Six

Six

A Chapter by Isemay
"

Second Grace POV chapter in a row

"

The flyers didn’t get any callbacks, they didn’t seem to stay up long either. And while Snuggle Puppy didn’t come back, she had Eli to talk about it with. Everyday on the phone, for hours they talked about work and family, everything that made life worth living. But she still wanted that stupid dog back. That seemed to amuse Eli endlessly.


“That looked like a huge dog in the picture, Grace. I don’t know if we could all fit in the bed.” 


“And I don’t know if you can snuggle as good as my Puppy!” Teasing him made him groan and she giggled like mad.


“I can’t wait to show you. I’m going to fly out tomorrow morning to get you.”


“And Jacob.” She reminded him and earned a laugh. “Is anyone else coming?”


“Yes actually, Rhys and Ashton. They did great work and they’re finishing the program. Mr. Germain wants people who can start right away and help us in building the glass department.”


“Will there still be jobs…” 


“Yes. That’s not something you need to worry about. Our business has been growing, even with just the hobbyist we’ve had doing glass.”


“You’ve had a hobbyist doing glass?”


Eli started to laugh, “She’s actually not that bad. Here, let me send you a picture of one of her pieces.” It sounded like he was walking somewhere and then a picture came through.


A large, round stained glass window with two women standing back to back, one with a sword and one with a cup, a monogram in the center in another circle above them, and stylized wolves running around the edge.


“Did you get the picture?”


“That was done by a hobbyist? It’s gorgeous.”


“Genevieve does her best. I think she’s looking forward to meeting you. She loved the forest piece you did.”


“So, is she an ex or…” 


“No. Definitely not.” He sounded almost revolted. “Her husband is a friend of mine and an excellent woodworker.”


“I mean, you just sounded like you wanted me to like her.”


“I do. She… She’s a really sweet woman. I haven’t always gotten along with her, she’s a little odd. You might walk away with a handful of crystals and an appointment to have your fortune told when you meet her, but if you need anything, even if you’ve been rude to her, she’ll do everything she can to help you out.”


“People like that can be infuriating. Does she ever get mad? The ones that don’t get mad are the worst.”


“Ha. Rarely. Her husband or her brother will take your head off before you manage to make her mad.” 


Grace let that sink in for a second. “Her husband or her brother, you say that like she’s never by herself.”


“Almost never. They all live together. Her brother and his wife moved into the house her husband built for her.”


Wincing, she offered, “Oh no! Her poor husband!”


Eli laughed again, “I would agree with that, but not for the reasons you think. I’m not very fond of her brother but he’s not a bad man. And his wife is a really wonderful woman. They all get along really well. So well that-”


“No!” She flopped over on the bed, “They don't!”


“They don’t but there were rumors about… She and her brother are twins, they’re freakishly close.”


Teasing, she asked, “The kind where if you poke one the other feels it?”


“Exactly like that. Here’s a story for you. Maria, that’s Bas’ wife, was talking to Genevieve and they decided to make a cake. Maria called to have him pick up the ingredients, but by the time she did, he’d already gotten them and was on his way home. He knew Genevieve was going to need them. They’re like that all the time.”


“Oh my god, that’s creepy.” Grace couldn’t keep the thrill out of her voice. This woman sounded like something out of a horror movie.


“She is, they both are, but they’re good people.” He sighed, “They just take getting used to.”


“I can imagine. But they both managed to get married? People that close to each other usually don’t, do they?” 


“Her husband saved her life, in more ways than one and she is absolutely devoted to him. Bas dotes on his wife, but his first concern is always his sister.”


“Yikes, and Maria puts up with that?”


“She knew the deal when she married him. She loves him. And his sister is ridiculously sweet, I think she’d cut off her foot if it would help Maria.”


“So it’s a weird little family that works. That sounds so creepy cute.” Grace snuggled into her empty bed feeling her eyes getting heavy. “I think I’m going to fall asleep on you soon, Eli.”


“Go to sleep, I’ll see you tomorrow.” She could hear the grin in his voice.


The next morning she got up early to bake two loaves of cheddar bread. Her bag was packed, her laptop was stowed in her purse. That had been its original purpose after all.


