Chapter three: All in a day’s work (Part II)

Chapter three: All in a day’s work (Part II)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Only one, oh wonderful you.

"
      By that time I had my hands off the steering wheel I was half awake now but was still shocked at how asleep I was with all this adrenalin. I undid my seat belt and moved to the back seat as the car made its decent into the water. Its icy temperature was sure to wake me up. I screamed as nana’s car went under, though it was only there for a moment it seemed before it popped back to the surface as to rewind and redo my drowning in a slower manner. Somehow I felt thankful for it gave me more time to get out and try to somehow swim to the closest beach or shore of some sort. It was a peninsula, there was only sheer cliff faces for miles.
        For I moment I actually thought about staying in the car. I sat frozen by fear on the back seat as nanna’s car began its descent into the deep blue. Something hard slid with force off the space behind the backseat, it hit my head hard and had me hitting the back of the passenger seat. I fell backwards onto the back seat, my sight blurred and my head throbbing. As I lay out on the seat I shifted my eyes towards to windscreen determined to watch myself go down. Though my eyes became blurred for a different reason and I had to look away. I looked to the roof of the car a tear falling slowly down my cheek, just like the water. I should wait till it sinks before trying to get out, oxygen was scarce but the pressure was too high I would have no hope getting out now. Once the car is fully under I will be able to get the doors open, that is if I’m still conscious -Just the thought of it had my heart aching and my head pounding. I’ve never been in a situation like this before and had no idea how to act or feel about what was going on.
        Moments passed and I found myself slowly going under. Nanna’s car groaned and shrieked as it didn’t want to give in, didn’t want to die and my heart ached as my lungs grew heavy. Water levels started to rise and I wondered why I even would bother trying to escape this fate; drowning was supposed to be peaceful right? I would like some peace right now, I might not deserve a peaceful death but it was something I hoped for. With causing the slow painful death of my best friend’s father, the murder of innocents by my own kind and my naive nature that shedding was a natural and beautiful thing but what I wasn’t, I was a monster. Maybe that’s what the other souls were trying to tell me, showing me the monster I truly was, calling me into the darkness. I didn’t want to be a monster; I’m not naive to it now but as the saying goes, you can choose to ignore what you have seen but you can never again say that you never knew. I could not live with myself knowing that, what was once such a beautiful and joyful thing for me, was stained black with the truth that it wasn’t beautiful at all. It was sick; it was black, blinded and I? So, so stupid to have ever thought otherwise.
        The water rose faster now bursting in through the door frames and spraying my watery death all over the place. I soon became drenched before the pool of water rising up from the front of the car even reached me. As the water licked its way around the car, it slowly came for me in the back. It began to swallow me hard, my heart started to pound out of my chest and I began to panic as it dragged me under. I didn’t want to die, I don’t want to die. That sudden realisation had me fighting even though the war had been won. I scrambled and gasped the last air that was left. I had moved from the back seat and tried to pull myself up to the back window, this proved difficult  as the car was on such a angle. My forearms, digging deep into the carpet on the top of the back seat as I tried to push myself up into the little gap between me and the back windscreen. The water was now at my chest and rising fast; I gasped for the little air left and closed my eyes to wash away the tears that swelled up my eyes and blurred my vision.
     A large thud had my eyes snapping open once more and I couldn’t believe it. I was awestricken, shocked stiff at the sight of Vance on his hands and knees on the back windscreen. The extra weight had the car sinking faster, he yelled at me but his words were muffled by the glass, but I could see the look in his eyes "he didn’t want me to die either. My hands were in fist as I banged on the glass, trying to break free. He put his hand up against the glass, and I mimicked it on the other side; Vance will be the last person I ever see but I didn’t want him to watch me die. It seemed my hand was there for only a second before it slipped. I was being pulled under the cold water that had won the battle and my life. It dragged me down for what seemed like forever before my head hit the front windscreen and a sharp pain pierced the back of my head once more. I tried to open my eyes as I felt the pain consume me; I couldn’t see Vance anywhere and began to sob, letting in water that burned my throat. There was no point fighting now, I might as well make this as painless as possible "and to think I just found a reason to live through this. I closed my eyes, I guess that doesn’t matter anymore, what I would have lived for. I guess it was a relief too that I had reasoning, some sense to my life that it wasn’t just a crazy whirlwind. I cough as the saltwater burns my throat and my lungs ached with exhaustion. My head throbbed with the rhythm of my dying heart as I felt myself slipping away, could feel my body begin to give up.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on October 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: romance, teen, young adult, fantasy, supernatual, suspense


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing