Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Emmy
"

Derek decides to take Stella and Ryan to his family's coffee shop. When Alex shows up, all hell breaks loose.

"

It was really nice out today, I guess I hadn't noticed. Derek was taking Stella and I to his family's coffee shop. It was a small shop with a lot of people. The walls were painted white with multiple designs of coffe cups and elegant stick figure-like people. The little people were probably having a better time than I was. We were seated at the bar table when Derek's father came over. "Dad," Derek explained, "these are my friends Stella and Ryan. They're new kids here in Nevada."

 

"Nice to meet you two," his father said.

 

I nodded in acknowledgment. Stella just grinned sheepishly. We each had a coffee on the house, but I couldn't get my mind off of Alex. Derek seemed to notice I wasn't myself today. "We're gonna need another!" Derek called.

 

"Got it!" I heard his father call.

 

I let off a sigh and looked around again. The whole coffee shop was frozen when I saw Alex walking in. Did she know this place? She looked over at me and waved. I waved back at her, and Stella looked over at Alex. She narrowed her eyes and muttered something to herself. She then glanced at my arm suspiciously. I raised an eyebrow at her as Alex came over. Alex threw her arms around my shoulders in greeting. "Hey Ryan!" she exclaimed.

 

I laughed, "Hey, Alex."

 

Stella seemed a bit taken back. What took her back, I didn't know. I looked to her and Derek, who were staring at me like I was about to blow into smitherines. "Guys, this is Alex," I introduced.

 

Alex rested my head on my shoulder and looked at Stella and Derek. "I know you two," she said softly. "You're Derek Calvin and Stella."

 

The two of them seemed surprised that she knew their names. They didn't know her? I felt a bit awkward the way Alex was resting against me like that. My face turned a light pink. Stella didn't look happy when she noticed. Derek was just shocked. I was petrified, as was everyone else, when she kissed my cheek.

 

We looked over when the shop's phone rang, our minds all foggy from the events that just occured. Derek's father picked it up. "Hello?" he said, listening to the guy on the other line. "Yes, he's here. What?" he paused. "Yeah, he'll be there. I'll take him myself. Alright, goodbye."

 

Derek's father turned and looked at me. What the hell was going on? He seemed saddened and choked on his words. "Ryan, it's from the hospital," he explained. "Your mother was in an accident."

 

What?



© 2010 Emmy


Author's Note

Emmy
Ignore typos! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on April 16, 2010
Previous Versions


Author

Emmy
Emmy

NJ



About
Hii, I'm Emily :D Images and Pictures for your Website, blog or Forum See? YAYYY! I live in NJ, and I'm alway getting these new ideas. I can't keep track of HALF. That's a lot. I can bake brownie.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emmy


Plague Plague

A Book by Emmy