Blue Jay

Blue Jay

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

And now we know how Jules gets her villain name in this timeline! This is a Jules POV.

"

I watch, my head tilted slightly, as Darkling sits hunched over a small robotic… “Is that a mouse?” I ask, leaning forwards. Darkling practically leaps out of his chair, cursing. The tiny device, which actually resembles a bird, clatters to the floor.

“Don’t do that!” Darkling exclaims, picking it up.

“Do what?” I reply innocently, a smile tugging at my lips. “What is it, anyway?”

“It’s supposed to be like a spy, or something. Like, I’d send it out and it would spy on S.W.O.R.D., or B.A.S.E., or another organization, then report back. But I can’t seem to get the wiring right. It keeps…” he trails off as he presses one of the buttons. “Well, you’ll see.” The bird unfolds, fluttering its wings. The little crest on its head identifies it as a blue jay. I watch as it hops around the table until it reaches the edge. Without hesitation, it steps off and… crashes to the floor, without even trying to open its wings. I burst out laughing, scooping up the little bird and setting it back on the table.

“Here. You mixed up the wiring,” I say, fiddling with the wires in the chip on its back. “There we go.” I shove the bird towards the edge of the table. This time, when it steps off, its wings open and it flutters across the room to the window. Then it peeks back at Darkling, almost expectantly.

“Oh. It’s waiting for a message. Here.” He offers a piece of paper to the mechanical blue jay. The bird takes the paper in its beak. “Find Darknight,” Darkling instructs. The bird’s silvery wings flash as it takes off into the sky, presumably flying towards the I.I.E.M. base, or wherever Darknight may be.

“That’s pretty cool, Darkling,” I admit. “You’re good at that.”

“It’s nothing,” he replies, blushing slightly. “You’re pretty good too. I wouldn’t have figure out that the wiring was mixed up.”

“And you call yourself a technopath,” I tease, staring after the little silvery bird. “Hey!” I perk up, remembering a nickname my friends used to call me when we were in middle school. “I think I’ve figured out my villain name.”

“Really?” Darkling leans against the table. “What is it?”

“My name,” I say, with an extravagant flourishing bow, “is Jay.”

“That wouldn’t have anything to do with this, would it?” An unfamiliar voice asks from the edge of the room. Darkling shrieks with surprise and disappears, reappearing on the other side of the room with a light-sword in his hands. Then his expression morphed from fear to frustration.

“Stop doing that!” He exclaims. The intruder, a man, gives a little laugh. I get a better look at him when he steps out of the shadows, immediately recognising the cloak-wearing masked man as Darknight, the most villainous villain in the world. Of course, the effect is kind of ruined by the silver blue jay perching on his arm. He holds up the slip of paper in his other hand.

“What’s this about?”

“Just testing a new invention,” Darkling says, dispersing the light-sword and gesturing at the silver bird. “How did it find you so fast?”

“I was coming here anyway. There was something I wanted to discuss with you.” Behind the mask, I see Darknight’s eyes slide in her direction. I take the hint, whistling to the blue jay. It flutters over and settles on my arm.

“I have a couple things I wanted to think about,” I say. “And maybe I can figure out all of this thing’s capabilities. With that, I hop up onto the windowsill. “I’ll be back by sunset,” I add as the bird flutters off.

“And if you aren’t?” Darkling asks.

“Then I’ve either been capture or have turned traitor and joined S.W.O.R.D., in which case you should come after me and knock some sense into me.”

“I’d rather stay unfrozen, thanks,” Darkling scoffs.

“I wouldn’t freeze you,” I say, as if it’s obvious. Darkling tilts his head.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He wonders.

“Well, I wouldn’t want to anger the entire staff of S.O.S. by killing their boss.”

“Is that the only reason?” Darknight asks suggestively.

“DARKNIGHT SHUT UP,” Darkling growls. I grin.

“Not the only reason,” I reply. With that, I send the bird of and step off the ledge after it, saluting to Darkling as I do.

“Um…” Darkling stares after me. “What’s that supposed to mean?” He asks as I fly away laughing.



© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Darknight XD stop teasing your brother XD
also... how did Darkling teleport?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

yep ten characters
Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

totally didn't read it as 'even in bed' at first =D
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

XD nice 10 characters

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 25, 2018
Last Updated on May 26, 2018
Tags: Darkness Complete, Shards, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire