Make Them Come on Our Turf

Make Them Come on Our Turf

A Chapter by Meghan Frederick

I woke up to a horrendous bang that come from inside my closet. I looked beside me and Skyler wasn't there. Maybe she made the bang? Maybe she was trying to get something out of our closet?

I placed my feet onto the hard wood floor and made my way to the closet. I opened it up and was taken aback when I saw spiked brown hair with deep red tips. "Artie? What are you doing in my closet?"

He looked up at me with wild gray eyes. "Where's Skyler?" he tried to look behind me.

"I guess she went to the bathroom. I figured she made the noise, but it was you."

Artie looked up at me as if he had just seen murder. "Dim, she doesn't wake up before you."

I let it sink in for a bit, then I began to panic. I pulled the clothes out of the closet that were around Artie, hoping she was hiding, but it was only Artie. I ran to the bathroom. I opened every door, but she wasn't in there either. I sprinted down the stairs, ran around the kitchen, but she was no where in sight. I was beginning to sweat. My heart was pounding. I couldn't keep my cool anymore.

Artie gently touched my shoulder from behind me. I whirled around, and he had sadness in his eyes. "Artie, where is she?"

He shook his head. "They must've taken her in the night. I was hoping to get here in time, but I guess I was too late."

"Who's they?" I asked.

Artie looked me in the eyes. "Your father."

I was filled with rage. "Do you know what they want with her?"

"My mom didn't tell me, but they're going to kill her, Dim."

"We have to go down there! We can't just leave her there!" I cried.

Artie shook his head. "Let's make them come here. They won't be as powerful, and we can get Skyler easily."

"How are they going to come here? Just ask that my dad be an outstanding father, for once, and bring Sky back?"

Artie grinned. "We'll trick them. We can make them think that they took someone else. That the 'real' Skyler is still here."

I smiled. "That's actually a great idea, Artie."

He placed his hand back on my shoulder. "Don't worry. We'll get her back and she'll be fine."


© 2014 Meghan Frederick


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on January 15, 2014
Last Updated on January 15, 2014
Tags: skyler, artie, dimitri, angels, demons, taken, kidnapped, love, couple


Author

Meghan Frederick
Meghan Frederick

Lafayette, LA



About
All I want to do is write :) more..

Writing