That's What Sisters Are For

That's What Sisters Are For

A Chapter by Caradactyl
"

Chapter 7!

"
    The flat, green countryside of Japan faded into buildings and concrete as Lucas watched out the window of the taxi. He wasted no time in explaining what happened to Dawn over the phone, and May was on her way to get him merely minutes after. May seemed worried over the phone, as anyone would if they heard that their best friends were in danger. But now, it seemed as if May were cool with it, she didn’t say anything about it, and was even singing with the radio, and texting everyone she knew. It angered Lucas a little. Dawn had said they were like sisters, right? Why wouldn’t May at least try to get a little information from him?

It bothered Lucas so much that finally, he turned to her and said, “What are you doing?” She looked at him with a kind of look that said ‘Why are you bothering me?’ and replied, “I’m trying to talk to my friends, why?” Lucas then got angry. “Why would you text them when you should be worried about Dawn??” May looked at her phone, and stuttered, “Well…I… I am worried.” Lucas shook his head. How could Dawn think someone like May was her real friend?

When the taxi finally rolled into Tokyo, Lucas threw all the money he had in his pocket at the driver and jumped out of the car. May followed behind him, but seemed to be slow about it. Lucas got to the train station and waited patiently, May still clicking away on that stupid phone. Lucas sighed in anger, not really caring if she heard him. It wasn’t the fact that May was completely blowing off the situation that enraged him; so much as the fact that Dawn actually THOUGHT May was her “friend”. He would definitely have to tell her otherwise when he found her.

When the two finally got on the train, Lucas casually stopped to zip up his jacket and waited for May to pick a seat. He then sat in the seat across the alley from her, which made her look up at him in confusion. After they got back into Dawn’s town, they hurried through the enormous garden towards the house. When they got to the water fountain near the house, May then pointed at an elderly man and said, “That’s Zangan.”

Lucas ran up to the old man, who turned and looked at him through dark, almost unkind eyes. They both exchanged greetings and Lucas began to explain what happened to Dawn, and why her kidnappers wanted her. Zangan seemed to take it in slowly, but when he realized what Lucas had said, his face seemed to take on an angry look. He shook his head and said, “I can’t believe what you say. Dawn would never go into Tokyo without my permission, or with a strange boy, either. Leave now.”

May seemed to have finally put her phone down and walked up to Zangan and said, “Please, Miyazaki-san. (Mr. Miyazaki) You have to believe him. He is wearing proof of what happened to them. Look at his ankle.” Lucas pulled up his jean leg to reveal his ugly, blackish purple ankle. Zangan shook his head again and grumbled something, before turning away.

Lucas sighed and looked at May, who seemed to think for a minute. Then she said, “I know who we can talk to.” She grabbed Lucas’ hand and pulled him with her around to the front of the house, where the front door was wide-open, letting in the warm breeze. Lucas stopped in the foyer of the house and said, “I’ll wait here. I’m not going through Dawn’s house if her grandfather doesn’t allow it.” May gave him another look before hurrying through the house.

Moments passed, and Lucas soon heard May talking to someone. Two sets of footsteps echoed through the house as May came back with a girl who looked just like Dawn, only with black hair, that almost looked dark blue. She looked at him and then back at May and asked, “So Lucas is real. Then why won’t he believe you guys?” May shrugged and said, “Please help us. We need to get money for two tickets to Russia, and as fast as possible!” The words ‘two tickets’ ran through Lucas’ head, and it confused him. Who else was going with him?

May caught his look and said; “You really don’t think I would let you go to Russia by yourself, do you?” Lucas got irritated again and snapped, “Is this about Dawn, or about me?!” May shook her head and blew him off before telling the girl, “Help us save your sister.” Dawn’s sister nodded and said, “Wait here. I know of something that might help you.” She hurried back into the house, and a few more minutes passed, and when she came back, she was holding a beautiful glass vase with many blue and red Japanese patterns on it. She pulled the cork lid off the top of the vase and reached in.

“This is our family’s emergency savings. Don’t tell anyone that you used this.” She hissed. Lucas nodded and reached a hand out, and Dawn’s sister plopped a velvet purple sack in his hand. Lucas nodded and put it in the pocket of his jacket before he respectfully bowed to her and said, “Thank you, so much.” She waved her hand at him and said, “Just bring my sister back.”



© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
Finally up! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i'm liking this! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


writewritewrite!!! I like this. So intense!

Posted 13 Years Ago


5th paragraph, read the first line :) otherwise its great

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like this... it is very interesting and you should have no trouble continuing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
4 Reviews
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 28, 2011


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl