Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Heartful5160

We all got problems right? Well, yeah of course. You’re not human if you don’t, just saying. Well, my name is Renee`. I’m moving to Arkansas. I’m living in California for the time. Yeah, Cali, nice place, right? I can’t really lie about this, but I’m pretty scared of moving to Arkansas. I heard that Arkansas is just a small little state that has a bunch of hillbillies and rednecks living in shacks. Who would want to live there? I mean really!


     I’m heading into the most adored school ever! Well, I guess I’m the only one that can vouch for that. See, I’m not moving to Arkansas, until the middle of the school year, which makes it even harder and difficult for me to adjust to the new atmosphere. Gosh! Why does life have to be so hard and complicating? My teachers here are like the best teachers ever! You’ll never find teachers like that in Arkansas, I’m sure.


    My friends here are great too. We’re all pretty and rich. People call us stuck up brats. I can’t really say why. Wait, hold on. I know why. Because they just hate on us and everything that we have. Me and my group of friends are known as the popular girls in school. You know the ones that date the head football captain, the ones that carry the Coach bag on their arms, and put makeup on in the bathroom between every class, so when we do enter the class we know we look good? Yep, that’s us. Sorry, to bust your little bubble if you don’t like those kind of girls. I can’t really say much, because that’s just who we are. There’s no way of changing us.


   “So, we’re going to get our nails done this afternoon?” my friend Siarrah asked.

“Yeah,” me and my friend answered. We were standing in the middle of the hallway, chatting about our upcoming afternoon. We did pretty much everything together. It’s something we couldn’t help, but I’m sure we could do things separately, but I believe that would be a struggle. Getting in trouble was something that we were talented at doing together. We had so much fun together and it didn’t matter what we did. All that mattered was that we were having fun and that we’re together. That’s all, nothing else. “Move out of the hallways! No congregating! You know better, and you will get written up for it!” Mr. Bryer, our assistant principal yelled. Everybody started to scurry on to class, but as for us, we stayed right where were. I wouldn’t say that we push the limits or the administrators buttons, but we just believe that we have the right to do whatever we like.


     I guess we thought that moving slowly to class would get Mr. Bryer off and out of our business, but I was wrong. We were on our way to our first class of the day and we couldn’t believe it at first, that we had the first class together! As we were moving, Mr. Bryer had to say something to make me mad. I don’t know if it’s my head that messes with me, but I think that I have anger issues for sure. I mean that’s probably the reason why I get in trouble so much, just saying. “Ladies, you need to walk a little faster if you don’t want to be late.” I stopped right where I was, I turned around and with a surprised look on my face. I noticed that my followers were still with me, “ Mr. Bryer, I know you’re the assistant principal here and stuff and you have to take care of the student body here, because that’s like your job. So, let me make your job just a little bit easier for you. See my girls here? See me? Well, we can take care of ourselves, so that means that you don’t have to worry about us. And don’t worry, you’ll still get paid,” I said in a smart aleck tone.

He walked closer to me, “ Oh’ Ms. Taylor, are you going to start off the year like this?” he asked. “Well, really, it doesn’t matter to me anyways, whether it does or doesn’t.”

“ Well, then come with me. Who’s your first period?” he asked, starting to walk with me and my crew. “Mrs.Kedling,” I answered, rolling my eyes.


     We were showed up to Mrs. Kedling’s room. I started to walk in, until he stopped me, “ Oh’ no, you’re coming with me. The way you talked to me was totally unacceptable. You’re coming with me to the office.” I just rolled my eyes in every direction I could, thinking I heard all of this before. This was nothing new to me. Just reruns. He walked into Mrs. Kedling’s room and walked over to her desk. She looked up surprised. I couldn’t really tell you what they were saying, because I prohibited to going in and to add to it, he shut the door in my face. Mrs.Kedling handed him some papers, assuming that was my work. I know on the first day already. It looked as though he thanked her and he headed his way back to the outside of the classroom.


