Airport Crushes

Airport Crushes

A Chapter by Caradactyl
"

HALF OF CHAPTER 8!!

"
When I woke up, I wasn’t in the car anymore. I was sitting in an airport that I had never seen before. When I tried to stand up, a pain shot through my leg and I grunted and sat back down. I had forgotten about the bullet hole in my calf… I looked around, but I couldn’t see through all the people and luggage all over the place. Nothing was familiar. I had always seen the faces of Japanese people, dark tan faces, black hair, and dark eyes. But I looked around here, and I saw very pale faces, different colors of hair, and everybody seemed like giant mountain men and women. People around me seem to see that I was different, too, because I kept getting weird looks.

    I made a loud noise of frustration, and just as I put my face in my hands, I felt a hand on my back, shaking me lightly. I looked behind me, but someone took hold of my head and turned me forward again. Foster’s voice whispered in my ear, “Okay, here’s what’s going to happen. I’ll get you out of the airport, and I’ll tell you where to go from here. Do NOT act like you know me in any way. Just follow me and pretend you don’t know me.” I shook my head and replied to him, “One problem. I can’t run, remember? You shot me.” Foster let go of my head, but his hand didn’t leave my back, and it felt hot. “…Alright.”

Next thing I know, Foster is holding me by my upper arm, and yanking me through the crowds as fast as we can go. I huffed and said, “Quit yanking me.” Foster didn’t say anything, and didn’t stop, either. Pain seared into my leg every step I took, as I hobbled along behind Foster. We pushed through all the people around us, and a lot of the ones who were shoved out of the way glared at us as we made way for the small electric train that ran around the entire airport.  This place was bigger than I had expected...

Foster stood in front of the sliding doors and looked around, a little out of breath. I looked around as well, and a lady who stood next to me gave me a weird look, and I shook my head at her and turned away. Once the train came to a full stop and the sliding doors opened, Foster ignored all the people who were flooding out and shoved his way in, pulling me behind. By this time, I couldn’t even put my leg down, because it hurt so badly. I hopped behind him and gladly sat down on one of the steel benches inside. Foster finally glanced around and then sat down beside me.

“It looks like we’re at station O. We need to get to station A.” I looked at Foster and said, “So you’re saying it’s going to be a while?” He shook his head and replied, “It won’t take this train anymore than ten seconds to get to each station, and after than, we have to go outside and get on a shuttle. It shouldn’t take more than ten minutes to get you out of here.” Just then, the automated voice told us to watch our balance, and then a blast of force shoved me sideways as the train took off. Because I was so off guard, I fell sideways into Foster. He grunted at me, but I felt his soft, strong arms wrap around me to keep me from falling off the bench. Wait, soft, strong arms? What was I thinking? Foster was the enemy. Yes, he was just as in danger as I was, but I shouldn’t be thinking thoughts like that about HIM. I looked up at him to see if I could see what he was thinking, and I was stunned to find him smiling softly at me. “You know what your problem is? You’re not careful.”



© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
I know this is a crappy place to end this half, but I don't know how I'm going to get them out of the airport. Just give me a lil bit, mmkay? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

they're gonna play cards by the end of the book!

Posted 13 Years Ago


aaaawwwww thats cute but i thought you went to go get gum... its been like 30 minutes lol

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 14, 2011
Last Updated on February 14, 2011


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl