Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Heartful5160

Well, we ended up walking out of there with about five bags of toys. You know, I noticed that I'm way different person when I'm around Darrius. He makes me feel like I'm a different girl, but in a good way. He makes me feel good about myself.

     While, I was getting all the toys out of the bag to place them in a basket, I was thinking hopefully our new house would have an extra room for the baby. Then I got to thinking about Darrius. What's going to happen with him when we move? Is he coming or staying? Will he forget all the feelings we have for each other and that we actually built us a nice family? What will he do? Has he even thought about it?

     Darrius walked into the room, just as I finished taking the last toy out of the bag and placed it the pile of toys. I flashed him a loving smile. Then I walked back over to my bed and plopped down on the floppy mattress and I gave a huge sigh. "What's wrong?" Darrius asked.

"You know what it all comes down to?"

"No," he said sounded confused. "That I really don't know how to be a mom and I really don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"You'll be okay. I'm right here. I don't know what I need to do. We both need help on this young parenting," he said.

"Are you going?" I asked.

"Going?"

"Yeah, are you going to Arkansas with me?"

"Yeah. I'm a father and I love you. I have some deep feelings for you. Some men leave their baby momma's for some other chick and forget the responsibility they have back in their reality life. I'm not one of those and I won't ever be."

"Really?" I could feel tears form in my eyes. I felt like things were finally coming together for once. I didn't have to worry if Darrius would leave me or worry about him liking some other girl. I'm worry free!

      

        The day actually flew by with flying colors. But the sad thing was that I had to go back to school tomorrow. But Darrius said that he was going to take me, so I guess that's okay. I'll get to spend some time with him, before I had to endure the painful school day.

I packed more, until there were certain items left, like my dresser and my bed and the clothes that I needed to wear. You know those kinds of things that you don't need to pack, until you're down to the last minute. After, about an hour I got ready for bed to start another crazy day.


       The next morning, I awoke to see Darrius above me. Looking down on me. That's a face I would love to wake up to see every waking morning. He put a smile on my face. "Good morning, you." he said. "Hey," I didn't want to say much, because I knew I had some morning breathe and that may not be that pleasant.

"I came early, you don't mind." he replied.

"No, not at all. But how'd you get in?" I wondered, but confused at the same time.

"Oh' I guess your parents left the garage open when they left."

"That's the first, but oh' well," he helped me to the bathroom.

"Thanks!" I yelled as he shut the door behind him, so I could have some privacy.

       Once, I got out he was no where to be found in my room. So, while he was somewhere else in the house, that gave me time to get ready for school. While, I was getting ready, a certain smell hit me. It smelt really good. Appetizing, for sure! Don't tell me he's a good cooker too, I thought. After, I got done getting ready, I headed down to the kitchen. Followed the smell, is what did! He spotted me standing there, watching him.

"You cook too?" I asked, sounding impressed.

"Well, let's just say on certain things I can."

"Oh', may be you should get to know what I like."

" May be I should," he said, while putting a fork in my mouth that had some eggs placed upon it. It, without a doubt, put a nice smile on my face.

"Wow!" Those weren't those regular breakfast eggs you eat just every morning, my friends! Man, my guy can cook too!

"You like?" he asked.

"Do I like? I love, baby. Hey, I'll be right back. I gotta go and get my stuff real quick," I said.

"Okay, take your time."

       After, I got back in the kitchen, I saw a plate all ready for me. It looked professionally done and prepared. He came up behind me and pulled the chair out for me and told me to take a seat. I gobbled everything down in a hurry. I didn't mean to look like a pig, but it's just that I had to hurry along with my day. "I've got to get going!" I said, as I looked at my phone that was sitting next to my plate. I had thirty minutes to get to school. 

"You want me to drive you?" he asked. I remember he was supposed to be taking me this morning. "Of course." We got in the car, leaving the kitchen a disaster.

 "So, what are your plans for today?" I asked, while enjoying the view out of my window. 

"Going to work."

 " What do you do, babe?" I wondered. 

"I teach men how to cut hair." 

" Oh', neat. How do you like that?"

 "I don't mind it at all, so I guess you could say I like it," he replied. He pulled up to the front entrance of Tall Letter High. He reached over for a gentle kiss. I got out of the car, "I'll call you!" he yelled out of the passenger side window. 

"I'll be waiting, babe," I responded with love in my voice.

     I showed up in the Tall Letter High hallways. I'm back, I thought, sadly. I walked through the halls and I don't know if it was just me, but I felt like people were staring at me. Did I have something on my face? As I was walking, I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I looked to my right, to see Siarrah walking up beside me. "Long time no see, it seems," I said, with a smile.

"Foreal. Glad to be back?" she questioned.

"You know that question already has a simple answer," I said while I was starting to make my way to my first period class. It felt pretty good to be back, though I guess. That felt good to tell the truth.But this was my last week here and down at the bottom of my cold heart, I was going to miss this place more than anything. Better live out the pain here and give and receive all the goodbyes I can.

      I strolled into Mrs. Kedling's class and saw her sitting at her desk grading papers. I know, first week and she's like the only teacher putting grades in already. It seemed as though it was just me and Siarrah present at the time. As soon as Siarrah left to use the bathroom, I went up to Mrs. Kedlings desk. She looked over her reading glasses, that were hanging off the tip of her wrinkled nose, "What can I do for you?" she asked, in an irritated tone.