With the bread in the oven she hopped into the shower. Today she was going to get to have a look at a place she might want to work and get to spend time with Eli… It was such a giddy thought. 


This time there was going to be sex. Trusting that he wasn’t going to sleep with her and then stop calling wasn’t as hard as she expected. Grace could almost feel the affection oozing through the phone every time they talked.


Coming out of the shower, she thought she heard a knocking at the door. She wrapped the towel around herself and went to peer through the peephole. Eli was fidgeting in front of her door. 


Grace pulled the door open immediately. “You’re early!” 


“You’re…” A smile swept over his face, “naked. I think I’m on time.”


“I’ve got to get dressed before it’s time to get the cheddar bread out.” She gestured for him to come in.


“I’ll get it out for you. You can take your time getting dressed.” Eli stepped toward her, pulling her into an ardent kiss. “I wanted to see you.”


“Mmm, you wanted to see me?” Stepping back, out of his reach, she opened up her towel with a teasing smile.


The stunning flash of gold lit his eyes as he moved toward her. “I want to kiss every inch of you.”


“Ah-ah-ah! That’s not what you said.” Grace grinned, backing away toward the bedroom.


A low growl rumbled out of his chest and the sound sent a warm flush up her cheeks.


“Do that again?” She murmured breathily.


“Grace…” He pulled off his jacket and started tugging at the buttons of his shirt.


“You need to stay dressed. You have to get the bread out.” She started to close her towel, “Or I could get dressed.”


Eli growled again and the sound made her tingle. The sound of the kitchen timer going off was decidedly less sexy.


“The bread.” Grace sighed and moved to slip past him.


He caught her up and kissed her fervently until she didn’t care if the bread burned. When he broke the kiss and tried to set her back on her feet, she wrapped a leg around his hip and lifted herself up to kiss him. Groaning, he pushed her against the wall and rubbed her wet, sensitive core against the rock hard bulge in his jeans.


“Grace. The bread is going to burn.” Eli murmured against her skin as he kept her pinned, kissing and nipping at her neck.


“I can make more. These were going to be for you and for your boss.” She started to unbutton his shirt as he leaned up giving her the space.


“I’ll get them out, and then I’m going to show you what teasing me like that gets you.” His hands cupped her a*s cheeks and squeezed. 


Dropping her towel, Grace followed him into the kitchen to lay out the wire rack and make sure he could find the pot holders. Her eyes widened when he opened the oven and just grabbed the loaf pans, pulling them out and quickly setting them on the rack as she stood holding the pot holders.


“You idiot!” She grabbed his hands and looked them over expecting burns and blisters. “Why would you do that?!”


“Idiot?” He was grinning at her. “I’m not the one who can’t pull bread out of the oven naked.”


Grace glared at him, “I had a boyfriend who pulled a cheesecake out naked and dropped the pan on his leg. Things happen, if you’re cooking or baking you should have your clothes on.” She let go of his hands and moved around him to close the oven door and turn it off. Muttering under her breath, “Ideally, no one else should be in my kitchen while I’m cooking. Careless-” 


“I’ll use oven mitts next time, or pot holders.” He stopped her from starting to wash the bowls and measuring cups she’d left soaking in the sink before her shower. “And I’ll wash your dishes before we go. I wanted to impress you.”


“Feats of stupidity aren’t impressive, you could have burned yourself and-” Grace tried not to moan as he cut her off with a slow deep kiss that made her toes curl.


“I’ll be more careful. I like that you care enough to be angry, but I don’t want you angry right now. I want you to let me kiss every inch of your beautiful body and I want you to enjoy it.” Eli captured her mouth again and she couldn’t stifle the lustful moan his roaming hands and his burning kiss provoked.


“Keep kissing me like that and I’ll let you do anything you want.” She murmured breathlessly, wrapping her arms around his neck.



© 2021 Isemay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on January 11, 2021
Last Updated on January 11, 2021
Tags: witches, werewolves, drama, romance, supernatural


Author

Isemay
Isemay

Germany



About
Spent some time away from here but I've come back to peek in and post again! Review my writing and I will gladly return the favor! I love reading other people's stories, and I try to review hone.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Isemay


Two Two

A Chapter by Isemay


Three Three

A Chapter by Isemay