     


        “Tell me why I have to be in here? This is stupid. I talk like this to you all the time, like the last two years. Yeah two years ago you didn’t mind,” I reminded him, “ But now you want you want to make me go to the office with you? It just doesn’t make sense!” I sounded aggravated. He made me sit an available seat in the office. Let me tell you this, all the secretaries and administrators that run in and out of here know me pretty well. Let me inform you a little bit. I’m in the eleventh grade and I’ve been getting myself into trouble ever since the ninth grade. Sad, huh? I know. They give me a nod and get back to what they were doing. I see people heading in and out of the office. It’s even some of the people that I know of and of course they know of me and the reasoning why I’m placed in here. They shake their heads at me, thinking, when am I ever going to figure out that getting in trouble gets me nowhere? I’m not really offended by it. I mean they know what I’m about. All I can really do about it, is laugh. But the bad thing is that I get trouble for laughing, because I’m not being quiet. These old ladies that pretty much live in this office want their quiet as you can see. It’s ridiculous.


      “Come on Renee`!” Mr. Bryer hollers at me, while he’s coming my way to escort me to his office. I get up and throw my bag over my shoulder, “I still don’t get it,” I said. Without a doubt, I’m sure his face is filled with annoyance for my ignorance. We walked into his office. I’ve seen this place over and over again. Nothing new. Same family pictures on the desk. I’m sitting there thinking, how a family like them could put up with such a hard head, like Mr. Bryer. Then I notice that the same lounge chair is in the same corner. I’m sure a lot of angry parents have spent some time on that chair. I’m surprised mine hasn’t had a turn in that chair, yet. Everything is still the same. Nothing has changed.


     He walked behind his desk and pulled out a pink slip, “You’re kidding me right? You’re going to sit here and waste a pretty pink piece of paper on me? You think I’m worth it? I mean really? Just because I disrespected you?” I questioned.

“ Yes. You were disrespecting a teacher and here at Tall Letter High, you need to respect everybody and everything,” he answered.

“ I know that already. And does it really look like I really care?” I asked again.

“I guess not, because not to long ago you were in here. And it was for the same reason,” he replied, while writing something on the slip. “ Well, you’ll have to days of in school suspension,” he added.


    When I got home that day from school my mom and dad were sitting on the couch. They were talking about something. Probably businesswise, once again. I didn’t really care. I believe that you have caught on that I’m a daughter that’s pretty hopeless, a screw up and careless. “Hey mom and dad,” I greeted them.

“ Hello. We were just talking about how your assistant principal, Mr. Bryer calling us during our work day about you,” my mom said angrily.

“Oh’ yeah. Not that much happened anyways. Nothing you have to get all worked up about, so calm down,” I said, heading past them towards the kitchen. I heard them get up from the couch, so that they could follow me and harass me with the situation, “Did you just say it was nothing to get uptight about? I believe you’re wrong,” my said. I reached into the fridge and retrieved some Kool-Aid. Then I walked over to the cabinets and pulled out a plastic cup. I poured some of my favorite Kool-Aid in the cup. I started throwing it back into my throat and I walked right past them, like they weren’t even there.

“Excuse me young lady?” my mom was yelling after me. You know what I did? I just kept on walking.


    When I got in my room I was in the process of getting myself ready for the date me and the crew had planned. Getting in trouble wasn’t an obstacle for me. It didn’t and won’t stop me from having fun. All of a sudden, my phone rang. I picked it up, “ Hello?” I answered.

“Hey. You ready? We’re outside waiting, you know?” my friend Siarrah replied. I took a glance out my window, that overlooked my front yard and the street. I hung up the phone and threw my purse over my shoulder and exited out my bedroom door.

“Where are you going young lady?” my mom said, while trying to stop me from getting to the door.

“I’m going to get my nails done with Siarrah and Jammy. Getting in trouble isn’t going to stop me. You out of all people should know that by now,” I said. After that, I headed out the door.




© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

seems a little unrealistic

Posted 8 Years Ago


Heartful5160

8 Years Ago

It's all from imagination I guess you could say. Thank you for reading it and thank you for the revi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
1 Review
Added on June 16, 2015
Last Updated on July 6, 2015


Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing