I Just Can't

I Just Can't

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

I continued to sit alone at the bar. Mrs. Jane has been gone for a long time. What was up with Skyler? Why did this all of a sudden make her all upset? I didn't mean to make her mad. I just can't say that I love her. I just can't. What if telling her hurts her too?

Mrs. Jane suddenly came out from the hall and heaved out a sigh when she saw me. "She's calmed down now."

"Can I go see her?"

She shrugged. "I guess. I'd just be careful."

"She wouldn't hurt me," I smiled kindly at her.

"I don't mean she would hurt you. I'm afraid you'll hurt her."

My smile quickly faded. "I would never hurt her."

She snorted as if trying to laugh. "I need to lie down. This baby needs to come out now."



I lightly knocked on Skyler and I's door. I could hear sniffling so I decided to open it. Thank goodness it wasn't locked.

Skyler was sitting on our bed with her feet hanging off the side and tissues in her hands. Her black hair hid her face from me, but I knew she was crying. I could hear her sniffling.

"Skyler?" I took a step towards her and she didn't do anything. She just sat there.

"Babe?" Her head sprung up and she looked at me.

Her eyes were bloodshot. She still had tears running down her cheeks. She looked miserable, and it broke my heart. "Baby, I'm so sorry."

I pulled her into my arms. She began to sob into my chest. "I have no family. You're all I have," she wept.

I pulled her face away from my chest and looked into her eyes as I wiped her tears away. "You have everyone here in this apartment complex."

"They aren't my family. You're the closet thing I have to family."

I shook my head. "That's not true."

"Why can't you tell me you love me?"

"I just don't know what love is I guess. And I don't want to commit to something if I don't know what it is. Especially not with you."

"I guess I can accept that," she smiled. She was beautiful when she smiled.

I kissed her forehead. "It'll be okay, Skyler."

Skyler pulled away and looked around. "Where's Artie?"

"He went back home for a little bit to check in on his mom."

"When will he be back?"

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. If the demons are crazy here, I can only think of how it is with the angels up there."


© 2013 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013
Tags: dimitri, skyler, troubles, couple, love, angel


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing