Their Final Warning

Their Final Warning

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

I sat up in my bed, covered in sweat. I looked around my room and tried to control my breathing. 'They're coming. They're mad. They want Skyler,' I told myself over and over.
Artie stumbled into my room from his room and leaned against the door that joined our rooms. "You saw it too?"
I nodded and looked around my room. "Where's Skyler?" My heart jumped when I noticed she wasn't next to me.
Artie shrugged but we heard a scream come from downstairs. My eyes widened and I jumped out of my bed. I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs and quickly looked around our kitchen. Artie ran into the back of me and knocked me off the stairs. "Artie!"
"Sorry!" He whispered back.
I shook my head and looked around. The glass window was busted and the door was broken down. "Skyler?" I called out.
There was a knocking coming from the sink. I slowly walked around the island that was in the middle of our kitchen. I motioned for Artie to follow me once I could see around the island. No one was there.
I heard another soft knock that came from inside the cabinet. I pointed toward the door and Artie nodded his head. We let our wings out so we would be able to either scare away the demon or fight it off. I slowly grabbed the handle of the door and ripped it open. Long black hair followed by a small body fell out of the cabinet. It wasn't a demon at all. It was Skyler.
"Skyler!" I exclaimed. My wings retracted and I fell to her side and held her in my arms.
"I've never seen your wings before," she stated. "They're pretty."
I looked down at her and smiled. My smile quickly faded when I saw the stream of blood that was coming from her forehead. "What happened?"
"Those guys came back. But this time, they had black eyes. Like no white. Just pure black."
"Demons," Artie said lowly. "That's their warning."
"Warning? Warning for what?" Skyler asked.
"They after us. Mainly you. They're pissed," Artie crossed his arms.
Skyler gave me a scared look.
"But they aren't going to get you. I promise," I kissed her forehead.


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


Author's Note

Meghan Frederick
How's it going? :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The drama and action is building slowly but surely just like it should. Moving on to the next chapter.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2013
Last Updated on September 5, 2013
Tags: angels, demons, fighting, violent, final, warning


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing