Chapter four: If I told you i'd have to eat you (Part IV)

Chapter four: If I told you i'd have to eat you (Part IV)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Dust of the scars and laugh at the fall

"
     “Your mum’s a smart one” I said to Kath acknowledging the fact that if her mum wasn’t dating the principal then we wouldn’t of got away with half the things we get up to.
     “But she is a blind one” Icy said with a smile and a shudder. Yeah our principal wasn’t the best looking man around; he wore glasses and had the worst fashion sense. He looked like an ageing Clark Kent but it was enough to turn Kath’s mum on ever since Kath’s enrolment interview "love at first sight, I guess. I chuckled, and my friends looked at me funny as if I’d gone crazy. I’d never been the gooey type of girl who loved love and dreamed of a white knight. I guess I partly laughed at myself for another reason, that I’d actually thought I could be a hard core Nazi. Don’t get me wrong I’m pissed and guilty beyond belief at the rouge Soul Bearers in the area and how monstrous part of me was but to think I thought I needed to completely change who I was to get where I need to be and do what needed to be done was just rubbish.
     “No, now get out of my way” I heard words and a tone I’d never knew possible from that voice, he’d never once was rude to a woman he may be a sleaze but he cherished woman, well with the exception of the way he treated me this morning. He would never say no to a willing participant to his intoxicated love life.
     “Oh, Vance” I sighed a whisper of worry and regret, had I done this to him? The girl stood there speechless and on the verge of tears and he just stared at her, fist clenched, then just left her there to suffering, taking his leave out the door.
     “What was all that about?” Kath said softly, as me and the rest of us were standing at our lockers gobsmacked at the scene that had just unfolded.
     “Nothing” I said when Kath looked at me, like I knew something I shouldn’t. But even though he claims he loves me, which is an impossibility in itself; he knows nothing about me and I know nothing about him -we were strangers blindfolded by love and thrown at each other by fate.
     “I’ve never seen him blow off a girl like that before, especially not one like her” Liz said now looking like me confused and heart wrenched that maybe he was growing up, maybe he started to look in the mirror a little more closely and didn’t like what he saw.
     “I heard he is having family problems -something about his father” Icy said closing her locker.
     “Whatever it is it’s none of our business” I answered, closing me locker door and walking to chemistry "great.
     I flicked my fingers through the flames of the Bunsen burner -this was usually a thing Vance did, the worst lab partner in the world. It hurt like hell and my skin was getting all crusty as I did it slowly just to see if I had any feeling left in my body at all. I’d fought with him and ignored him when he needed me the most, if I was only closer to him then I would have known about his father.  I don’t know, but I do know one thing: that I am extremely pissed at myself that we both knew it would be awkward between us but didn’t even bother to try and make it work. I had this urge to go after him, to ditch chemistry and go make things right again but maybe that wasn’t the smartest idea since we’d either make out and confess our undying and messed up love for each other or fight again and drift even further apart "and to think the only complicated thing in my life was my soul.
     “I’m driving you home” Liz said to me as I made my way out of chemistry, clenching my books tightly to my chest, feeling the full way of my bag on my shoulder, like a tonne of bricks and like the earth’s gravity was of that of the sun’s "long story short, I was exhausted. I groaned in response to her question, knowing that she could only have one motive, to talk and get into the nitty gritty of my problems and flipped my life around so by tomorrow I was free of all distress, just like an exorcism, I guess.
     “Don’t worry I’ll take good care of your car” Luke said popping out of nowhere, I’d always had a thing for Luke, yeah it was probably just a intense need for his solid body and beach boy hair but I didn’t think about it too much except when he was in front of me; it was like the first time all over again. To be clear the first time I met him as when I went over to Liz’s house for a sleep over, he was mowing her back lawn "shirtless. I always pictured Luke and Liz ending up together, I mean it would be the perfect neighbourly love and she was totally your typical girl next door. I groaned again, feeling kind of jealous of my car, lucky b*****d getting Luke to sit on its leather seats for an hour, God what I wouldn’t give for him to be on my lap for an hour.
     “Is she ok?” he asked Luke looking kind of freaked out by my zombie appearance.
     “She’s fine” Liz said grabbing my shoulders and guiding me through the door as if I’d hit a concrete pillar if she hadn’t been there.


© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: romance, teen, young adult, fantasy, supernatual, suspense


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing