Chapter four: If I told you i'd have to eat you (Part V)

Chapter four: If I told you i'd have to eat you (Part V)

A Chapter by Melly moo
"

Lean on me and yell at me it's the only way

"

     “Why don’t you just stay at my place tonight?” I heard Liz ask me softly. I’ve been in and out of it all afternoon not paying much attention anything, and the pitter patter of rain on the car wasn’t helping.
     “Hmm....no I’ll be fine, thanks” I answered taking a moment to stretch out and yawn in the seat, like a cheetah coming out of hibernation -they don’t hibernate do they? Never mind. I opened the door and got out quietly.
     “Cya tomor-”
     “Liz, would you like to stay for dinner?” I asked cutting her off. I was getting wetter by the minute the wind and rain having a good old laugh at me while pouring buckets of their amusement all over me. I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand, acting like a cute little kid after a nap. After a minute of intense and dramatic pause of silence, I peeked out behind my hands to see if she had even heard me at all.
     “Sure, could hurt” she replied smugly.
     “I believe the phase is, it couldn’t hurt” I mumbled as she turned off the engine, practically skipped out of her car; in a quirky kind of humorous juxtaposition with my unamused drowned ‘woe is me’ essence slamming the passenger door and making our way up the drive. We reached the porch and she looked just as drowned as me, it made me smile a little; it was a cute little metaphor for what sort of friend Elizabeth was to me.
     “So how does that make you feel?” she asked in her best stereotypical theorist voice. I rolled my eyes and barged through the front door. I could hear her laugh at my expression "she knew how much I hated that.
     Out of the corner of my eye, without any comment at all, I saw nanna place a third plate on our little round table, we headed straight for the stairs in our effort not to flood my house in. Liz went straight to my ensuite, grabbing a towel and chucking it to me while ducking just outside my door to the linen closet to get herself one. I liked how all my friends treated my house like a second home; it made things less awkward and forced.
     “So what’s really going on with you and Vance?” she asked boldly, getting straight to the point. Her hair was all to one side and being furiously abused by the towel in her hands. I on the other hand just chucked my hair up in the towel and let my hair dry itself; I was more interested in leaning over my sink and forcing the water out of my clothing by matters of twisting torture "which is exactly what I did. Somehow weather metaphorically or otherwise a weight seemed to be lifted off me and I was able to come to terms with the fact that I did really want to talk about this.
     “I don’t know, I thought I did, ask me a few weeks ago and I would have had a straight answer” I replied in a ridged rush, pausing here and there while my voice was frozen as my mind was filled with snippets of my near death experience and more recently, Vance’s kiss.
     “But?”
     “But I think I may be in love with him”
     “But?”
     “He is who he is and I’m who I am! And he’s....he’s just; well he’s just Vance and that’s all there is” I answered frustrated, stuttering a little trying to force these persistent little flashbacks to the furthest depth of my brain. Without a word Liz stopped abusing her hair till the ends degree and walked over to me and even though I was more dry then I had been before, I felt more drowned now than ever. She wrapped her arms around me and hugged my tight, so tight that the remaining water in my clothes was released and began to drip on the floor, it was either that or my waterfall of tears that caused the pitter patter on my carpet to match that of the rain outside my window.
     “It will work out in the end, trust me” she said peeling my wet body off hers, but her hands were gripping my shoulders for support, just in case.
     “But what if it doesn’t?”
     “Then it’s not the end”.



© 2012 Melly moo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on December 21, 2012
Last Updated on December 21, 2012
Tags: romance, teen, young adult, fantasy, supernatual, suspense


Author

Melly moo
Melly moo

Australia



About
Reviews or messages, or anything is really helpful and appreciated!!! more..

Writing