Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Esther Night

“Hey” Jake called to the man, but the stranger didn’t answer him. The stranger picked the children and ran. The sun burned brighter, blindly Jake.

He screamed and opened his eyes. He was in the tent; it was open showing the morning light. He got up and whispered to himself “Wow, I am having very strange dreams”

He saw Karla and Kate “Okay I’m sorry if sound dumb, but where are we going?”

“We think their new hideout is located outside the forest in the old town Tondana” Karla said.

Kate jumped up, and started flipping her book “Tondana? That so close to Thaila, oh could we go there?”

Karla smiled “well after we kick their butts, we we’ll stop by”

Jake looked at Kate smiling, “Kate, why are you so into this place?”

Kate’s face changed from happy to questioning, “I don’t really know why, I just get this feeling about Thaila, it just calls me”

The three of them were about to start on their search.  

“Hey Jake, get I.P’s GPS to locate the hideout so that we go the right direction” Karla said.

Jake picked up I.P, and gasped when he saw what was on the screen

“What?” Kate laughed.

“This thing, its playing solitaire” Jake replied

I.P screamed “this thing! I am not a thing! My name is Input Positive, I.P for short. And never call me an “it”! I prefer to think of myself as a she!”

Jake dropped her, freaking out nearly in tears “Okay! Okay! I’m sorry, please don’t yell me anymore” he begged.

Kate and Kate fell on the ground laughing, “ha anyway, I.P can you point us in the right direction?” Kate asked picking I.P.

I.P paused her game and pulled a map, “Anything for YOU KATIE” she said.

They spent the day hiking though the wires of the techno forest. The crossed into dirt, Jake was actually amazed, he bent down on the ground, grabbing and handful and rubbed it though his fingers “it’s normal, finally something normal”

There were half destroyed buildings all round them, pieces of wood spattered.

“I think that’s it!” Karla pointed to a huge black building with a large gray tunnel leading to it, in faded paint; it looked as it once read “City Hall”.  Immediately the three ran to the dark building, as they approached Kate stopped them.

“Wait guys, we know N.I.G.H.T isn’t dumb, this seem way too easy” Kate took   a handful of dirt in her hand. She threw it in the tunnel. The movement of the falling dirt activated red beaming lazars all though out the tunnel in different angles and directions.

“I knew it” Kate whispered.

Jake’s mouth dropped “So are we going the spy movie thing and try to go through those? I don’t know if I could actually do that?”

Karla and he looked to Kate as Kate shifted eyes around the tunnel.

“Karla, do you have your make up compact on you?” Kate asked.

Karla opened her bag “Yea” she said handing her shiny red compact to Kate. Kate flipped open  the mirror carefully eased it though one of the nearby lazars, a ray bounced off the mirror. Kate turned the compact controlling lazar. She put her eye on the far control box by, angling the lazar until it hit the box and fried it, smoke airing out. All the lazars disappeared. Karla and Jake cheered and gave Kate a group hug.

But meanwhile inside the old city hall building, Ian ran hearing the screaming alarm. He ran into a diming lighted room computers, in many sizes some broken, some not. He looked to the master computer, as big the wall, several screens above it, standing in front was a man, a thin, pale man, messy brown hair, brown eyes underneath big circle glasses, wearing a lab coat.

“Nicky! What’s going on?” Ian command.

Nicky started pushing buttons “SSir… Someone has broken the security system” Kate, Jake, and Karla appeared on one of the screens, caught on a security camera.

 Ian smiled “So those kids are alive huh? Nicky release THEM”. Nicky nodded.



© 2012 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 27, 2012
Last Updated on September 27, 2012