Interrogation in the Nurse's Office

Interrogation in the Nurse's Office

A Chapter by Howling_Wolf

I thought everything was going according to my plan by entering this school. However, I would have never guess that someone could tell I was a vampire, and say it with such conviction. Who is this School Nurse, really?

(Dillon) Who are you really, Ms. School Nurse?

(School Nurse) I believe I was the first one to ask a question here? Who are you, vampire?

(Dillon) (deep sign was uttered)  I really don't feel like playing this game of Cat and Mouse; because we both would butt heads until its the end of the day. I propose that we both extend a olive branch, and one person ask a question, the other answers honestly, and then I ask you a question until we both are satisfied. I will even answer your question first. Agreed?

(School Nurse) Very well.

(Dillon) The name on my paperwork is my real name, Dillon Jones; however I have had to use a alias in the past in order to protect myself.  Now, so what shall I call you besides Ms. School Nurse?

(Ms. School Nurse) Virginia, Virginia Dare, but you must address me as Ms. Dare. How old are you?

(Dillon) Virginia, what a lovely name. I may not look it, but I'm over 400 years old. Now how did you know I was a vampire?

(Ms. Dare) If your over 400 years old; then you must be Centuarion? I could tell you were a vampire because.... because you reminded me of my brother. Can vampires actual eat normal food?

(Dillon) That's two question, Ms. Dare. However, I will answer both of them. You are correct; I am a Centuarion. Now for your other question, We can eat normal food, but most vampires don't even bother with it. We get our nutrition from blood not from food. I personally love food and cooking my own food. Since you asked two question; I can ask two question. Where is your brother now, and what is his classification?

(Ms. Dare) I guess that's only fair. I was there when my brother was turned; I believed he is still called a  Yearling. Yes he is!  I moved here about 4 years ago, and he was turned the year before I moved. As too where he is.... one night he just disappeared.
   I remember the vampire that turned him being very rude to my brother; like he didn't want nothing do to with him. Are most vampire's like that to the people they turn?

(Dillon) I hate to admit it, but it is more common then I like to mention. Their is no rule saying, we need to care for the people we turn. It's honestly up to the vampire if he or she wants to look after them ,or tell them how our world works. How did your brother fair while he lived with you; what did he do for food?

(Ms. Dare) When he was turned; I was working to become a nurse so I had access to blood bags. When I couldn't get them, my brother would travel to the local slaughterhouse and eat a steer. Sometimes, if he had really bad craving some of the local animals would "disappeared".
  I have one more question for you, and I think I will be satisfied. Why are you here?

(Dillon) I would have liked to meet your brother. Not a lot of us has his type of resolved during the years of a Yearling.

(Ms. Dare) What do you mean?

(Dillon) The years in which you are called a Yearling as a different name, The Years of the Beast. When you are turned into a vampire the process isn't immediate it can take months and even years for you to become whole. During the transformation you lose your conscious, and your basic animal instincts become hyperactive. You only care about food, shelter, and a warm body.

(Ms. Dare)What does that have to do with my brother?

(Dillon) It is not that common that newly turn vampires go too there family for help only to devour them in the end. It is also not that common when they fully transform they commit suicide; because they can't  live with themselves anymore after what they done. Your  brother lived with you for over a year, and never once turned against you. Most likely he left because he feared one day he wouldn't have that level of control. I respect him.

(Ms. Dare) I never saw it like that. Thank you for pointing that out.

(Dillon) Now to answer your finale question; I have two reasons for being here at this school. Number one, I am being hunted by my own kind because I want to change the way  our world works. I have not known peace in quite some time; I believe that here I may get some.
 And number two, I want to see if vampires can ever truly change psychically. I have over time cut back on drinking blood, and expose myself to sunlight on purpose to make myself used to the it. I want to change for the better.

(Ms. Dare) Does that mean your putting the student body in danger by being here!?

(Dillon) I would never in danger the students in my affairs. The people hunting me has to abide by their own rules which is ,"Do not interfere with humans at all cost." If they want to touch me they will have to play their cards just right, which takes time. Time in which I can relax and focus on my research.
  I have one more question for you. Who exactly brought me here? I want to properly thank them.

(Ms. Dare) Sure, just let me look. It was a student by the name of Jin; he is in your class. He has very fluffy red hair.

(Dillon) Thank you, Ms. Dare. So did I pass your test? Can I stay, or do I need to leave town?

(Ms. Dare) You seem like a decent vampire, so you can stay. As long as you behave, and don't in danger  the lives of the students here. I do have one favor to ask you.

(Dillon) What is it?

(Ms. Dare) If it is possible; could you help locate my brother? I'm sure you could have better luck finding him then the police.

(Dillon) I will think about it. The thing is since I have been on the run; I don't have access to the right information about the location of vampire's. It is also tricky to keep track of Yearlings.

(Ms. Dare) I see.


© 2017 Howling_Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well doe ms dares name is the same a the first born child in u s to be a real legal us born native. Yours truely a mad lord

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ms. Dare is a great character. And her brother sounds like a fascinating future character. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 11, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2017
Tags: Gay & Lesbian, Teen & Young Adult, Supernatural & Occult


Author

Howling_Wolf
Howling_Wolf

VA



About
My name is Dylan, and I'm trying to be writer. I like to write about anything that my mind makes up, mostly Fantasy based stories. I hope to grow as a writer here, and possible make friends as well. .. more..

Writing