Setting the Stage

Setting the Stage

A Chapter by Caradactyl

My name is Dawn Miyazaki, and this is a story of the adventure I had when I was a teenager. I was a senior at an all-girl boarding school in a tiny town at the very edge of Tokyo. To any American, German, or other race, I looked like an ordinary Japanese girl, and I was. My hair was a dark brownish red, like the color of dark raspberries, and you could easily tell it had been colored and damaged many times by the dry, coarse, split ends. I stand about 5'3, and I was skinny, and only becoming skinnier. I had an eating disorder than started when I was about 8 years old, after my kaasan (or mother in English.) had died. I lived with my Sofu and Oneesan (grandfather and big sister) in a small, but very expensive house in the middle of our small town. Our house was built to resemble a worshipping temple, because my Sofu was a very religious man, and he believed God would be pleased if he lived in a house that looked like a temple. The house only had two bedrooms, so my Oneesan and I shared, but it had everything else, a full bathroom, and a kitchen and dining place. To someone else, the dining hall would look strange, because in Japan, when you eat, you don't eat at a table, you sit on a mat on the floor in a circle with your family and friends. Typical decorations fill our home, dragon statues, paper scrolls with ancient writing on them, and mute windchimes. My Sofu did not like the sound they made, so he took the weights out of them.
My favorite part of the house, however was the garden in the back. The garden is the reason my Sofu's house is in the middle of town. It is enormous, about a mile all they way around. All of the townspeople come to our garden and help keep it alive and well. There are hedges all around the perimeter of the garden, and they are trimmed to look like really long dragon, complete with spikes and wings. Inside the garden are many paths, and many flowers and trees of all sizes and colors. I love the garden. But this is not the reason I am telling you this story. This is just the setting.


© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
Rated it Teen because, you know, life isn't exactly G-rated sometimes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like the way you described everything. your writing flows very well :D
i shall continue reading!


Posted 13 Years Ago


Good set up, some word errors, i'll tell you later, Keep going!

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on January 5, 2011
Tags: Miyazaki


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl


Meeting Him Meeting Him

A Chapter by Caradactyl