invasion of the outcasts

invasion of the outcasts

A Chapter by RANDOMNESS.com

Harla woke with a jolt as she heard the sound of screaming villagers from outside. "Let's go skyclash!" She cried out as she leapt into the saddle. The dragon's scales shone like a luminous ghost as the left the cottage. The moon playing off of each one. As she took to the air, the blonde rider saw outcasts running through the village waving weapons. To her right, she noticed a small mob of them. She was about to attack when she noticed that they weren't armed, and were running away scared. She then saw a battleaxe closely miss one of them. This was the moment that she saw that they were followed by an enraged Urso. She watched as her friend ripped his oversized axe out of the ground, and ran after the evil Vikings. He then snatched up a nearby timber, and threw it after them. The large log struck right in the middle of the bunch, and sent most of them flying through the air howling in pain. As she switched her gaze back to her friend, she noticed Alvin's right hand man Savage about to pounce from above with his wicked bone club. "Urso watch above you!" She warned as she turned to skyclash, and flew away. She looked back to see Savage sailing over a rooftop wailing in despair. A giant shadow snatched him out of the air, and tossed him into the harbor. Instantly recognizable, the massive reptile swooped down, came back up with his rider, and started blasting at the outcast ships. Blowing them apart with well placed balls of green fire that caused gargantuan green explosions. Even when they only hit water. "Good old Deadreaper, always able to turn the tide. She began foreign her own dragon's purple plasma blasts at the feeling outcasts. Most of which were jumping into the water, and swimming for outcast island. As she did, she saw the twins jump from the back of their shared Dragon Barf/Belch as the Dragon began coating itself in gas. Then the two headed Dragon sparked, curled up in a ball, and rolled along the ground. Turning itself into a fiery wheel of destruction as it chased the last of the invaders. Soon they had all left. Either swimming, or sailing on what was left of their ships after Deadreaper's pin point shooting. "Well they won't be back anytime soon she stated to no one in particular."
"Thanks for the heads up." A voice startled her so bad that she almost fell out of her saddle. She turned to see Urso on Deadreaper's back. "Did I scare you?" He teased. Harla felt her face heat up. She could never figure out how Urso and his Dragon could be so big, and so quiet.
"Let's just get back to bed." She answered, and flew off.
Urso just shook his head. After the adrenaline rush of battle, he'd never get to sleep. So he headed to the stall as Deadreaper touched down. He pulled out the shoulder plates, and continued to add the inlays to their slots. Once this was finished, he began to guild the decorative edges in gold. Carefully adding layers of gold bit by bit. Then he touched up the background decorations as well. Leaving the guilding to cool, he busied himself with working on the wristbands for hiccup's wedding outfit. All that was needed was the wristbands and the headband. Hiccup had requested the outfit, but the cloak was a surprise gift from Urso. The headband would be made tomorrow afternoon, but he had to add the tiger skin to Astrid's outfit. Unlike most bridal outfits, the skirt only came to the knees. Astrid hated long skirts.
Pulling the pieces of skin out of a drawer, Urso set several aside. He wanted to make a pillow for himself, and he could tell by her face that Harla wouldn't mind something too. He then took the biggest remaining piece, and trimmed out a collar, and sewed it on the blue wool blouse. He then added tiger skin to several other parts of the outfit. He then pulled out the headband that went with it. It was made of Italian leather, and one side had four reddish orange feathers from Africa that cost him several chickens, and a side of boar. Pulling out a fifth feather, he proceeded to add it to the band. As he did, his eyes grew heavy. The adrenaline was finally wearing off. So he stowed the items, and headed for his bed once again.
It was said that Urso's bed had more style than anyone's in Berk. He was the only one in the village with bedding made entirely out of silk wool and furs. Including several pillows. Placing his helmet on a small table, and kicking off his boots, Urso settled into his extravagant bedding. He then closed his eyes, and became dead to the world.


© 2014 RANDOMNESS.com


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on November 23, 2014
Last Updated on November 25, 2014


Author

RANDOMNESS.com
RANDOMNESS.com

williams



About
There's not much to tell... I LOVE RANDOMNESS!!! more..

Writing