Alternative

Alternative

A Chapter by Kourtnie

The week seemed like it took forever. Every minute felt like an hour and school just dragged on. I felt like the world decided  to start spinning 100 times slower than normal. My friends are the only thing that got me through the week. But, to my surprise Alex had gotten sent to alternative school for a week. Apparently he had gotten into a fight at school! But I didn't care it really wasn't his fault, or from what I understood it wasn't. He would get dropped off but the AMS buses after school at Churchill. I got to see him, every day after school. The only problem with it was that it made the school day seem even longer cause all I wanted was for it to finally end.

When he would get off the buss it would be about 4:00 and school got out at 4:05. He'd go to the back of the school, by the football field and wait for me. Onve the bell rang I stopped by my locker, grabbed my books and put the ones I didn't need away and headed for the back. If anyone tried to talk to me at all I would ignore them. I had more important things on my mind. Once I reached the football field he walked up to me, in his school uniform. He looked sooo nerdy x) But I'd walk up to him and give him a hug. We'd stand there for a moment catching up on things and just talking. Thenwe walked past the football field, to the end of the baseball field and he'd hug me. This was where he would have to leave me. Where I'd have to wait a while nother day before being able to to see him again. So he'd hiss me. Always a gentle passionate kiss that lasted a few minutes. We both didn't want to leave the other's side. But once we finished our kissing, we'd give each other one last  hug, I'd say "Text me, yeah?", He'd reply "Okay.", and we'd both turn around and walk away. After about five minutes of not being together, that's when he would text me and we'd text for the rest of the night until we fell asleep.

Friday came. I was as anxious as could be for the final bell to ring. The bell of freedom. The bell that would let me see him. Watching the clock as every second slowly ticked by. Watching as the seconds turned into minutes and the minutes turned into hours. Then the final bell rang. I was finally free. I got up and immediately went to see him. Since it was Friday I didn't have any books in my bookbag, only my binders. I reached the field and he greeted me with open arms, kissed me and said, "Let's do something different today. I looked at him, kind of puzzled, and said, "Like what?" He replied, "Come with me. To my friends house. What time's your mom going to pick you up?" "Five thirty." I blurted. Completely lying and texting my mom I had to go to tutoring and to be there at five thirty. We walked hand in hand to the back of the school and to the apartments across from the school. As we walked in he put his arm around me and texted his friend with his other hand. He led me to a bench, and we began to kiss. Then we heard his friend say something. He got up, grabbing my hand, dragging me along right behind him. He talked to his friend, having a conversation about school as I stood there quietly. After a few minutes he looked at me and said, "You don't know him do you?" I shook my head no and he said, "Kourtnie this is Muhannad, Muhannad this is Kourtnie." He exchanged a quick "Hi." Alex then looked at me and said, "What do you want to do?" And faced towards me and put his arms around me. "What ever you want." I replied smiling. "Let's go swimming!" he said. I giggled and said, "Noo not that!" as a little kid came out of the apartments and down the stairs. "There's Ahmed, Muhannad's little brother." Alex explained. Once the little boy got to us Alex said, "Let's go swimming and dragged me across the apartment complex. We walked up to the pool gate Alex took one look at it and said, "You got the key?" "Just push." replied Muhannad. I did what he said and the gate opened. "Get in." Alex teased. "Noo." I said about to laugh. He walked up to me, held me, and began to make me walk backwards. After a few steps I said, "I'm scared." "Of what?" Alex replied. "You're going to make me fall in!" I said back. "No I'm not." he said calmly. I then turned around and saw the edge of the pool just a step away and stopped. He then proceeded to pick me up. Terrified I clung to him and said, "I'm not going in unless you do!" He walked right up to the edge to the pool. So close that if he left go I would've feel directly in. I refused to let go and tightened me grip. After a moment he backed up and set me down on the floor. "Thank you." I said relieved. He turned around and sat on a pool chair. I walked up to him and he motioned for me to lay next to him, so I did. We had a small conversation, then he kissed me. As we were kissing and laughing we could hear the boys talking about something weird, making us laugh even more. We continued to kiss and tease each other slightly. Everything was so picture perfect. Then his phone vibrated. He had to get up. He began to speak in Spanish, letting me know it was his mom. As he was talking he went and sat on a different chair. Once he hung up, he asked, "What time will your mom be here?" Just then my phone vibrated. It was my mom. She was here. "I hung up and laughed saying, "Right now." "Perfect timing." He said. We then kissed for another minute before he walked me to the gate by the school. "This is where I have to leave you." he said. He then gave me one last kiss and we had the usual "Text me. "I will." conversation. I calmly walked into the school yard just until I was out of his sight, then I ran to the front of the school. Hoping my mom wouldn't notice I took forever to get there. Just as I reached the front she called me. I ignored it because I was just a few feet away from her car. She saw me and started the car. Oops.. she's obviously been there for awhile. She lectured me the whole way home saying making her wait was unacceptable and asking if I wen to see anyone. After demanding to see my phone, I told I'd lied and I saw ALex. She was kind of mad but happy I told the truth. Once we arrived home I went straight to my room and texted Alex. The next day was Saturday and I was anxious to be able to be with him, in private, for a few hours.


© 2011 Kourtnie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 16, 2011
Last Updated on April 16, 2011


Author

Kourtnie
Kourtnie

San Antonio, TX



About
Just your average girl that has an undeniable passion for letting out her emotions through writing. more..

Writing
Little Girl Little Girl

A Poem by Kourtnie