Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Love is like the moon

I could feel the wind blow at my hair, causing it to wipe at my face. I ran the back of my hand across my forehead and flipped the sweat off. I started to sing a song so I wouldn't feel so lonesome, but truth be told it didn't really help since it reminded me too much of mom and dad. I clutched the steering wheel and forced the tears to not come pass my eyes. "We don't have time for that!" I yelled at myself.
     Number one rule, no feelings will lead to living. I reached into my duffel bag and grabbed a water bottle. I wasn't watching the road and I ran over something causing my truck to swerve off the highway. "Doggone, what the hell was that?" I got out of my truck and slammed the door.
    All I could see was a little heap of blankets, but as I came closer I realized what it was. It was something that tore my heart out and made me want to cry. It was exactly what it sounded like, a zombie baby. I shook my head as it cried. It's face was a dark blue, telling me it was strangled to death, and it had a tire track where I hit it. "It's a shame." I chuckled. "Of you were my baby I wouldn't put you in the middle of road."
   I moved the blanket so I could get a clear shot at the head and took out my hand gun. "Rest in peace."
    I pulled the trigger and the crying abruptly stopped. Then I turned around and pulled out my one foot blade cutting off the head of zombie mommy. "You my dear undead friend can rest in pieces."
    I looked at the dead baby one more time. "Ah hell!" I picked him up and headed towards my truck. "Hmm, I'm gonna name you Tucker. Well Tucker I think you is needing a proper burial."
   This is right, I thought, he was a baby. He needs to find heaven properly. 
   I opened the drives side of the door and placed the baby there on the seat. I went to the back of the truck and grabbed a shovel and started digging. I dug a deep hole and placed the baby in it. I said my prayers and buried Tucker. I drew a cross in the dirt and left.


© 2011 Love is like the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, this is the first zombie story i heard of and so far its really good! keep it up!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on August 25, 2011
Last Updated on August 25, 2011


Author

Love is like the moon
Love is like the moon

Fort Myers , FL



About
I am thirteen years old and I love writing. I'm hopping to become a best-selling author. I'm currently working on my new book "Untitled" -I call it that because I don't have a name for it yet- I like .. more..

Writing