 "Um, I was just wanting to tell you this is my last week. I'm moving to Arkansas and I'm also having a baby," she looked up really shocked about the last few words that flew out of my mouth. 

"Wow, really? I mean about the baby? I knew you were moving, but having a baby? Don't you think it's just a bit too early?" she stammered.

 "Yeah I know. But the guy is really responsible, very nice. He's going to be a very good father, I do believe. I can already tell," I said, sounding very sure.

 "But just be careful, alright? You need to watch your attitude, grades, and your school life. Just watch it. You're going to be a mother sooner than you thought. Do you know when you're going to be due?" she asked.

 "April 24th," I replied. 

"Well, if you need anything just let me know," she reached for a pen and wrote her number on a piece of paper and handed it to me, " Here's my number. Even when you go on up to Arkansas just give me a call. I'll even come down to see you and that baby of yours and check on you."

 " You would do that?" I asked, pretty confused.

 "I thought the teachers here hated me. I mean the way I acted and treated them in their own classes, I mean I would've thought ya'll really disliked me, in other words, hated me."

 "Some may, but not me. I know where you're coming from. I know why you act like that."

 " Can you be my baby's godmother?" I blurted out of nowhere. She was someone that was really honest with me. She knew why I was acting the way I do around school and everyone else. She saw right through me. She got up from around her desk and reached in for a warm and loving hug. I felt safe and I honestly felt loved.

     I started to walk back to the back of the classroom to my desk and sat my belongings down on the desk. I was watching the long hand on the clock tick and tick and I watched it finally reached the five. Then. I heard the bell ring. That's when I see plenty of the student body walk in loud and talking about how they rather be in bed, and not here. Only about half of them greeted Mrs. Kedling and she was greeting them back as they walked in. That's something Mrs. Kedling was good at, greeting.

     The first period flew by like a breeze in the wind. I usually fall asleep in that class, but not today. I don't know, it seemed like what happened with me and Mrs. Kedling wouldn't quite repeating in my head. I don't know, it just felt good to know that at least one teacher in this school really does like me and actually understands me. Before I went into fourth period right before lunch, Darrius had called me and said he would like to take me out to lunch. I told him I would like to stay here and just visit with my friends and take all the time I need for them, before I leave and head onto good ole Arkansas, "But why? You have a couple more days to spend with them. Stop trippin'."

 "But Darrius I have plenty more time to spend with you. You're coming with me for cyn' out loud! You can take me out tonight. Why are you freaking out?" I cried into the phone. 

"I'm not!"

 "Then stop screaming and stuff."

 " Whatever!" After that he hung up the receiver. What was wrong with him? He was scaring me. Why was he treating me like this? I feel like this isn't him. I think he may be getting stressed out about this baby daddy stuff. I hope not.

      When I got into the lunch room, I spotted Darrius sitting in a seat next to Siarrah talking to each other, like they knew one another, before I even came along in his life. He saw me walking his way and he stood up and offered me the seat. I noticed that he had a visitors pass on his chest, so I guess they let him in. But that's kind of weird, because I just got off the phone with him. He must've been here, waiting on me. Okay then. I sat down, while passing him a strange glare, " What are you doing here?" "Well, since you didn't want to come with me to lunch, I decided hey, why not come to you instead," he explained. 

"Okay then," sounding uncertain and really not knowing what to say about it all, " I'll guess it'll work that way too," I said under my breathe.

      He sat next to me in an vacant seat that was empty and we started to hold a conversation between us two about school and life, as always. Our lunch was only thirty minutes long, so it didn't last very long. He walked me to my next class and left. "Who was that?" Jammy asked.

 "My baby's daddy," I informed her.

 "That's him?" 

"Yeah."

 "Well, I can't say I'm disappointed. He's good looking, girl. You're very lucky."

 "I'm starting to have second thoughts about that statements, hon," I said. 

"Why?"

 "Well, he was getting mad over the phone today, before lunch, but look the weird thing was that I saw him talking with Siarrah when I walked into the cafeteria." 

" And?"

 "That's not weird to you, that while I was talking to on the phone with him, he must've been close?" "Yeah sure," I don't think that she was getting the point here. 

"But I think that he's starting to get very controlling. I don't know why, though. I think he's getting stressed as the days go by about the baby and everything." 

" But it's nowhere close to having the baby actually here."

 "I know, may be it's just the thought of it all. I don't know," I said, shaking my head, " I'm going to ask him tonight, may be that would help." 

" Yeah, you should."

      We started up our conversation again in the hallway after class, "So, what could he be stressing about, exactly?" Jammy asked. 

"The baby, us moving. Something somewhere in that range, I think." 

"Wait, he's moving with you and your family?"

 " Yeah, I mean why not? He said it would be better for him and the baby."

 "That's good. At least he's thinking about the baby and you. Most men just leave and pay child support and honey, that's about the only time you'll see them. The only time that they do think about you and the baby, is when the pay is due," she explained.

 "Yeah I know. I was surprised too."



© 2015 Heartful5160


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on July 6, 2015
Last Updated on July 6, 2015


Author

Heartful5160
Heartful5160

Sherwood , AR



About
I'm a sixteen year old hard working writer and I enjoy writing every second. I love to give my opinion on things. I've written about three novels and trying to get them published. Please, if you have .. more..

Writing