Into Fields of Wild Rice

Into Fields of Wild Rice

A Chapter by RANDOMNESS.com

Gunnhild's house stood on posts in a rice marsh on the edge of town. As Harla, and Siv landed their dragons on the shore, A green dragon with gills behind its mouth popped it's head up out of the Rice Reeds, and tooted a welcoming wistle. Harla dismounted, and stroked the tidal class dragon's head. "Morning greenrush. Is Gunnhild-"
"HARLA!" a shorter girl with light brown hair that contradicted the long blonde locks of Harla, and Siv, Pounced from the deck around the house, and landed on Harla's now sprawled form. "Morning. Morning. MORNING!" She chanted happily.
"Morning Gunnhild." Harla wheezed. The landing had knocked the air from her lungs, and Gunnhild sitting on her chest didn't help.
"Gunnhild, would you get off her?" Siv asked impatiently. "We need to go get Adis, and get to the great hall." Gunnhild shot up, and smushed Siv's face between her hands.
"Hurry, hurry, hurry. That's all you do Siv." Siv jerked the other girl's hands from her face.
"Would you leave my face alone?" She snapped. "Let's go."
"I can't yet."
"Why not?" Harla asked curiously as she got up.
"I have to give Greenrush a bath, but I was almost done when I saw you coming, and I decided to surprise you." So the other girls sat down on the shore as she waded back into the rice marsh to continue washing her dragon. Taking a bucket out of the reeds, she splashed water over the dragon's head, and began to scrub behind it's gills with a sponge. The playful rice dragon gurgled with delight, and leaned her head so her rider could scrub her some more. Then Greenrush's eyes suddenly became mischievous, and her tail whipped out of the reeds, and sent a small wave to splash Gunnhild. "HEY!" She squealed, and broke out in a fit of giggling. Siv was growing more impatient by the minute.
"Would. You. Hurry?" She huffed. Another gurgle escaped from greenrush as she pursed her scaly lips and breathed a bolt of rice growing energy at her. The bolt struck Siv in the lower face, and rice reeds immediately sprouted, leaving her looking like she had a bushy green beard. Gunnhild and Harla both broke out in laughter at the site. "THAT'S NOT FUNNY! You know I'll be shaving this off for a week until it stops growing back!" This statement, plus the fact that the reeds muffled her voice, only served to make them laugh harder. "I'll meet you guys at the great hall." Siv growled as she stomped over to her very concerned dragon, climbed into the saddle, and set off for home.
"There. All done." Gunnhild sang. Greenrush heaved herself out of the water, and shook herself off like a dog, and thoroughly soaked Harla in the process. "OOPS! Here, you can borrow some of my clothes Harla." Gunnhild squealed. So both girls mounted the steps and entered the house.


© 2014 RANDOMNESS.com


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on March 19, 2014
Last Updated on May 20, 2014


Author

RANDOMNESS.com
RANDOMNESS.com

williams



About
There's not much to tell... I LOVE RANDOMNESS!!! more..

Writing