Serephimbia

Serephimbia

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Another Kyndra POV... and the introduction of a very interesting organization.

"
“Kyndra! You have a guest!” my dad shouts up at me from the first floor. I cross my arms over my chest.
“I’m trying to sleep!” I shout back
“You’ll want to hear this. I’m letting them come up to your room!” he replies. I hear footsteps and swear, grabbing my shirt and pulling it on. I slip back under the covers as the door opens, and a tall woman with short black hair wearing a black suit sticks her head into my room.
“May I come in?” she asks politely.
“Will you go away if I say no?” I ask. She shakes her head and laughs a little. “That’s what I thought.” She steps into my room, silently avoiding the minesweep that’s become my floor. She reaches down and picks up my diagnosis paper from it’s spot where I tossed a few months ago when Jay and Mad visited. I haven’t seen either of them since, and I’m glad about it, if only to save my conscious.
“My, my, my. Seems quite hopeless, eh?” she asks. I stare at her.
“Who are the hell you?”
“I am Alina Falchion, a board member of the Seraphimbian School for the Extraordinary, or SSE for short.”
“And how does that apply to me?” the tone of my voice is bored, but my interest is piqued.
“I’ve come to offer you a full scholarship for the rest of your school years, which includes paid college tuition of your choice. There will also be plenty of job opportunities, that you could easily get, as we will prepare you to the best of our abilities.”
“For the next few months before I die? What’s the point?”
“Ms. Melfin, we have strong reason to believe that we can cure you.”
---- ---- ----
I sit uncomfortably against the strangely cushy airplane seat as I wait for the plane to take off. Mrs. Falchion is in another section of the plane, talking to four what looked like holograms other people that I barely got a glance. A woman that was wearing a queenly dress with a face that looked like it could kill you with a glance.  Anther woman wearing a strange purple-orange-red outfit. A man wearing a dark gray one-sleeved shirt under lighter gray metallic rock-ish material, with scars cris-crossing his visible skin, and a tough, mean look on his face. Another man, wearing dark clothes, with dark hair and eyes, a kind expression on his face. But what stand out about him most is dark bat or dragon-looking wings, and some sort of snake-like tail.
Mrs. Falchion said something about a board meeting. Yeah, right. I’m starting to rethink this. She was very vague about what exactly the experimental treatment was, and now I no longer want it that bad. On a whim, I pull out my phone and google “seraphimbian school for the extraordinary”. The official school site comes up, and I look through it, everything matching up.
Apparently, the red-orange-purple costume lady works with the creative kids, the queen woman teaches the disrespectful kids manners, the scarred man works with the troubled kids, and the dragon man- who in his picture has no wings-, along with Mrs. Falchion, are more the administrators and sometimes work as counselors. There’s a circle that says “Students! Click here to view more!” I click on it, but I am denied access.
“Oh, really?” I mutter under my breath. “We’ll see about that.” I pull up some things and quickly hack into their network. What I find is not what I expected to.


© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOO HOO
although could you indent each paragraph please?

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Oh oops =D
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

thanks :) ten characters

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 13, 2018
Last Updated on April 13, 2018
Tags: Darkness Complete, Shards, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire