Meeting Him

Meeting Him

A Chapter by Caradactyl
"

THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST PART OF THE CHAPTER!!!!! I finally got an idea, then I wanted to write so much, Writer's Cafe couldn't hold it. :P More to come!!!

"
May and I were walking up the path to our school together when she grabbed my hand. “Okay, talk. What’s going on?” I blinked dumbly at her then replied to the question. “You talk. What do you mean?” “You and Lucas! Don’t think I didn’t see you two muttering earlier! What were you guys saying?” I didn’t want to tell her. It would have ruined all three of our friendships if I told her we were creeping on her behind her back. “He…asked me to hang out with him after class.” I flinched on the inside. Would she buy it?

To my relief, she did. “Aw! That’s so cute, Dawn. You two would make an adorable couple.” May knew that I hated hearing people say that about me and somebody else. I just hated the awkward feeling it creates when someone says that, and then you can’t look at your friend the same way. I blushed and looked down out of shame for lying. My next class was Dance, which was good. I needed a good distraction from May.

Dancing did little to distract me from thinking about what I would say to Lucas. What was there to say? I can’t just pour my mind out of my mouth like some people can. I can’t even write it down, hence my grandfather always wasting money on diaries I never use. After changing back into my school uniform, I picked up my things and left. My classes were over now; I did not have a 7th class like everyone else. Gathering all my homework into my bag, I slung the strap over my shoulder and headed home. I wanted to see my sister before I met up with Lucas.

The breeze was warm and the sun was shining brightly as I walked down the road to my house, and I felt better about talking to Lucas. When I got home, my sister was in our room, listening to music. I playfully threw my bad at her and laughed as she made an angry noise and threw it back. “Dawn, what are you doing? You should be in school.” I put my bag down in the corner and took my uniform jacket off before saying, “Don’t have a 7th period today, you know that. Anyways, what are you doing?”

She finally shut her laptop and took her headphones out. “Gonna go into Tokyo with my friend and do some shopping.” I nodded, and didn’t say anything. My sister never asked me to go with her and her friends anywhere, probably because she didn’t want the responsibility of taking care of her little sister. I just sighed and said, “Okay. Have fun.”

She took her time getting ready, and I just sat there and watched her. When she was about to walk out the door, I finally got the nerve to stop her. “Oneesan, wait.” She huffed and turned around to look at me. I wanted to sigh and say never mind, but I wanted to hear what she would say.

I told her about Lucas, and how he wanted me to tell him everything about May, but May didn’t know, and how I felt bad for doing that to her. After I was done with my story, my sister just looked at me for a moment before saying, “Well, I don’t really know. How do you keep getting into things like that? I mean, if you don’t want to say anything, don’t go.” That what all she had to say before turning and walking out the door.

My sister’s not the comforting type, but sometimes I just felt like I needed her, she was the only other girl I really had left in my life. She was always the prettier one, the popular one. Her hair was almost a bluish black, and long, down to her back. She always had the newest outfits and technology, and she had a lot of friends. I just have May, and a few other friends I barely ever talk to. Finally, I went to my room to take off my school uniform and throw on some green cargo pants, my usual black sneakers, a dark red tank top with a black star in the middle, and a black short sleeved hoodie that opened down low enough to show the red undershirt and star. At least I looked decent before I met Lucas.

Once outside, I walked through the garden back to where I met Lucas and sat down. Soon enough, he walked through the gate and over to me. He grinned at me, and I smiled back, but not directly at him, as he sat down beside me and greeted me. “Hey, Dawn.” I kept my eyes away from him and around the garden as I said, “So, what do you want me to say?” He shrugged before saying, “I don’t really know. Just tell me what she likes.”

I told him about everything we always did together, how she loved to go window-shopping at the pet store, and how she loved all things pink or purple. I noticed something, though. As I was telling Lucas what I thought he wanted to hear, he would turn away, and act as if he weren’t even listening. It got to the point where I just stood up and said, “Fine. If you don’t want to listen, forget it.” I didn’t give him a chance to respond before turning and walking away. I felt Lucas grab my arm, and I yanked away. “What do you want, Lucas?” He shuffled his feet for a moment, and looked nervous before he said, “I…I just don’t feel right around here, will you come walk with me?” I shrugged and sighed. “Yes, I suppose I can.”


© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
Grammar, Spelling, you know. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Whuddup with Lucas?!

Posted 13 Years Ago


write more! i wanna keep reading!
haha...surprised cuz i'm not usually into this kind of story but your writing is quite compelling.
i want to know what lucas wants!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 4, 2011


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl