Breakfast In The Great Hall

Breakfast In The Great Hall

A Chapter by RANDOMNESS.com

"WHERE IN THE NAME OF LOKI ARE THEY!?" Urso roared silently to himself. It had been nearly half an hour since they had split up. Urso had already taken Sigurd to the jail, flown to the great hall and back, and force fed him breakfast. Then he flew back to the great hall to look for Harla and the others, and stall Hiccup's announcement. He stomped over to the doors, wrenched one open, stuck his, head out, and finally bought sight of his friends flying over a group of houses.
"Are they here yet? I could be working out to make myself better looking than I already am, but I'm sitting here waiting for your friends to get here." Snotlout complained. Urso sighed, Slammed the door, clumped over to the vain viking, and roughly siezed him by the front of his tunic, and lifted the smaller man right off the floor. Then he drew his free arm back, ready for a punch.
"DO. NOT. MESS WITH ME SNOTLOUT!" The huge boy bellowed nearly as loud as a Thunderdrum. "I'll cream you. so do. NOT. AGITATE ME!" The hulking teen's face was as red as Hookfang's scales. He huffed out a sigh as he dropped Snotlout on the floor, and turned to greet his friends.
The group of girls entered the hall, grabbed plates of food, and sat down with the rest of the riders. "What took you so long? Hookfang and I could have been making ourselves more awesome than ever." Snotlout grunted. Urso slammed his mug down on the table and leapt to his feet as his stool fell backwards.
"THAT'S IT! I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE!" The gargantuan viking brought both fists down on the table, leaving it split in two. Grabbing his victim, he slammed snotlout against a large pillar. The heavy wooden doors suddenly slammed open, and a large shadow flew past them, and a viking landed on a nearby table. The figure was clad nearly head to toe in Black and red leather armor, and Brown chain mail. A dagger was strapped to the man's wrist, and a red night fury skull adorned the leather shoulder plate of his armor. He turned to the two clashing dragon riders, and pierced them with his vicious green eyes. This effect was amplified by the fact that the eyes were the only visible facial feature. The rest was hidden by a black and brown helmet. The razor gaze switched to Snotlout.
"Alright, what did you say this time snotlout?" The black clad viking asked in a slightly muffled, but sarcastic voice.
"I was just getting after his little girlfriends for being late." The self obsessed viking whined. The leader of the dragon riders just shook his head, and removed his helmet.
"You do realize that one of these days, you're going to say the wrong thing, and the rest of us won't be around to keep him or Sigurd from killing you? Think about what you say Snotlout." Snotlout just huffed as Urso put him down.
"Whatever, I don't listen to you." He started marching toward the still open door.
"Snotlout, I have an announcement for all of us." Hiccup called after him.
"And I'm pretty sure I just said I don't listen to you." Snotlout answered over his shoulder as he continued toward the doors. Just as he reached the opening, The shadow from Hiccup's entrance appeared in the form of Toothless the Nightfury. Snotlout let out a small scream as the dull black dragon landed in front of him and extended its retractable teeth. "Hookfang, Sic im!" Snotlout pointed at the smaller dragon. The Monstrous Nightmare merely turned to its rider, yawned, and took off for the other side of the village.
In a barrage of pale blue, Toothless herded Snotlout back over to the demolished table. "OKAY! WHAT'S SO IMPORTANT!?" The now out of breath viking yelled in frustration. Stepping down from the table, Hiccup seated himself on a bench.
"Now, you all know how I've been mapping the area around Berk. Well, I've found a new Island. Unfortunately there were also dragons roaring on it. Roars I don't recognize. So I think it would be best if we all went there together."
"Are you sure that's a good Idea?" The Pudgy viking named Fishlegs inquired timidly.
"There's safety in numbers." Hiccup answered. "Unless you want to stay, and have to defend Berk in case say, I don't know, a pack of changewings should show up. This comment instantly drew a shrill cry from the pudgy dragon trainer.
"You do make a good point Hiccup, we'll need some of us to stay and defend the village." Astrid stated tactfully. Hiccup seemed to dwell on this for a moment.
"Astrid, you're absolutely right. You, Ruff, Tuff, Harla, and Urso stay here to defend Berk. Between you, and Sigurd, once he calms down, you should be fine." Astrid looked like she'd been slapped in the face.
"Hiccup, I wasn't volunteering." She sputtered.
"So we're all agreed. The rest of us will go to the Island." 
"WAIT! Why can't Snotlout do it? Astrid pleaded.
"Because either Urso, or Sigurd would kill him before we got back. You know he has a tendency to get under their skin. So it's settled. The rest of you, we head out immediatly.


© 2014 RANDOMNESS.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
Added on March 27, 2014
Last Updated on June 13, 2014


Author

RANDOMNESS.com
RANDOMNESS.com

williams



About
There's not much to tell... I LOVE RANDOMNESS!!! more..

Writing