Not a Stalker

Not a Stalker

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

The Darkling and Darknight of this timeline are introduced, with your typical sibling connection.

"

Darkling fades into view as he releases the shadows, letting them scatter across the alleyway. He’d been watching the girl, Jules, for months now, waiting. She’d been a constant target of the bullies, and therefore was likely to release a burst of power in an angry response to their harassment… like she just had. The teenage villain steps out of the alleyway to better observe the damage. The four boys are frozen solid in ice that is cold to the touch. Same with the building. Darkling extends his vision to the shadows inside the skyscraper to see that everything has turned to ice. The sidewalk, however, is only covered in a layer of it, not frozen through.

“Incredible,” Darkling whispers. If he can teach her to harness that power… the possibilities are endless. This girl will be a valuable asset to the S.O.S., and to Darkling himself. Even Darknight will have to admit she’s powerful, he muses, thinking of his older brother who leads the I.I.E.M., the largest villain corporation in the world. Speaking of Darknight… Darkling concentrates, letting light pass through him until he is invisible. Moving quickly through the city, he makes his way to the edges, to the I.I.E.M. base. He peers up at the topmost windows. A figure paces in a top room. Perfect. Darkling reaches for the shadows and light, using them to fly up to the window. The faint swirls of shadow and light that keep him in the air are the only sign that someone is there.

Darkling sees his brother pacing in the large office, listening to a report from one of the villains in his employment. Settling invisibly on the windowsill, he tries to figure out what is being said by Darknight’s reactions. Something makes the well-known villain pause, then he whirls on the other man. Darkling smirks when the other villain flinches at whatever Darknight is shouting. Finally, Darknight dismisses the other villain, collapsing into the chair behind his desk as soon as the door closes. Darkling watches as he pounds the desk in frustration, then relaxes, his energy spent, kicking the chair back on two legs.

A tiny skein of light unlatches the window on Darkling’s command, and he opens it, slipping inside. Darknight doesn't notice. Darkling remains invisible and creeps up on his brother, until he is inches from his face. Then he releases the invisibility. “Boo.” Darknight’s eyes snap open and he gives a startled cry. The chair topples, and the world’s greatest evil mastermind tumbles to the floor. Darkling doubles over with laughter, then reaches out a hand to help his brother to his feet.

“Thanks for that,” Darknight says sarcastically. “That’s just what I needed today.” He waves his hand, using telekinesis to stand the chair back on it’s legs. “What brings you here?”

“You know the girl I’ve been watching?” Darkling asks.

“I don’t need to hear about your stalking escapades,” Darknight huffs.

“Then you don’t want to hear that she froze an entire building, and everyone in it?”

Darknight pauses. “What?”

“You heard me. With that much power, she could be one of the greatest.”

“Looking to get me replaced, are you?” Darknight teases.

“Oh please. You have mind control, no one can beat you. I’m looking for a second in command. I’m going to recruit her.” Darkling stops, considering something. “Don’t get any ideas. She’s joining my company.”

“She’s a bit young for me anyway.”

“Zavier!”

Darknight laughs. “You’re too easy to mess with.”

“See if I ever tell you anything again,” Darkling quips.

“Oh, you will,” Darknight assures him. “You’d better get going, you’ll need to figure out a way to get her to join.”

“I have a plan,” Darkling says with a grin.



© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

XD HAHAHAHAHA
no dn you need to capture kyndra so she can fall in love with you :)
i like how you are actually developing darkling in this story. there wasn't much of that in descendants...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

yeah go to the photo section of your profile (top left tab) and you can post photos
i've post.. read more
Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Cool I'll have to check that out and I'll post it when I have it drawn
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

ok looking forward to it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 10, 2018
Last Updated on April 11, 2018
Tags: Shards, Darkness Complete, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire