The Son of the Devil

The Son of the Devil

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

I sat on my bed as Artie hit me over and over on my head. "What in the heavens were you thinking? Leaving her like that! After what she's been through!"

He was about to hit me again but I stopped his hand in midair. "It's all my fault," I mumbled as I continued to look at the ground.

Artie lowered his hand and sat on the bed beside me. "It isn't your fault, Dim."

I sighed and nodded. "Yeah, it is, Artie. If it wasn't for me, she wouldn't have been kidnapped and given this disease."

"We don't know if it's the demon disease, yet."

I looked up at him. "Artie, did you not see her eyes? They're red!"

"That still doesn't mean anything."

The door suddenly burst open and Skyler came barging in. "Dimitri, I don't feel very good."

Skyler's nose and eyes were bleeding profusely. She kept sniffling, as if it would help anything.

"Yeah, she's not diseased."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pulled the covers and sheets up to Skyler's shoulders as she slept in my bed. She breathed softly and slowly. I brushed the hair away from her face and watched her sleep.

Artie and I had to wipe the blood off of Skyler's face and take care of her as she threw up blood into the toilet. She was in bad shape. I had no idea what to do because I had never seen a disease this bad.

There was a swift knock at the door which led to someone entering the room. I looked up to see Aunt Jane standing in the doorway. "How is she?" She closed the door behind her.

"She's better," I answered.

"But will she make it?"

"I-I honestly don't know, Aunt Jane," I didn't have an answer for her. I had no idea if she would make it or not.

"Have faith," Artie walked out of the bathroom carrying a damp rag. "God will deliver us."

I stared at him. "Artie, do you not see what's going on? We are in the middle of a war between heaven and hell! God isn't paying attention to us. And it's me, the son of the devil.

"What?" Skyler rubbed her eyes.

I hadn't told her yet.



© 2014 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing