Fun Day

Fun Day

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

It took Skyler a while to get used to the idea that I was Lucifer's son. But she didn't think less of me because of it. She didn't get mad that I didn't tell her and she even understood why I didn't. I eventually had to tell her family who I was and what had happened to Skyler. Most of them were understanding, but the others, like Uncle Tom, were not.

Uncle Tom said that I took Skyler away to my father and hurt her and then brought her back. Everyone quickly knew that it wasn't true because they knew I wouldn't do that to her. Skyler helped convince everyone too, but she says Uncle Tom is going to be harder to convince.

I wrapped my arms around Skyler's waist and hugged her into me. There have been no attacks or anything out of the ordinary since we got Skyler back. In celebration of Skyler's birthday, we decided to go spend the day outside and have a family day with something called a barbecue. It looked as if Skyler and Artie were really enjoying themselves. Artie was watching the men cooking while Skyler was playing with the younger kids. I was keeping watch. We don't need something or someone to destroy this amazing day.

Skyler turned in my arms and faced me. She kept sunglasses on almost all the time so she wouldn't scare the children with her eyes. She's been keeping her head up even though she's been through so much and is always in pain. She cries in her sleep. I hold her when she does and then she stops.

"Hey," she cooed.

I escaped from my thoughts and looked into her eyes.

"Smile for me," she simply said.

I smiled at her and held her closer. "There."

She smiled back.

"Are you having fun?" I asked.

"This is the most fun I've had in months."

I pressed my lips to her forehead. "I'm so glad, Skyler."

"It looks like Artie's having fun too," She slightly pulled away to see Artie as he tried to touch the chicken that was roasting on top of a metal piece that held fire.

She giggled. "I'm glad I'm back here."

My smile faded as I looked at her. "I am too, dear." I kissed her cheek. "You have no idea."

A young girl with her white hair pilled on the top of her head came running at us. She ran into Skyler's arms and Skyler lifted her up between us.

"Skyler! Aunt Jane is having her baby!" She cried.

"Right now?!" Skyler exclaimed.

"Yeah! She needs you!"

Skyler turned to me and looked at me. She was worried. "Well, let's get going!" I pushed her and the girl ahead of me and we ran into the house smiling.



© 2014 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
Added on July 25, 2014
Last Updated on July 25, 2014


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing