New Recruit

New Recruit

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire
"

Jules and Darkling meet for the first time in this timeline! In possibly the weirdest setting...

"

I know someone is there the moment I open my eyes. Something is… off… something with the shadows. I sit bolt upright, drawing in a breath to scream, but a gloved hand claps over my mouth.

“Shhhh…” a male voice whispers. “I’m not going to hurt you.” I read between the lines. If I wanted you dead you wouldn’t have woken up. I notice from the intruder’s voice that they are a teenager, probably not too much older than myself. I hold my breath until he takes his hand away, then slowly let it out.

“Who are you and why the hell are you in my room?” I hiss.

The boy snorts. “Yeah, probably not the best idea on my part.” He pauses. “To answer your questions, you know me as Darkling.” I stiffen. Darkling? One of the most dangerous villains in the world? In my bedroom? “Also… I’m here to recruit you.”

“Recruit… me?” I ask, baffled.

“Have the events of this afternoon slipped your mind?” Darkling says. “You need someone to teach you how to control your abilities, and I can teach you more than that. Dangerous as you are, I don’t doubt that someone will target you soon enough, and you’ll need to know how to defend yourself.”

“What’s in it for you?”

“If this all works out, I’ll have a very dangerous cryokinetic on my side,” he says simply. “What did you think I was going to say?” He asks when he notes my expression.

“I’m still trying to get past the fact that I have a villain in my room.” I sigh. “Do I have a choice?”

“Of course,” Darkling assures me. “But I will warn you, I’m not the only one who knows about your abilities. Others will seek you out, and I doubt all of them want you alive.” Meaning, join me or you’ll most likely end up dead. Not much of a decision.

“Alright. I’m in.” I squint through the darkness, seeing Darkling’s green eyes gleam. “When do we start?”



© 2018 Jay_Bluefire


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

JAY WE'RE WRITING THIS IN PRESENT TENSE
THE REST IS IN PRESENT TENSE
EXCEPT FOR THIS CHAPTER
C'MON, MAN

Posted 6 Years Ago


Correction: If I'd wanted you wouldn't have woken up.
COMMAS SAVE LIVES, PEOPLE
Wow Jay, that's where your mind went? *facepalms while shaking head* Whatever are we going to do with you? He's not going to want that for like another year, at least. Keep yourself in check, girl.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

I agreed with you.
Then I stated that my main changes are mostly now and at the Descendants t.. read more
Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

Ok thanks my brain doesn't work =D
Locke Redwyne (night sys)

6 Years Ago

MINE EITHER
"I have a villain in my room." Best quote ever

Posted 6 Years Ago


Jay_Bluefire

6 Years Ago

"Probably not the best idea on my part."
XD Darkling is hilarious XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2018
Last Updated on May 26, 2018
Tags: Darkness Complete, Shards, Descendants


Author

Jay_Bluefire
Jay_Bluefire

Puyallup, WA



About
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is NOT putting it in fruit salad. Philosophy is wondering if that makes ketchup a smoothie. Common sense is knowing that ketchup is not a smoothie b.. more..

Writing
Ch 1 Ch 1

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire


Ch 2 Ch 2

A Chapter by Jay_Bluefire