Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Emmy
"

Alex is so close, but will she get what she came for?

"

"Hey Alex," I said a bit slowly.

 

I wondered why she was in my room. I guess she came to see me. I kept to my bed while she took a seat in the beanbag chair. We got engaged into a conversation for about ten minutes. She looked over to me with those deep brown eyes. "Ryan," she asked suddenly. "How do you feel about me?"

 

I looked over to her. "What do you mean?"

 

She stood and walked over towards me. "You know, your feelings for me. What are they?" she said, stroking the side of the bed.

 

I sat up to try and protest, but she tackled me over. She was pinning my arms to the bed as she remained on top of me. How did I feel about her? She put her forehead to mine and grinned. She knew what she was doing, but did she know my situation? I assumed and prayed she did not.

 

I didn't get a lot of time to do so before my mind blanked; that was when she kissed me. I wasn't sure what I should have done at that moment, but I noticed her lips were rather rough. It reminded me of my old boyfriend, who happens to have the same name. "Ryan!"

 

Alex stopped to look over at the door. I was shocked, and I turned to look. I saw Derek and Stella staring at me. Stella looked as hurt as I was confused. That was a lot. Derek is the only one who remembered why he came. "Ryan, you're charmed," he yelled.

 

What? I struggled myself from Alex easily. She sat on the bed a bit angrily. Obvious she'd be mad she kinda got denied. Stella finally found the words she needed, "Show us for who we really are!"

 

This was the first time I heard her say a spell outloud. She normally muttered it under her breath, but I guess accuracy was everything. The room started to fade into a black nothingness. I looked around as the fading began to slow. The world was dark. I glanced to myself and saw I was me again! I looked over and saw Stella and Derek standing there. Where did Alex go?

 

I looked around a bit confused. Where did she go?! I turned entirely around to find Alex behind me. Not the Alex I was looking for, my old boyfriend Alex. He hugged me suddenly, as if he hadn't seen me for twenty years. I waited for him to finally release me before I stepped back. "You knew all along," I stated angrily.

 

He looked at me. His eyes hadn't changed, but it took me this long to notice? Alex tried to explain himself, "I missed you, Rachel. I came here and found it out, but I couldn't help but want to try. I-"

 

I cut him off. "Did you think how I would feel?" I growled.

 

"Well, I real-"

 

"I didn't think so. I put up with you back in New York, because I thought I loved you," I said, "but I knew the magic was gone. When I moved away, I felt that was an excuse to use to break up with you, but I see that was stupid. I can't run away from my problems.

 

"I can't believe I fell for you again. I demand that you take this charm off of me, now."

 

Alex muttered something quickly and I suddenly felt normal. Stella and Derek were leaning against the invisable wall of the dark abyss. I narrowed my eyes angrily. How could he play games with me? Again? "Alex," I said. He looked at me sincerely. "I want to to go back to New York, and never come back."

 

He seemed hurt by my words. Stella came over to my left side. "Yeah," she said. "Begone!"

 

Soon, Alex faded into the darkness, just as he had for me many months ago. Stella looked at me. "Should I remove the illusion?"

 

"Just a moment longer," I pleaded. "I'd like to be normal for just a bit longer..."

 

Derek nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you're super hot!"

 

I narrowed my eyes. "Shut up, Derek!" I spat.

 

Stella looked at me again. "You're not entirely normal," she said. I gave her a look. "Well, slowly, you're changing. Soon, you won't just look like Ryan. You'll become Ryan. You see, after a certain amount of time, some spells become permanent."

 

I stared wide-eyed at her for another second. "How far am I into this process?" I asked.

 

Stella knelt down and lifted up a pantleg. "Further than I thought," she said, lookign at my leg.

 

I felt like a freak of nature. I was a girl with the legs of a guy. This was embarrassing. "What a turn off," I heard Derek mutter.

 

I turned swiftly to him. "I heard that," I barked.

 

Soon the room began to revert back into my bedroom. I looked around to find that Alex was gone. Derek and Stella stayed over for dinner that night. I was laying on my bed at around ten o'clock at night. I rested with my arms behind my head. Soon I actually will be Ryan, huh? Should I care about that? I mean, being a guy isn't all bad. Now that I think about it, Rachel wasn't a very good character to play. Maybe never being Rachel again wouldn't be such a horrible thing...



© 2010 Emmy


Author's Note

Emmy
ignore typos!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

443 Views
Added on April 17, 2010
Last Updated on June 25, 2010


Author

Emmy
Emmy

NJ



About
Hii, I'm Emily :D Images and Pictures for your Website, blog or Forum See? YAYYY! I live in NJ, and I'm alway getting these new ideas. I can't keep track of HALF. That's a lot. I can bake brownie.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Emmy


Plague Plague

A Book by Emmy