The royal court

The royal court

A Chapter by RANDOMNESS.com

   As soon as Seamus entered their bed chambers, the queen looked up from her sowing. "What's that Seamus?" She inquired curiously.
"My new hunting garments."
"Oh, that large lad finished them?"
"Yes. he's out there now." Seamus answered as he stepped behind the changing screen. He untied the bundle to reveal a suit of leather garments with a collar trimmed in wolf's fur. Many intricate designs were carved, and burned into the leather. The foremost one being the royal family crest in the center of the chest. The garments were thick and heavy. The hulking lad not only put the layer of chain mail, it felt like he'd put a layer of wool for warmth, and finished with silk on the inside for comfort. Putting the garments on one at a time, Seamus was pleased to find that everything fit perfectly, the outfit was comfortable, and he could move just fine in it. He stepped out to show his very impressed wife.
"That lad is very good at his craft." She praised.
"Yes he is, and I know the perfect way to thank him."
   Urso had never felt so uncomfortable. nobles were practically pushing and shoving to come ask him questions. Lord Mayhew bellied his way through the crowd. " nine feet, and eleven and half inches. Yer pa a big man too?" He asked Bluntly. Urso shook his head at the fatter, but smaller man.
"My dad's no taller than you." He replied. Mayhew's eyebrows would have reached his hairline if he'd had one. As well being fat, he was unfortunately bald as an egg. An older lady in a ruffled purple dress approached the hulking young Viking. She had a young boy who was about twelve. Excuse me, but my grandson was wondering if he could feel yer muscles. The boy was staring at Urso in awe. This made Urso smirk.
"Sure. He went down on one knee, and flexed his right arm so the young boy could try to dig his tiny, pale fingers into the flesh. " Go ahead kid. you may not get to be a giant like me, but you can have big muscles if you eat your meat, fish, and vegetables." the skinny boy grinned at Urso, and ran off to a group of boys his age.
   The room went silent when the king reentered in the new garments. Murmurs of praise rippled through the crowd as they caught sight of the handcrafted garments. The king waved Urso forward. Urso was thankful for the distraction. As he approached, the king cracked a large grin. " A perfect fit, and gloriously comfortable. I'll test them out in a boar hunt tomorrow. Urso, as a thank ye, I want ye ta join me." Urso was shocked. He wasn't surprised that the garments fit, but he wasn't expecting a hunt. he figured the trade was enough.
" Thank you your majesty. I'll be there."
"Good. Good. Folks, if ye want any new jewelry, or garments, ye best do yer business with Urso now. He'll be busy tomorrow, and he'll be headed back for Berk soon." Several people began to move toward Urso, but hesitated when lord Mayhew stepped forward.
"Mr. Footcrusher, I've heard many stories of Viking whalebone carving. if you can carve an entire whalebone with your intricate designs, and my family crest, I will personally deliver three steers, and a chest of gold to Berk." The rotund lord decreed. Urso had heard of steers, like yaks, but different, and used for meat. no other use. He was interested in the steers. almost as much as the gold. Bracing his shoulders, Urso addressed Mayhew.
"Lord Mayhew, you've got yourself a deal." Murmurs rippled through the crowd. people were so shock, they almost forgot their own desire for Urso's goods. Several others came forward to place orders as Urso wrote them down in his notebook.
A ring for a lady with an unforgettable mole on the corner of her mouth, a pair of boots for some young lord who Urso thought looked a bit womanly, and a fox fur scarf for a prestigious old biddy that wore the largest, and most flamboyant hat Urso had seen in his life. All these amongst many others.


© 2015 RANDOMNESS.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on November 14, 2015
Last Updated on December 21, 2015


Author

RANDOMNESS.com
RANDOMNESS.com

williams



About
There's not much to tell... I LOVE RANDOMNESS!!! more..

Writing