A Place Called Home

A Place Called Home

A Chapter by Dark and Mysterious
"

wrote something finally :)

"

The dream was still spinning in the back of my mind. My head hurt like I had a bad hangover. Perhaps I was officially going insane. I groaned as I got up, my head throbbing. I finally stood up from the bed, only to be blasted back down. Okay what the hell was that! My vision was black. I was dying, everything was black. I tried to focus on my surroundings. Nothing came. Pain. A pair of agonizing black eyes. I focused on them. There was something about them. They seemed familiar somehow. As I focused they became clearer. They were not black but a deep dark vibrant blue, almost like the night sky...


As quickly as it came it was gone. I was on my feet. Nothing seemed amiss. Something was, I knew without a doubt. This was supposed to be a premonition. I looked around for the calendar. It had to be here somewhere. I found it in an old drawer and flipped through. The dreaded date was faraway. I still had a few months to live. Instinctively I checked my marks.. The death mark seemed darker somehow. I looked again. It seemed the same. I shrugged. Who cares if I die or live? I looked at the time. S**t I was pretty late. I threw on an outfit as fast I could, put one of my vomit green contacts and raced to the window. I so wasn't in the mood to face the b***h. I reached for my bag and jumped out. I was perfect at scaling walls now, I could even pick locks. I’d actually considered a life of crime. I ran over to the road at the back. Sam was already there waiting for me in his jeep. One of the many cars he owned. I smiled as soon as I saw him not the real smile, the one that touched your eyes, just a bit lifting of my mouth. He smiled right back, a cute big grin that lit up his face. I plopped myself in the passenger seat.

Hey Jake,” I said looking in the rear view mirror.

Heyya girl,” he shot right back.

With a smile I asked, “So where to?”

Sam replied trying to look bored but I could see the humor in his eyes, “Same old.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at his expression even though not a hearty laugh it was well a laugh. “Hit it.”

 

    I slept for a while, when I was bored by picking on Jake and of the familiar scenery outside. I did not dream again. Kudos for that ‘cause I so wanted to seem sane to Sam. I woke up when we were almost there. Something in the wind told me to, though I know it was probably Jake trying to sneak some of his bug friends on me. My face showed some emotion with these guys, I know Sam always got to me. Whenever I felt down it took just one text from him to make me all right. I used to love him like hell but I wasn’t so sure anymore. I felt so drained of emotion that I feared all my love for him was gone too. But mostly I feared that if I stopped any emotion would he still love me back too. I couldn’t do without the only family I had. But if I didn’t really care anymore, I suppose I could. I wanted not to feel anything so I could guard myself from the pain but if I really didn’t feel the good things would be gone too. I didn’t know if I could live with that.

The small cottage came into view. It was so beautiful, with trees everywhere, grapevines climbing on the walls. It was supposed to create a ‘live with nature’ effect but that really wasn’t true. Sam had it equipped with stuff people didn’t even have at their homes. I threatened him to give it a rest and got all the freaky locks and automatic stuff removed right away. I didn’t care how rich he was. But living with that was kinda insane. Well he agreed but the others didn’t. There was no way in hell they were parting with all the ‘modern conveniences’, as they put it. I personally couldn’t get how they could call ‘roughing it’ while sitting in front of the idiot box or while surfing the internet. But hey they were away from home in the middle of nowhere. Yeah nowhere " a place with high speed internet and perfect mobile service. These guys were insane. They actually would boss around Sam, acting like they owned the place. That doesn’t mean I didn’t. This was the one place I could call home and we all made one hell of a perfect family.


So who all in there today? It seems pretty noisy,” I asked Sam.


He shrugged and I had the feeling he was hiding something from me.

“Ok. Let’s see it’s you, me, Jake, Kyle, Dean, Troy and…” My eyes widened as I heard a squeal of laughter from inside. “…and the KABs!!” I stopped so suddenly that Sam almost ran into me. “Why didn’t you tell me Sam!” This was a place for family only. “What the hell are they doing here!?!”


“Calm down D. Troy brought them. He is into Amber,” he said with a sigh.


Really the oh so perfect b*****s! Kayla, Amber and Beth! Had all the girls in the world died! “He is so going to die a real slow and painful death now.” I started to storm off into the cottage. Sam yelled for me to stop, to calm down and let people have their fun. I stopped dead in my tracks. Not because of Sam but because as soon as I stepped on the porch I had a feeling to run away. Something awaited me inside. The feeling was so strong I couldn’t even move. The door opened but I was too lost to notice. What was going to happen? Someone was standing right there looking at me like I was crazy which I apparently was. I looked up still trying to figure out that ‘something.’ But as soon as I saw him I realized, it was rather someone.



© 2014 Dark and Mysterious


Author's Note

Dark and Mysterious
Well sorry for bringing this up so late. My mid terms just got over and I really couldn't write while studying. I'm sad 'cause most of you won't remember it :( If anyone's interested I'll try to put up the next chapter by tomorrow. TRY!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Next chapter pleasee! this was killer amazing!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

Thanks
Man, put next chapter up... I really want to find out who the hell was it she saw??
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dark and Mysterious

11 Years Ago

Dont worry I'm on it :)
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Thanks :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 3, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2014
Tags: home, mystery guy, death, feelings


Author

Dark and Mysterious
Dark and Mysterious

Delhi, India



About
wanna know me?? good luck with that ;) more..

Writing