the wedding

the wedding

A Chapter by RANDOMNESS.com
"

For the dancing and the dreaming belongs to DreamWorks How To Train Your Dragon 2.

"
The two weeks passed quickly. Urso polished his helmet once again on the day of the wedding. Then he bathed, scrubbed his clothes, and dressed again.He then combed his shaggy brown hair, and placed the helmet carefully over it. He then polished the metal plate on his arm until it shone as brightly as his helmet. He then went over to a small mirror on the wall, and began to dab green paint on his face wity a brush. Since Hiccup had no brother, he had asked Urso to bear the Haddock sword, and the finger ring. He finished with the shade of green and started making lines in black untill he had a pair of dragon wings over his eyes. Then he painted the symbol of Freya in the middle of his forehead to appease the goddess.
As he entered the great hall, he stopped to admire the decorations. Streamers of ribbon, pine branches, and flowers were everywhere. Near the back of the seating was a painter ready to make a portrait of the ceremony. This portrait would most likely be hung in the hall of chieftains. Though he wasn't chief, Hiccup was Stoick's heir. Urso took his place at Hiccup's side standing at the head of the great hall. None of the young men had seen the girls fo two weeks. It was tradition to isolate the bride with women her age, and older married women. The latter of which included her mother. Urso could sense Hiccup getting nervous, and leaned down to his friend. "Relax, you're getting married. Not dying." Urso had been right. The clothes fit hiccup perfectly.The striped cloak hung down to his knees, and the shoulderplates shone like suns as they reflected the firelight.
     Soon, villagers began flocking in bearing gifts, and excited murmuring. after everyone had been seated, Stoick stepped up. "Bring in the bride!" He roared excitedly. Astrid entered with several of the girls following. Her father followed with the Hofferson clan sword. Sporting swirling clouds over his eyes, and the sign of Freya. Stoick nodded approvingly as she and Hiccup faced each other. "Today, we celebrate a ponderous occasion. The marriage of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, to Astrid Hofferson." He began. Then he gave a long happy speech about the histories of each clan. After he finished, he began the ceremony. "Swordbearers to your places. Urso and Mr. Hofferson both stepped up beside the couple. Urso evenhanded the sword to Hiccup, who turned again to face his bride.
"To you Astrid, I give the ancient sword of the Haddock clan as a symbol of the clan bloodline. To be given to our first child, so they can continue the lifeline of the clan." He vowed ceremoniously. He then handed the sword to Astrid, who took it, and handed it to her mother. She in turn took the Hofferson sword.
"To you Hiccup, I give the ancient sword of the Hofferson clan as a symbol of my father's protection, and responsibility toward me passing to you as my husband. To be kept for as long as we shall live." She stated as her vow.
"And now for the rings." Stoick continued. Urso reached into his pocket, and pulled out the ring for Hiccup to give Astrid, who now held the Haddock sword once again. Urso had made the gold jewelry to be a Dragon to coil around her finger, and bite it's own tail. Mr. Hofferson pulled out a ring just like it. Urso had taken the whole two weeks to make them. Rings were always the hardest. They were small, and he had big hands. He finished them on time though, and a good thing too. He smiled as the couple exchanged rings. " As chief of Berk, in the name of the Hairy Hooligan Tribe, and in the name of Freya, I now name you husband and wife. Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III , and Astrid Haddock." The hall shook with applause, and cheering from the crowd. Several men even hoisted their little children on their shoulders. "Now for the feast!" Stoick roared before making his way to his usual table. More tables were adjusted to make room for dancers as musicians began to play. After the first song Stoick announced that it was time for Hiccup and Astrid's first dance as husband and wife. He then went over to the musicians, and whispered in their ears. Then he went over, and whispered in Harla's ear. She nodded, and made her way over to the musicians. The band struck up a slow, familiar tune. Urso knew it had been Stoick and his wife's song, and now it was being used At his son's wedding. Then Harla began to sing as the couple began to dance.

I'll swim and sail on savage seas with ne'er a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life if you will marry me. No scorching sun, nor freezing cold, will stop me on my journey, if you will promise me your heart, and love me for all eternity.
My dearest one my, darling dear, your might words astound me, but I've no need of mighty deeds when I feel your arms around me. (The music gets faster. As do the singing and dancing.)
But I will bring you rings of gold, and even sing you poetry, and I will keep you safe from harm if you would stay beside me.
I have no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry. I only want your hand to hold. I only want you near me.
To love and kiss, to sweetly hold, for the dancing and the dreaming. Through all my sorrows, and all my nights, I'll keep your love inside of me.
I'll swim and sail on savage seas, with ne'er a fear of drowning, and gladly ride the waves of life, if you will marry me.

More music, dancing, and food ensued nearly all night. After which, everyone left for their cottages. Including the newlyweds, who headed for the new cottage that had been built for them at the top of the hill near Stoick's.


© 2014 RANDOMNESS.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on November 25, 2014
Last Updated on November 26, 2014


Author

RANDOMNESS.com
RANDOMNESS.com

williams



About
There's not much to tell... I LOVE RANDOMNESS!!! more..

Writing