Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Esther Night

“Thalia is only a few miles west” Kate stated looking west.

“We will go there after this” Karla said

“Yea” Jake started; he looked deep into her brown eyes “I promise when we get out of here, we will go there”

Then a growl came from behind, they turned around. They immediately recognize it; it was the pack of robotic wolves that attacked their campsite. The pack charged at them, Kate ran to grab some pieces of wood and threw one to Jake and Karla. Karla managed to tear form one the wolves’ bite, tearing a part of her sleeve. She caught the log and knock off the wolves on her. Jake was screaming several wolves on top of him, feeling their sharp metal teeth dig into his flesh, and then something happened, something clicked inside him.  He pushed the wolves off, grabbed the wood and started beating them off left and right.  Metal was breaking, wires falling.

“Hey you two go on, I’ll get the rest and join you later” Karla screamed.

Jake and Kate nodded in agreement, fighting their way to the door; they quickly opened it, ran inside and slammed it. 

They caught their breaths in the dark room they entered. Kate fumbled though her bag, she managed to find and turn on a flashlight. The light shined though the room, broken electronic parts spattered all around.

“I think there’s a stairway right there” Jake pointed out. The two walked slowly toward the stairs, using the little light and sense of touch to climb step by step. As they felt the floor at the end of the stairs, a green light flashed, a beep blew around the room.

“Look there’s a computer in the middle of the room.” Kate pointed out. And there was, on a black desk was a monitor, the screen was bright blue, nothing on it. They started walking to it, until they heard shocking noises, buzzing noises, and they were coming from Kate’s pocket. She pulled out I.P, the screen was going crazy.

“I.P!  What’s happening? Are you okay?” they both screamed.

“HE’S HERE, HE’S NEAR” I.P shirked

“Who?”  They asked her.

“I. N, evil computer, N.I.G.H.T.’s “great” master computer”   

‘Well if that’s it then get it” Jake said running towards the computer.

Kate ran behind him.

“WAIT” I.P cried, but Jake and Kate didn’t hear it. They stood in front of the screen.

“Beep”

A pair of hands came over each of their mouths, they felt themselves being dragged. They didn’t know where they were going, they dropped hitting the floor.

The lights came on, three men stood in front of them.

“You kids lasted longer than I thought” a strange voice laughed.

“Who are you?” Jake yelled out.

“The name is Ivan, evil genies, and the master creator of N.I.G.H.T” Ivan turns to his right

“This is Duke, my first mate, my vice president, my best solider.”

Duke smiled, but his smile dropped a little looking deeply that the children.

Ivan didn’t notice, he looked to his left, “And this Nicky, my computer geek”

Nicky smiled admirably at Ivan.

“Why are you doing this?” Jake yelled out. Kate just looked to the three men, speechless.

Ivan stepped forward and started walking around them.

‘The world today, runs on, relies on, and feeds on their phones, computers, and their televisions. It controls them! So if I cash and conquer the tecongoy, I cash and conquer the people.”

He took a breath, then made a devilish smile “That will show them…that will show them all!”

Jake blurted out, “Show who? What did our world ever do to you?”

Ivan shot Jake a look, “In your world! People are just like sheep, blindly following others! And wanting perfection in others to do the same! I grew up in YOUR world. I was a short, meek child. Every time I tried to throw a ball or run a base…I’d fall, I’d missed, I’d screwed up…and they would laugh and boo. They would push me around calling me weak, weird, a loser. My teachers were no help, they were robots! Programed to repeat facts and figures, and my classmates just followed along, never questioning anything, never looking for a deeper meaning. But I dared to ask, I dared to lead. And for that I was marked as trouble marker.”

He stopped and smiled at his crew.

“When I was a teenager a Tondanan sciencest discover the way to open the portal between that world and his. With the portal open, many people began travel though the worlds. Including new students and that is when I met Duke there, a tough badass joker, whose peace loving people had also marked him as a rebel. Together we spayed our message on the walls. Duke beat up everybody who tried to mess with us. But our actives got us in trouble many times; so many times in fact we were banished from my home town. We seeked revenge, for their closed minds. He told me we could hideout in an area in his home land, Thailia. Before we left I convinced one of our old classmates, a todana born, who was actually the son of the sciencest that opened the portal, to come with us and help me built a computer system for revenge.”

Duke cleared his throat, looked at Ivan

Ivan sighed and rolled his eyes “Oh and Duke met and fell in love with this crazy hippie girl, in that school, Esmeralda, who actually has become a good contractible to our gang.

And together we have spent years building and growing to control the world that out casted us.”

“You’re not going to win, that’s what we are here for”

Ivan laughed, than looked at Nicky. Nicky nodded and pressed a green button on his watch.             

The floor started changing, opening up around Jake and Kate. They fell hitting a hard floor, in the dark.

“Jake are you there?”

“Yea, are you okay Kate?”

“Yea”

“Beep”



© 2012 Esther Night


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on September 27, 2012
Last Updated on September 27, 2012