Meeting Him: Kidnapped.

Meeting Him: Kidnapped.

A Chapter by Caradactyl
"

The second half of Chapter 3. :) Enjoy

"
It was getting to be about mid afternoon, and Lucas and I had hopped the magnet train into Tokyo. I can’t remember how, but we ended up in one of the giant malls in the middle of the city. We were becoming close, to my surprise. We agreed on almost everything, laughed at the same things, and had no problem telling each other things. Lucas told me about London, and how much different it was there. I told him about my parents, and why I lived with my wealthy grandpa. Lucas seemed genuinely concerned about my past, and was comforting. He told me that he also had lost his father to war. I felt bad for him, but tried not to let it show. It shocked me how easy it was to talk to a guy. I always had girls for friends, so I never really tried to get close to anyone else.

I dragged poor Lucas to all the clothing stores in the mall, and all the hair care product stores, until he finally made me go with him into a video game store to look at the stupid things there. I ended up blowing all the money I had in my wallet, and finally, we left the mall. Lucas and I walked to the bus station. We were the only two, but I wasn’t concerned. There were many bus stops in Tokyo, and it wasn’t weird to see an empty station once in a while. As we sat in the glass box on the bench, Lucas finally said, “Dawn, I had a lot of fun with you. I didn’t realize how alike we are.” I gave him a real smile, something I haven’t done in a while, and told him, “I’m glad we’re friends. I hope we can stay friends.” He nodded in agreement and we sat there.

We sat, and we sat, and we sat for a long time, which is where I started getting suspicious. The buses usually don’t take this long. Lucas kept checking his watch, and I pulled at the strings on my hoodie uneasily. Finally, I looked at Lucas, determined to ease the questions in my mind. “Lucas, what did you want from me? You obviously forgot about May, so why are you still here with me?” He looked at me, almost as if he were trying to look in my eyes, as he said, “Well, honestly, I wanted to get to know May through you. But I didn’t want to sit in the garden where anyone could listen in on us. That’s why I asked you to come with me. But now, after I’ve spent time with you, I don’t care anymore, I want to be friends with you.” That struck something deep inside me. Someone actually wanted to be friends with me? That was amazing!

I sat there all giddy and excited as Lucas stood up and looked down the streets for the bus. I was about to tell him that we should just go take the train, when suddenly, there was a flash of lightning, and thunder rumbled. I looked at the ground to see a few random drops of water land on the pavement, and just as Lucas sat back down, the sky opened up and it poured rain.

So there we were, trapped in a glass bus station as we waited endlessly. Lucas pulled his jacket tight around him and buttoned up. I just sat there in short sleeves and shivered in the cold rain. Tokyo was like that sometimes, 80 degrees one minute, and then pouring ice rain the next. Lucas seemed to notice, and scooted closer to me. It’s not that I don’t like Lucas, believe me, I trusted him, it’s just that I wasn’t exactly comfortable with anyone that close to me, not just a guy. I finally stood up and poked my head out in the rain and fog to see if anything was coming, and to my relief, a bus turned the corner and came our direction.

I smiled and looked back at Lucas. “Hey, c’mon. A bus is here.” The large vehicle pulled up beside the station and we ran in quickly. That’s where I made my first mistake. I should have looked at this strange bus before diving in, because I would have seen that it wasn’t a city bus, with the sign on the front telling you where it was going. This bus had a dark feel to it, when we got in, we sat down in the seats, to find that there were no emergency break loops along the ceiling like there always was. I tried to get a look at the driver, but he had the collar of his coat pulled over his neck, and the bill of his hat pulled over his face.

I looked at Lucas, who didn’t seem bothered at all. Maybe I was just paranoid. Luckily, I had pocketed my phone, wallet, and my Ipod in my cargo pants before I left the house. I put in my headphones and pulled out my Ipod, and chilled as the bus rolled away. Soon, Lucas was sitting beside me, and we were playing games on my Ipod together. As I was getting deep into the game, Lucas suddenly stopped playing and looked past me out the window. I looked up at him, then out the window, too.

What hit me next felt like a thousand icicles piercing deep into my body. We were getting onto the main highway out of the city, and Lucas and I looked at each other. We both stood up and started to call to the driver, telling him to stop. He seemed to ignore us, so we ran up to him and grabbed his shirt and shook him. I shook the arm of his jacket and said, “Hey! Hey, stop the bus. We were supposed to go the other way!” The driver only smirked and nodded, and continued driving. Lucas pushed him roughly and said, “Stop this bus, now!” The driver never looked away from the road as he reached up and elbowed me in the side, knocking me back into Lucas, and we both went to the floor.

I moved off of Lucas and he sat up. We looked at each other in terror as we realized- we were being kidnapped!


© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
Okay, here's where the book really gets started. Still rated T.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wooahhh! This is good!
So, Lucas got off really easy. Even if he likes her now, that was a rotten thing for him to do ):< GRRRR Lucas is ON MY LIST, even if he isn't on hers. He better make it up to me by being amazing(:


Posted 13 Years Ago


Keeeeeep writing! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 5, 2011
Last Updated on January 5, 2011


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl