Finding Clues

Finding Clues

A Chapter by Caradactyl
"

Chapter 5!! :)

"
Lucas stood on the side of the highway and watched as the car drove away. He felt angry with himself for making Dawn go with him into Tokyo. It was his fault she ended up shot and kidnapped. Foster claimed he didn’t want to do it, but Lucas knew better. Foster was nothing but a lying dirty pig. That man that had brought the car to them, though… He almost looked familiar. Lucas wished he could have gotten a better look. Lucas looked down at his ankle, which was swollen and pounding, before he started to walk back to the station they ran so fast from. How could they have been the only ones at that stupid station when this happened?

The sky turned cloudy and dark, but there was no rain, only cold. Stepping into the vacant parking lot, Lucas had a sudden realization. He had his cell phone with him, and Dawn had hers! Lucas became excited at that little fact until he remembered; Dawn was being held hostage, they probably took everything from her. Lucas shook his head; his blonde curly locks shaking in the cold hair. As Lucas came back to the station, he looked at the empty bus, and a sort of hope overcame him. What if…?

Lucas picked up the pace, his ankle stinging with a sharp pain every time he took a step on it. He didn’t care, he could lose his foot if it meant saving Dawn. Running up to the bus, Lucas took a moment to step into the vehicle, and when he did, he looked around. There had to be something, anything that could help him find where they were going.

Lucas began searching every crack and crevice on the bus, his blonde bangs falling into his hazel eyes. There was an annoying ringing in his ears, and he heard himself running out of breath. He searched every seat, underneath the seats; everywhere someone could hide something on a bus. Finally, he came back to the front of the bus; he sighed and sat down, putting his face in his hands. If he had only known that someone was looking for Dawn…if only. But, he had to remind himself, if they had stayed in her garden, Foster could have found them there, and easily taken her sister, too. He felt the tears slip from his eyes and he cursed out of frustration.

Lucas got up and wiped his eyes, and as he was about to leave the bus and go look for help, he spied a small tin trashcan sitting right beside the driver’s seat. Neither of the teens had seen it when they hopped on the bus, probably because they were running. Lucas quickly crossed over to the small trashcan. He felt a rush of relief when he found that they had forgotten to take out the trash, however silly it sounds.

He grabbed it and turned it over, causing all the paper inside to come tumbling out. He sat down on the floor, and grabbed each slip of paper, looking through them separately and discovered that all of them were receipts from the local stores and restaurants around Tokyo, except one receipt. Foster had a receipt for three airline tickets to Russia…

Lucas felt his heart drop once again. Dawn was headed for Russia. How in the world was an 18 year old going to get an airline ticket to Russia, or the money for one, no less? Lucas sighed, and ran his fingers through his hair. He knew what he could do, but he needed Dawn’s grandfather, and May. Lucas pulled out his cell phone and quickly dialed May’s number. They were going on a mission to save Dawn.


© 2011 Caradactyl


Author's Note

Caradactyl
You know what I'll say. Rated Teen.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

He so loves her.
He is in. love.

love love love love.

he's in love love love love.

he doesn't know it, but iiii dooooo(:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on January 13, 2011


Author

Caradactyl
Caradactyl

Wichita, KS



About
Hey! I'm an average 17 year old and I am one of the many who love to write. Being a typical teenager, I listen to music, I hate doing homework and avoid it when I can, I Facebook, I work at a pizza pl.. more..

Writing
Lucas Lucas

A Chapter by Caradactyl