Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by Emmy
"

Stella tries practicing her spells when Derek calls her to go to the Octoberfest at the school.

"

When saying spells, you need to be focused. You also need just the right words. I've been practicing the one spell I need so far. I didn't dare practice on myself, so I used a stray dog I had found the other day. With confidence written all over my face, I pointed to the dog and shouted, "Make him a girl!"

 

I paused as the dog just sat there and did nothing. I hope it worked. I went over to look at the puppy closely. He wagged his tail happily, as if I had a doggie treat in my hand. I checked to see if he was still a boy, and he was. I sighed a depressing sigh. I was never going to fix Ryan at this rate! I wondered what did happen when I did the spell. Then suddenly, the dog meowed.

 

Just my luck, I thought. A meowing dog. I quick did a general reverse spell and he was barking again. Why didn't I use this spell on Ryan? The spell is too powerful, that's why. Some spells can't by fixed with a general reverse; they need the same spell again. I can't seem to get the words to match what I want to happen. Then it hit me: did I want to make Ryan a girl again?

 

I shook my head, feeling embarrssed. What a selfish thought! I messed up horribly and I'm standing here wondering if I want to fix it or not. I can't do that to him like that. I tried to concentrate. Maybe it's how I said the spell that it didn't work. "Make him a girl!" I repeated.

 

The dog whined at me, as if I was pushing him too hard. I was the one working, not him! I went to check him out, but he was still a male dog. I muttered a reverse spell just incase he was going to meow again. Soon, I felt a vibration in my pocket. I took out my cell phone to see Derek was calling me. I picked up. "Hello?" I said.

 

"Hey, it's Derek," Derek greeted.

 

"Hi, Derek," I replied.

 

"Hey, do you wanna go to Octoberfest at the school? It's in a couple of hours."

 

Octoberfest? Isn't that the big fair at the school with a bunch of fall-themed things? "I don't know," I admitted. "I'm working on my spells right now."

 

There was silence on the other line. Did I offend him in some way? Then there was a laugh. "You can work later!" Derek said happily. "I already got Ryan to go." Ryan was going? "It took a lot of effort, but he finally agreed. You sure you don't wanna come?"

 

I hesitated. Did I want to go? I looked to the puppy and smiled. I could set him up with food and drink. Maybe a couple toys will do the trick. Viola, the dog is entertained until I come home. I guess I could take a break. "Sure," I told him, "I'll come."

 

Derek's voice seemed to show he lit up with happiness. "Okay, meet at Ryan's house in about an hour," he instructed.

 

"Got it!"



© 2010 Emmy


Author's Note

Emmy
ignore typos!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
Added on April 22, 2010
Last Updated on April 22, 2010


Author

Emmy
Emmy

NJ



About
Hii, I'm Emily :D Images and Pictures for your Website, blog or Forum See? YAYYY! I live in NJ, and I'm alway getting these new ideas. I can't keep track of HALF. That's a lot. I can bake brownie.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emmy


Plague Plague

A Book by Emmy