The Calm Before the Storm

The Calm Before the Storm

A Chapter by Howling_Wolf

As I was returning back to my apartment with a handful of groceries. I decided to start a conversation with my  companion. So the walk back home would seem shorter.

(Antagonist) This was a great haul. With this I can make some really good authentic Italian food, and it was within our budget to boot.

(Companion) I will never understand why you feel the need to shop for real food, Master. You are a vampire the only thing you need is blood, and not real food.

(Antagonist) John Paul, we have had this conversation how many times? Also you don't have to call me Master; my name is perfectly fine to use just don't wear it out.

(John Paul) Sorry Master, I mean Dillon. And yes, we have had this conversation far to many times to count. However, it wouldn't hurt to act like one; especially since your trying to lay low. We have arrived.

(Dillon) Finally! I  told you time would move faster if we started talking.Now I can start cooking.

I was welcomed back by my other servants. Well servants mean that they are human. Vampire's don't have real magical powers like turning in bats, flight, or hypnosis ,but what power, we do have is the power to control and manipulate blood. Blood is the elixir of life, and that's what John Paul and the other servants are, blood with consciousness. When vampire's drain all the blood from their victims, the memories of the victims becomes apart of the vampire. We then can recreate them by using their memory's as a template. Most vampire use them as decorations and trophy's. However some give them consciousness and make them into sounding boards or advisers. My  four servants all have their original memories , and the closest thing to free will that they can have. Their is John Paul, he was my first victim as a vampire. Their is Peter, my twenty seven victim. Their is George, my forty second victim, and Louie my ninety third victim. Each one helps me in many ways from driving  me to a new location to gathering blood.

It has been several hours since I had returned home from shopping. It is right now after 9 o'clock at night. I just had taken a shower ,and almost completed creating the pasta dish. When all of the sudden the lights went out.

(Dillon) Is it a blackout?
(George) It doesn't appear to be one. The rest of the neighborhood has lights.
(John Paul) It maybe possible that they found us.
(Dillon) Great and I was just about to relax and enjoy my meal. Alright everyone get ready for a fight.
(John Paul, George, Peter, and Louie) Yes sir.



© 2017 Howling_Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great work! I like how he is so calm. That tells his age he mostly had be in a lot of fights over is life. If I was a vamp it that sort of thing. I be like oh joy! What fun! Let's fight boys! I be like the vamp that age made a little mad but the good kind. What kind of vamp would you be? Your truely a mad lord

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

484 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 25, 2016
Last Updated on June 18, 2017


Author

Howling_Wolf
Howling_Wolf

VA



About
My name is Dylan, and I'm trying to be writer. I like to write about anything that my mind makes up, mostly Fantasy based stories. I hope to grow as a writer here, and possible make friends as well. .. more..

Writing