Confrontation

Confrontation

A Chapter by Caradactyl
"

Chapter 6!

"
When I woke up, I was laying on a bed in a dark room. I blinked a few times before my eyes got used to the darkness, and I could make out the shape of another bed across the room mine, and nothing else. I sat up, and my face and shoulder started burning from the scrapes I had gotten from falling on the highway. I sucked in oxygen through my teeth, making a hissing noise. I reached up and ran my fingers lightly across the raw skin, and I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. Someone was lying on the bed over in the other corner. I started to get up and leave the room, when that familiar voice said, “There’s no point leaving, we’ll just keep you here.” It was Foster. I sighed and looked over at him. “What am I doing here?” Foster sat up and said, “We’re taking you to our base. This is just a stop along the way.”

I reached up and gently rubbed the sore skin on my head and replied, “Foster, you don’t have any right to do this to someone you don’t even know. What makes you think this is okay?” He only shook his head, tossing his dark locks around. “Dawn, I would have done anything else than take this assignment. I don’t want to go around picking strangers off the street like this.”

I didn’t want to believe him, so I pressed on, “Then why did you?” He shrugged and said, “I don’t have a choice. If the leaders of my team want me to do something, either I do it, or…” He trailed off at the end, and I waited for him to finish. He never did. I finally glared at him and said, “Yeah, right. People have free will; they can do whatever they choose to. Nobody has the right to tell them what they will and won’t do.” Foster glared back at me and said, “Forget it. You don’t understand, and you never will. You’re just a stupid kid.”

I became enraged at him. “YOU’RE NOT ANY OLDER THAN ME! Don’t you tell me I’M the stupid kid when YOU’RE then one running around kidnapping people because someone told you to!” Foster stood up abruptly and said, “I DON’T HAVE A CHOICE!!!” I nodded and said, “Yes you do.” Foster made a frustrated noise and said, “My team threatened to destroy my family and home! You really think I’d sacrifice those things to save some stupid brat I don’t even know!”

I threw my hands up and said, “You are such dirtbag! You’re a filthy pig who just needed the money, and when I confront you about kidnapping me, you make up some lie to make me believe you’re actually a good guy? You’ve got some nerve.” Foster stomped around the room for a minute, angrily combing his fingers through his hair. Finally, he turned and came back to me, and sat down beside me. When I moved to get up, he reached out and grabbed my arm. Then, he pulled out a cell phone from his pocket and dialed a number. When I looked at him, he just said, “Listen.”

An auto-toned voice answered the phone, “Foster. What are you doing? You’re supposed to be with the girl.” Foster answered that he was and then he said, “Let me speak to my sister.” The voice on the other end was silent, and then it said, “I’m afraid your sister is…busy.” At that point, I could hear someone in the background. It sounded like a woman crying. Foster then said, “No! Leave her alone!” The voice laughed before saying, “Get back to work, Foster.” Then there was a click, and the call was ended.

Foster sat there for a moment, then he cursed angrily and threw his phone across the room. I still couldn’t believe it, even though I heard it. I tried to say something, but I just couldn’t. “Foster…” The boy shook his head and said, “Don’t say anything about it. I don’t want to hear it.” I was quiet, and when I was about to try again, the door to the room opened, and that same man who drove the car came in and grabbed me. I struggled for a moment before I remembered what I was going to say. “Foster! Don’t go with it. I can help you, if you’ll help me! We can help your family!” Foster looked at me, but didn’t say anything.
We continued to look at each other as the man dragged me out of the room. When I turned to fight against him, he let me go and pulled a blindfold over my eyes, and lead me outside to what I assume was the car. Once inside, I heard my door slam, and someone get in the driver seat. The passenger door beside me opened and I assumed it was Foster.

I couldn’t look at him, but I did say, “Foster. Please don’t do this.” I got no answer.



© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
I know the story is getting intense. I can only hope you'll continue to read it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You make it so hard to dislike Foster.
I think they're going to end up being buddies though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


poor Foster...i like it, keep writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl