Chapter one: So much for a peaceful morning run (Part II)

Chapter one: So much for a peaceful morning run (Part II)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Ok, yay... death averted!

"
I woke with the chilling sound of the wind, so loud it sounded like a wolf and his distant cry to the waning moon. I jumped up and found myself human again "naked and cold. I hadn’t had time to remove my clothes; they must be shredded near the hunter’s truck "perfect. I exited the cave, the wind making my hair stand on end. My hair whipped my bare skin furiously in an attempted to break free of my scalp and follow the wind in its uproar rampage through the trees. My feet came into contact with an unexpected damp liquid. I jumped back and looked down to see that blood was what touched my feet, its source "two dead soul hunters. The missing pair from earlier this morning, they had both been mauled brutally and clawed inhumanly. This was not common instinct for normal wolves, to just kill two hunters and leave their pray. Unless this was a sacrifice and a sign of worship to...me? I don’t want to sound like a brag but it’s a good conclusion, I mean I am the only she-wolf here and whoever or whatever killed these two must have seen me earlier and wanted to help. Were they like me or just your average wolf with good instincts? I thought I was alone out here, the only one of my kind "guess not. I must find these wolves, pick up their scent. The killing of these two has been done in different ways, the claw marks of different sizes. I didn’t know whether to be happy or scared about the fact that there might be more wolves out there like me, whose true form was a human being. Something bright shone in my eye; it left me blinded and confused for the brightness was coming from the ground not the notorious skyline. I knelt down and saw that it was a silver chain reflecting the sun’s rays; it was resting upon a pair of jeans and a baggy sweat shirt. I smiled with gratitude "they must be like me. This gave me new hope for I could now speak to someone like me, more than one someone but two, maybe more if I’m lucky. I mean talking to my nanna is always comforting but there is so much I can’t talk to her about, like the murder of my parents "I don’t want to hurt her by talking about such things. I picked up the clothes and the necklace and admired it as I walked back into the cave to get dressed. The necklace so beautiful, it was a small tear shaped emerald on a silver chain, it will match nicely with my wiry strawberry blonde hair "it’s a shame I don’t have a mirror in this cave. I smiled and was thankful to whoever gave me these clothes, the jeans were a little tight but that’s probably an indication that I need to lose a few kilos around the leg and butt area. I felt light headed but was quite relieved, for I didn’t have much experience in the silver poisoning department and feared the worst. My vision was blurred and my skin was looking a little pasty but I wasn’t rolling over in pain so that was good. I exited the cave and began walking back home, decided that it would be best if I didn’t move the dead hunters for my DNA would be all over them if I did. I descended the rocky mountain face, which was a lot more difficult in these jeans; I am normally a mountain goat when it comes to this sort of stuff.
     “Trixy?”                       
 
    
“Silver poisoning” I said hoarsely, the walk had spread the sliver though my body even more, making the side effects of silver amplified.           
    
“Oh dear” nanna said with shock, though she remained fairly calm. She disappeared into the kitchen and came back holding a syringe that was scary just looking at it. I closed my eyes as she approached; I felt the syringe alright and could see my eyes glaze over as they switched to wolf eyes for a split second of uncertainty. I held back a scream, growl, whimper or whatever human or animalistic nose I would have made as I felt the substance seep deep into my neck. I closed my eyes even when nanna removed the syringe from my neck and placed a bandage around the wound "great now I’m going to have to wear a scarf to school. The last thing I need is suspicion or rumours.      
    
“Hey nanna, do you know anything about that symbol that all the Soul Hunters have tattooed on their shoulder? It looks familiar, and I saw it on the hunter earlier and it reminded me of something” I asked her as we sat opposite each other at the kitchen table. Flashes of the masked hunter earlier were flooding my mind as I couldn’t seem to get him out of my head.                                    
    
“Not all of them my dear, but yes you may remember from when you were eight. The Soul hunter that killed your parents had one” Nanna said with calmness, though I could see the hatred in her eyes.                                           
    
“Oh; wait don’t they all have those tattoo thingies?” I said trying to stir away from the other part of the conversation.            
    
“No my dear they do not. Only those of royal blood, traced back to the ancient ones of their kind. They were the first ones who plotted against us” She said but she wasn’t talking to me, but through me as her eyes and her mind seemed somewhere else as she spoke.           
    
“Oh well he wasn’t all that, I could have finished him then and there but I didn’t want blood all over me, I already had a shower this morning; you’ve got to save water nanna. Anyway whoever he was he was pathetic” I said trying to lighten the conversation and stir away from the past and the history of those like me. I glanced up at the clock as a thought of the hunter once again annoyed me with its presence just like the hunter himself.
    
“Great I’m going to be late for school. Love ya nana” I rushed as I realised the time, picked up my bag and got into my rusty baby blue Ute "god I love my car.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: romance, teen, young adult, fantasy, supernatual, suspense


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing