastically, "Oh, I didn't even notice! Damn! I didn't even do anything, to be honest."

 

This one guy came walking towards our table. I prayed he wasn't gay or something. He slid into the seat in front of mine, but he didn't look at me once. I figured that was a good thing. Stella went on eating happily, but Derek was suddenly tense. He kept his eye on the new kid's, as the kid did on him. Did Derek know this guy?

 

This kid had black hair, slicked back with what seems to be a ton of hair gel. His eyes were a foggy hazel, and they were blank and emotionless.He wore an expensive-looking suit, so I thought he was rich. "Derek," the guy growled so suddenly it surprised me.

 

His voice was deep and had a British accent. Derek and the kid had a bit of a staring contest: who could glare longer? Stella froze in mid-bite. "Charles," Derek said coldly.

 

A long silence fell onto our lunch table. The cafeteria didn't care for our affairs and went on with their eating. The room wasn't quiet, but we were. Stella and I exchanged glances, and out the corner of my eye, I saw Charles pointing at me. I turned to make sure he was pointing at me, and not some girl behind me. "You," he said quietly, "must be Ryan Green."

 

I shrugged. "The one and only," I joked, smiling.

 

Charles narrowed his eyes. "Don't get smart, Green," he reprimanded," and stop stealing my thunder!"

 

I raised an eyebrow. Thunder? I looked behind me at the girls staring at me. It was a hell of a lot clearer now, what was going on I mean. "Oh, you must be the ladies' man here," I thought aloud. "I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder."

 

Charles didn't look convinced. "All I did was show up this morning, I'm serious!" I explained angrily.

 

The rich kid stood and started walking away. He looked back at me with a face full of fury. "I don't know your story, Green," he spat, "but I'm going to find out."



© 2010 Emmy


Author's Note

Emmy
SUSPENSEE!! :)
Oh, and look out for typos, x]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

287 Views
Added on April 9, 2010
Last Updated on April 16, 2010


Author

Emmy
Emmy

NJ



About
Hii, I'm Emily :D Images and Pictures for your Website, blog or Forum See? YAYYY! I live in NJ, and I'm alway getting these new ideas. I can't keep track of HALF. That's a lot. I can bake brownie.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emmy


Plague Plague

A Book by Emmy