Chapter two: Curiosity killed the Deer (Part II)

Chapter two: Curiosity killed the Deer (Part II)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Don't say I didn't warn you.

"

     “Ok, ok my turn” Icy said, clicking her finger while she focused on her notes.                                     
     “Um...
?” I said, saying the first equation that popped in mind.                          
     “Are you kidding me?!” she shirked, her head snapping up to look at me. I smiled and tried hard not to laugh she look as if she was being tortured by the FBI.                           
     “Come on this is easy! Its basic equations” I said kind of enjoying the moment, but frustrated at the pizza dude for not getting here on time.           
     “Basic? Ok fine I’ll give it a shot but don’t push me I will get it...eventually”                                                    
     “Whatever, Come on before this clinker melts in my hand” I said, glancing over at Lizzy and Kath who tried hard to act like this wasn’t
amusing. You see Icy’s parents’ may be the smartest people I know but Icy, well we’re surprised she isn’t adopted.         
     “Atom!” I yelled; slobber covering my fingers where the clinker had once been. “Sorry Icy you miss out” I said, Atom was by far the most human dog I’ve ever known even more human than his owner sometimes. Atom is Icy’s blue healer and by God he loves his food.                         
     “Atom I swear you’ve go-”                         
     “PIZZA!” we all screamed as the doorbell cut Icy off and cut off our brains to worthless studying. Like a kid at the sight of an ice-cream truck we all bolted down the hall, the thudding of our bare feet against the wooden floor boards had me smiling at the familiarity of it, I guess we’re all animals at heart.

*

     “Is that?” after all the screams and all the shear horror someone finally spoke; Kath, God love her. I looked up and out into the night, into the darkness but I couldn’t find any evidence well the evidence I would like to see. I looked down at the scene in front of me and felt utterly sick. I must admit I felt a weird sense of quilt at the fact that we just stood here speechless; Liz gone to get Dr. John screaming, Icy in tears and Kath holding us strong. We just stood here looking down on the helpless. I guess it wasn’t just that, it was the thought clawing itself into me, leaking into my brain like the thick pounding blood in my head, together they formed something worse than fear and quilt together; recognition.                                                 
     “We have to call the police” Icy’s dad said, God bless his soul. He took off his lab coat and laid it over the scene that was weighing down his front door step.          
     “Trixy, take the girls upstairs would you?” he asked as if I was the only stable one; he looked at me, as I looked at the scene though covered with the purity and whiteness of a lab coat still blackened my thoughts with images that wouldn’t seem to stop etching their way back into my mind.                                                  
     “Kath, can yo-”                           
     “Don’t you worry I’ll take it from here John” bless you Kath; you are strong, stronger than I’ll ever hope to be. You’re quite a unique character aren’t you, you always knew who to be when you needed to be but we always knew it was you underneath. You never liked doctors ever since you were assaulted by your stepdad; he was a doctor wasn’t he? I knew; I heard your mum talking about it once. Is that why you moved? Is that why you prefer to call him John? Oh Kath, what is going on?
     “Did you know?” Dr. John said seriously.               
     “Oh course. What are we going to do, they must be stopped” I answered flatly, I was composed but still emotionless.                                                  
     “They?”                                            
     “There is more out there; like me, and I guess they want me to know they’re here”                                 
     “When did you figure this out” he said surprised, probably that I kept this from him.                           
     “Long story”                   
     “I have time and police waiting for a statement”                                      
     “Tell them the truth, I’m not going to tell you anything, not yet. It will be easier that way. Just say what needs to be said, I’ll take care of the girls” I said turning to walk away.                                                                  
     “Trixy” he called my name, I turned back around. He was full of concerned. We were alone in his office but yet he looked uneasy, talking like this when the girls were so close.                                    
     “Look, I’m sorry for losing it earlier, I’m focused now and I’m not blind. A wolf did this I know it. I just wish they hadn’t” I said stirring away from this becoming a counselling session.                                                           
     “She shouldn’t have been noising around. She’s a foreigner and well I guess they were showing her where she stands and showing you their prepared to step up and out of the shadows” Kath said appearing out of know where, she came to stand beside me, though she kept her distance. Just out of reach, like I was the monster; how did she know?                                     
     “Kath? How did you?”          
     “You need to see Bow, that’s all I’m telling you. If wolves were involved he’d know about it”                                  
     “Kat”                           
     “You’re not the only one with secrets. You don’t need to hide anymore, you’re not alone”                    
     “I knew I could count on you Kath, I’m not going to be around forever Trixy and weather you rip my head off for it or not, someone needs to be there for you and to my surprise Kath knew I little something or two about your condition” Dr. John said optimistic, Kath was my friend but yes at this moment I wanted to rip her head off, I didn’t need anyone to help me I was perfectly fine on my own.                                        
     “Wait what? What do you mean you won’t be around forever?” I said for that’s all I heard out of that sentence. Why wouldn’t he last forever I no forever is bold but he’s is what 40? Sure he has another 40 years left? He gave me a grim smile as moments past and no one said a word. I stared at him worried and feeling very out of the loop for someone who created such a loop. He then undid the cuff around his wrist and pushed back his sleeve to reveal an open and infected wound, one that looked like over sized scratch marks "I was still unsure what he meant.                     
     “It’s never going to heal; if anything it’s going to get worse. It’s eating away the tissue in my arm it’s having the same effect as if I was pin pricked by hydraulic fluid under high pressure. Its seeped into my blood stream, coursing around my body and poisoning not only my mind but my heart” I was about to answer quickly, asking him what had caused it but then an imaged flashed before me "the sight of the Miss Deer’s beheaded head with claw marks down the left side of her face. I fell to my knees and like a girl having a tantrum in a shopping centre I cried out loud my hands covering my face. My heart ached and hurt so badly, I was the cause; I must have scratched him last Thursday during one of his regular test where I would change under different emotional challenges to see whether I could control it or not though I had to control it now or I would rip apart "I could already feel my soul itching to break free. Kath was too close; I could feel her presence over me. I couldn’t endanger anymore lives; I couldn’t risk it now knowing how lethal I could be, so much for this condition being a healthy God like thing. I jumped up and wretched the door open running to my car crying all the way home. I felt sick at the thought of running home knowing how much of a beast I really was.
     “Trixy what on earth is the matter” Nanna said as I barged though the front door ignoring her and heading straight for the bathroom; the thought of it all making me physically sick at any slight memory of what had just happened.

The toilet was my comfort that night and for the rest of the week that followed.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: romance, teen, young adult, fantasy, supernatual, suspense


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing