Frost and Shadows

Frost and Shadows

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Our journey in an alternate dimension begins.

"

I sigh as I walk along the street towards downtown Coma City. Another uneventful year, I think. The school year had just ended with field day. Mandy, Kyndra, and I had watched the track races, bored. Our friend Morgan hadn’t been able to race, she’d been home sick for the last day of school of all days!

“Hey, it’s the Book Queen,” a familiar voice sneers. I stifle a sigh. Every day, without fail, I walk the same path into Coma City. And every day, without fail, Edward Ellis intercepts me as I pass the first couple of skyscrapers into the downtown area. Edward and his accomplices are textbook bullies, who make fun of everyone for no apparent reason. I had managed to avoid them the last few days, but I know that my luck wasn't meant to last. Edward has three other boys with him: Michael Jones, Shon Daley, and Torsten Keel. They surround me quickly. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the shadows in the nearest alleyway darken into a figure, but when I look again, it is gone. Seeing things. Stupid imagination. I turn back to the task at hand.

“What’ve you got today, Book Queen?” Edward asks sarcastically. “Another dumb fantasy? None of that junk is real, why waste your time?”

“Why waste your time bothering me?” I counter. Edward blinks, unable to form a reply. “That’s what I thought,” I say smugly. “Better get going, before your mommy gets worried.” Edward’s face reddens. Great going, idiot, I chastise myself. Now he’s angry. You just can’t keep your mouth shut, can you?

“You’re gonna pay for that,” Edward snarls. “Get her!” The four boys surround me, closing in. “Hey Book Queen, do you read so much ‘cause you’re too dumb to do anything else?” Edward spits. “Even your kid sister is smarter than you. Cooler too. She’s got powers, you don’t. They had to move her to a smart power school, she’s so good!” I clench my fists. Just because my sister had gotten a power before me… Edward smirks. I know I shouldn’t let him rile me up, that I should just walk away. But he isn't done. “I’ve seen you after school, working with the teachers. You’re not gonna get a power if you haven’t by now, so give it up. You will never be more than an ordinary idiot!”

“I AM NOT AN IDIOT!” I scream. A blast of cold shoots through me, exploding outward. Frost spreads faster than I can track, and within seconds the entire skyscraper next to me is frozen solid. Edward and his cronies are statues of ice and frost. I stagger back, slipping on ice that coated the sidewalk. For a second, I stare at the skyscraper, knowing that everyone inside is a statue, just like the bullies. Frozen through. Solid ice. Dead.

I turn and run.



© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ya know what i'm gonna write one too =b

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Send it to me I can add it to the actual story =) and the font you want it in.
Peregrinator7

6 Years Ago

kato's writing something too
o yeah and smugly isn't spelled smugley btw
ALSO
DARKLING MAKES HIS APPEARANCE
that was darkling and not darknight, right?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Yup Darkling
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

o yeah
why doesn't jules get kyndra to protect her?
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

o wate never mind the content of my chapter will reveal that XD
OOOOO I LOVE IT
hey if i write my chapter and send it to you, could you post it?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Yes I can do that.
Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Send what font you want it in too

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2018
Last Updated on May 26, 2018
Tags: Darkness Complete, Shards, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire