Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Esther Night

As Jake, Kate, and Karla walked they chatted about whatnot.

“BUMP!” they stopped and looked around “BUMP!” they look into the far sand path. A pack of dragon, hose like creatures was running towards them. They walked on four feet, which were hove like. Their bodies were hose like expect for the dragon wings and tail with green with faces. As they came closer and more and more appeared.

“It’s a stampede” Kate yelled. Kate and Karla rushed away from their path holding on to an out of the way boulder. Jake was in too much in shock to move watching these strange creatures come towards, growing bigger and larger after every second. He went into the feral position; his arms hugged his legs, his knees at his soldiers, his head down in them. The stampede went by, they past Jake, who was still in one piece.

Jake poked his head out, “Am I a live?” and it was clear it relived him. He slowly unwrapped himself, and stood up. And danced and sang “I will survive, I will survive, as I know to love know I’ll get along.” As danced he around to find Kate and Karla staring him. After a second of awkward silence, Karla and Kate bust out laughing.

Kate patted him on the back, “you’re such a dork,”

Jake turned red from embarrassment, “uh…. What were those things?”

Kate took a black book with the tittle “Magical Creatures of Tondona” in red; she shuffled thought the pages, “Wow! We just saw Rarikes, the result of a dragon and a pony breeding!” 

They laughed and mocked all the way until they came upon a metal tree.

                The tuck was like a crushed sliver metal tube, the branches and leafs, many multicolored wires.

“We’re here, the techno forest” I.P said.

Karla led the way “Well come on, let’s find spot and set up camp, I’m tried and my are killing me”

The grass was silver and hard, metal trees were everywhere. Jake wasn’t sure what to think, this couldn’t normal right? Then again none of this could be normal. 

“How about there?” Kate said pointing to an area of flat land.

“Seems good to me” Karla snugged.

Jake shuffled though his bag, “I can’t find any tent poles in mine, just a bunch of these sliver cylinder things. Are they in yours?”

Kate and Karla laughed. “Do you really think we would set up our tents manually?” Karla said.

Jake’s face was filled with embarrassment and confusion, “…well that’s the only I’ve set up a tent....So how are we doing it?”

Kate took a cylinder form his bag. “See this red button, you push it then throw it” when it hit the ground light busted and tent appeared.           

Jake mouth dropped “Wow!”

After they set their camps, Kate threw a cylinder to create a fire. Jake sat by side her on a truck that had fallen. Karla came out from her tent wearing a gray sweat suit, and joined them.

Karla looked up at the stars, “wow the stars beautiful here”

Jake nodded, “Yea, and just look at what shapes there in. Right there I see a dragon” he pointed

Karla laughed, “Awesome! Oh look right there it looks like a bow tie”

“I SEE A KITTY CAT”, Kate cheered, then folded her hands and put them in front her soldiers, like a cat holding up her paws. “Meow, Meow” she started cheering.

“Meow, Meow” Jake joined in.

Karla looked at them meowing and rolled her eyes, “this is going to a long mission” she said. But couldn’t help it and joined in “Meow, Meow”

In the darkness, Jake tossed and turned in his sleeping bag. He flipped on his back. He took a calming slow breath then shut his eyes. He started traveling though his brain. He felt the sound of laughter on his face, he opened his eyes, and he was no longer in the tent. It was beautiful, beautiful soft green grass everywhere, a sparking crystal blue river flowing thought; the sky was light blue, clear, not a cloud in the sky. He reached up and felt smooth wood. He turned around; it was a tree, a real tree with beautiful green leaves, and multicolored flowers. He felt clam, relaxed, just this inner peace. Music arose though the land. He rested, lay it though his ears. The more and more he listen, he began to recognize it. It was the strange tune Kate was humming that day. A beautiful voice began to sing,

“Baby just listen to the sound of my voice.

If you ever have to make a big choice.

Or whenever you’re alone and scared.

 Know I that I’ve always cared”

A small object flew by him. It looked to be some kind of bug, its body was bright red, and its wings were sliver. It landed on Jake’s hand; it didn’t bite or string him or anything it just stood there seeming to be looking straight at him.

He suddenly heard a baby crying, and then heard a woman saying “Corybantes, Corybantes”. He turned around and saw a young woman with black hair covering her face wearing a black dress, holding a baby wrapped in a white blanket.

“Excuse me” Jake yelled, thinking she could tell where he was, but she didn’t respond. He walked close up to her, “Hey where are we?” once again no response. Jake looked over at the baby, it had stopped crying and was now asleep. Jake saw the baby had black hair and tan skinned like the woman. He reached out to touch her, but his hand went straight though. He heard footsteps the women turn her head to a young man walking up. He was wearing a mask, an old Greek comic mask. He had long brown hair, wearing black jeans, a white shirt, and a leather jacket. Also he was holding a baby wrapped in a white blanket.  

                    “Ivy, Ivy baby” he said smiling at the baby in his arms.

He started at them until he felt a blast of wind knock him off his feet.


© 2012 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012