an order for a chest

an order for a chest

A Chapter by RANDOMNESS.com

As Urso worked on the knitted chain. He heard a familiar voice. It was Harla talking to Skyclash as the made their way over to his stall. Harla continued to the door as Skyclash went over, and started a game of bobbing heads with Deadreaper.
"Hello Urso." Harla greeted as she entered.
"You here for your gloves?" Urso inquired.
"Not originally, but if they're done I'll take them off of your hands." She called skyclash over. As the happy white Dragon bounded over, the blonde viking girl reached into a saddle bag, and withdrew a strange weapon she'd gotten from trader Johan. The blade had a 45 degree point, and a wide, curved blade. It's size suggested that the blacksmith wasn't sure whether to make a large meat cleaver, or a short sword. As she re-entered the stall, Harla presented the weapon. "Would this do?" She inquired.
"Perfect." The giant replied. As he put down his current work, and walked over to the drawer, Harla placed the weapon on a nearby work bench. When he turned back, Urso held a fine pair of elbow length mitts covered with soft, silky fur. She was surprised to find the cuffs made of tiger skin. She'd thought it was all gone. As she took the gloves, a rank stench assaulted her nostrils. She immediately recognized the smell of the whale bones in barrels of beetles out back. She found it strange that such a nasty job created such beautiful things.
As Harla left, Urso spotted the king, and his entourage headed straight for his stall. Following closely were four guards carrying a large chest. Urso set himself to work as king Seamus entered. "I'm sorry lad. I'm afraid I've forgotten your name."
"Footcrusher. Urso Footcrusher." Urso reminded him.
"Ah, yes. Urso Footcrusher. Well Mr. Footcrusher, I would like a set of garments for hunting. I understand that you may be busy, but I am ready to offer you this." He gestured to the chest as a guard opened it to reveal several bolts of silk, and wolf hides. Digging into the fine materials, the king pulled out a gold bar, two bars of silver, and several large gemstones. The largest was an emerald the size of a small plum.
Seamus could saw the giant's attention snap as soon as he saw the contents of the chest. The strange craft of wrapping wire around a stick was immediately tossed aside. As the massive viking began rummaging through drawers, Seamus bent, and studied the wire. It was being looped in columns of loops, and crisscrossed wire. A strange pattern. "Say. What are you doin with this wire."
"Makin' a chain." The huge young man answered over his shoulder. He then turned back with a charcoal pencil, a small notebook, and a measuring tape. "Arms out if you would your majesty." As Seamus complied, the mountain sized viking began taking measurements, and writing them in the note book. When he'd finished, the giant began asking questions. "Would you like a layer of chainmail?"
"If it's possible."Seamus answered.
"Any other materials in mind?"
"Leather."
"That's all I need to know." The grizzled viking answered. As he was writing notes, Seamus began to examine him. The lad had the beginnings of a full face beard, glaring green eyes, and a blocky face that almost looked like it was carved from stone. In body, he was almost like a titan of Greek myth. Seamus noticed a large, goat horned helmet, a round shield the size of a small table, and an axe that looked like it could split a man in two. Then on the table next to the helmet was a large cleaver like weapon most likely capable of beheading a man. Such an arsenal, combined with the monstrous strength of the young viking, would make a grand ally, instead of a deadly foe. As the hulking young man finished, he turned to the Irish king. "I'll have them finished in four to six weeks." At first Seamus was miffed. Then realized that it was reasonable.
"Very well, here." Seamus agreed as he pulled a rolled parchment from a guard's belt. "this a map to Dublin. You can't miss the castle."
"Done." The giant roughly shook the smaller man's hand.


© 2015 RANDOMNESS.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on March 16, 2015
Last Updated on March 30, 2015


Author

RANDOMNESS.com
RANDOMNESS.com

williams



About
There's not much to tell... I LOVE RANDOMNESS!!! more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5