Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by Emmy
"

Stella follows the blonde girl to a fortune telling booth. What the hell is going on here?

"

I stood alone in the center of the crowd. The crowd was slowly moving around me as I looked around. I was searching for the blonde girl that was spying on us. Who was she? I feel like I've seen her before. I spotted her heading for the fortune telling booth. Suddenly, I slipped past a shady man in a trenchcoat to chase after her. The man only turned to look at me and went on. I didn't even think of why he was at the fair. Maybe he was sellign watches, but he was creepy.

 

She walked into the tent, but I didn't dare go inside. It wasn't a very large tent, so I would obviously be spotted. I hide behind a box I found on the left side of the tent. I crouched down slowly so I would be perfectly hidden. I tried to listen in to the happenins inside. I leaned to my right and kept my ear next to the purple, velvet cloth wall. I concentrated on their conversation. "I am the mystical Melanie. Would you like your fortune?" the fortune teller said unenthusicatically. She must have been doing this all day long.

 

"My name is Dianna, and actually, I've come for a wish," the spy said.

 

I knew her! She was in the same lunch period as Ryan, Derek, and I. She was in the little club of groupies that practically stalked us. She seemed to be the leader of the pack, but I wasn't sure yet. "Wish?" the fortune teller seemed to light up.

 

"Yes," Dianna said slowly. "You see, there is this boy at school I really like..." her voice trailed off.

 

I didn't like where this was going, but fortune tellers don't actually have magic. They're a bunch of phonies that crush dreams and tell lies for a living; that sounds pretty easy to me. "You want me to make it so the boy likes you back, right?" the mystical Melanie asked smugly.

 

Nothing but a bunch of bull s**t. I laughed at her comment and kept hidden. The fortune teller took it seriously though. She began mumbling some things. I felt a shiver down my spine suddenly. A voice came from behind. "What the hell are you doing?"

 

I looked back to see Charles. "What are you doing here?" I scoffed.

 

"I asked you first," he sneered at me.

 

"I'm on a secret mission! You're going to blow my cover!" I whispered rather loudly.

 

Charles rolled his eyes and stood up. "Whatever," he muttered before walking away.

 

I put my attention back on the fortune teller's muttering. I made out a few words I knew from my spell book. I was offically worried. The fricken fortune teller was a witch! I quick made my way to the side of the crate and stuck my head under the curtain. I watched from behind another box, conveniently placed right by me. I watched as she took a lock of Dianna's hair and fused it with a ring. Dianna stared in awe, happy that she was helping her.

 

I couldn't let this happen to Ryan again. I quick pulled my head back out and looked around. Which way had I come from? Aw, crap. I was offically lost. I tried retracing my steps, but I had no luck. I went towards the ring-tossing booth. I looked down the line, but my view was blocked by all of the people. I narrowed my eyes to try and enhance my vision. There wasn't a familiar face in sight, so I started walking along the side. I glanced back to the tent once just in time to see Dianna walk out. I decided to follow her back to Ryan and Derek. She might know where they are and go straight there.

 

I followed her for about five minutes when I caught sight of my friends from out the corner of my eye. Dianna looked over and waved; she didn't see me. She ran over happily and I quickly followed her. Dianna held out the ring tiredly. "I wanted to give you this," she told Ryan, panting bewteen each word.

 

I quick reached out and snatched the ring from her. "Thank you," I said cheerfully, "but I'd prefer people didn't manipulate others by means of objects and voodoo."

 

I smiled happily at her, but she didn't look so happy. She turned and ran, seeming a bit embarrassed. I know I probably hurt her feelings, and she probably hates me, but I saved Ryan from another manipulative girl.

 

Stella the spy strikes again!



© 2010 Emmy


Author's Note

Emmy
Stella's so silly, lol.
Ignore typos!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

313 Views
Added on April 25, 2010
Last Updated on May 5, 2010


Author

Emmy
Emmy

NJ



About
Hii, I'm Emily :D Images and Pictures for your Website, blog or Forum See? YAYYY! I live in NJ, and I'm alway getting these new ideas. I can't keep track of HALF. That's a lot. I can bake brownie.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emmy


Plague Plague

A Book by Emmy