Chapter 40 [Ana]

Chapter 40 [Ana]

A Chapter by Isabella Ballman

I yawn, getting up from bed, and stretch.

         “Ow, you hit me in the face.” I hear a voice say. I turn to see Drew. Without a shirt on.

         “Sorry.” I mumble.

         Last night we had sex.

         He puts his arm around me, pulling me closer, and kisses my cheek.        

         “I should go, huh?” He says.

         “What? Why?” I say. He laughs. I don’t want him to leave! He was really great last night.

         “I have work.” He says. He smiles at me. He grabs my face in his warm hands and kisses me. His lips are rough and cold.

         “I’ll call you.” He says, putting on his pants and walking out of the room.

         I find myself smiling like an idiot. What the Hell? Please tell me we didn’t just have a one-night stand. Last night was amazing in every aspect. Doesn’t he feel the same way I do?

         I get out of bed and wiggle into some skinny jeans and a tank top. I walk out of my room and see Celia sitting on the couch, holding some coffee.

         “Can I have some?” I ask her, referring to the coffee.

         She gives me an annoyed look.

         “Really Ana?” She says, putting down her coffee and folding her arms.

         “What?”

         “You slept with Drew, now you’re walking out here like nothing happened.”

         “I was going to tell you all about the date once I had some coffee.” I told her.

         “That’s not what I mean.” Celia stands. “Look at you, you’re a f*****g mess.”

         “Excuse me?” I ask her, getting irritated.

         “You’re fiancé died like 7 months ago. You’ve already slept with 2 guys… and 1 girl.” She says the last part very awkwardly.

         3 guys actually, but I’m not going to tell her that.

         “So?” I say, my voice rising.

         “The Ana I know would never do that. Ana Johnson would never sleep with 2 people in like, 1 f*****g night. That’s fucked up.”

         “Why are you acting like this? What the f**k gives you right to judge, Ms, ‘I like seducing other peoples boyfriends and breaking people up.’” I ask. Admittedly not one of my cleverest lines.

         “I’ve apologized so many f*****g times. Get the f**k over it Ana. It’s been like 4 years. And anyways, I’ve realized my mistakes! I’m getting my life together now! Why don’t you do the same?” She says, yelling.

         I shake my head, mad. “Maybe it’s my way of f*****g coping!”

         “Oh poor Ana! You’re such a victim aren’t you? The world’s f*****g cruel!” She yells.

         I stay quiet for a second. Why the Hell is she being such a c**t?

         “Why the Hell are you being such a c**t?” I yell back.

         “Because you’re f*****g Ana Johnson.” She says quietly. She walks up closer to me. “Maybe you’re younger, but I used to look up to you. I thought, ‘Wow. She’s been through so much but she doesn’t dwell on it. She’s so mature. She probably doesn’t do anything wrong.’ Well now you’re like this Ana. Complaining constantly, being a s**t. I understand why you’d be sad. I am too. It still doesn’t give you the right to act this way.”

         “Jeez, how long have you been waiting to say that, huh? You’re being f*****g unfair, Celia. You’re expectations are ridicules.” I spit back at her.

         “The amazing Ana I used to know would have those expectations for herself.” She says, shaking her head.

         “I’m out of here.” I say. I push past her and head for the door.

         “Get your f*****g life together!” She screams at me.

         “Go f**k yourself!” I scream back. I slam the door behind me, as I walk out. Where am I going to go? S**t, I need to get my phone. Wait, never mind, I see it in my pocket. Thank God. Celia’s being a f*****g b***h. Get your life together? Says the girl I found drunk out of her mind like a month ago? Damn, I should have said that to her.

         I take out my phone to call someone. It starts to ring. It’s Reeve.

         “Hello?” I say, answering.

         “Hey girl!” He says, in a cute voice.

         “Hey Reeve…” I say.

         “What’s wrong?” He asks.

         “What?        

         “You sound sad.” He says. How did he know? That’s adorable.

         “Why don’t you come over, Ana? We can talk about it. I’ll pick you up.”

         “Okay.” I say, in a soft voice. It’s all I can say because I feel like I’m going to cry.

 

           10 minutes later he pulls up and walks out of the car. My upper lip quivers. He pulls me into a hug. I tuck my head under his neck and cry.

         “I’m so glad I called.” He says, putting his hand on my head. “It’ll be okay.”

         He releases me and looks at me. He wipes some hair away that was stuck to my tear stained face. He puts his arm around me and we walk to his car. I’ve stopped crying for the most part. He gets me in the car, buckles me like a little kid, and then kids in on his side. I lean my head on the window and don’t say a word until we get to the house. Once we do, we sit down on his couch. Alex and Ashley are not present.

         I explain what happened with Celia, but I leave out the stuff about Drew.

         “Well that’s annoying.” He says. “She needs to be supportive. You’re going through a hard time, she can’t blame you for that.”

         “Thank you!” I say.

         “Listen Ana, I’m always here if you want to talk. By the way, sorry about last time we saw each other. I acted like an idiot.”

         “A little bit.” I say, smiling.

         “Hey!” He laughs. He starts to tickle me. I laugh, pushing him away telling him to stop. But not in a serious way. He keeps tickling me. I tickle him back. We both fall of the couch and are laughing hysterically. Finally I get on top of him, straddling his waist and grabbing his hands, pinning him. With one hand I hold his hands and with the others I tickle him.

         “Okay, okay! I surrender!” He finally says. I stop and smile down at him. He looks up at me with an innocent, cute look.

         Slowly he leans forward and kisses me. I grab the back of his hair and he wraps his arms around my waist. Honestly I’m not in the mood for any of this.

         Somehow he gets up, still holding me in his arms. He picks me up and sets me on the couch. Then he gives me a soft kiss.

         “You aren’t in the mood for this, are you?” He says.

         I give him a sad smile and shake my head no. Is he psychic?

         He kisses my head and sits down next to me.

         “You guys can come out!” He shouts. Ashley and Alex both come out from a door.

         “Hey Ana.” Alex says, smiling. Wow, they were here.

         Ashley gives me a weird look.

         “I should make us dinner. I gotta go grocery shopping.” Reeve says. “Ana? Wanna help?”

         “You and Alex go. Me and Ashley will bond.” I say, laughing. Alex has a big smile on her face and she blushes.

         “Okay!” She says.

         “Ha, okay.” Reeve says. “Be back soon.”

         Reeve ties his combat shoots and Alex slips on her sandals and they’re out the door.

         “Ana, you cannot tell them what you saw.” Ashley spits out, standing in front of me.

         “Ashley, I won’t.”

         “Thank you so much. Why were you there anyway?” He asks. He’s sweating a lot.

         “My roommate was dating Steven for a while.”

         “Oh…” He says awkwardly. “Look, I’m not gay, okay?”

         “Then what are you?” I say, cocking my head to one side.

         He scratches her head. “I’m… Okay, I’m as queer as a dog with thumbs. My parents are really conservative though. And I don’t want to weird out Reeve or make him uncomfortable. You really won’t tell anyone, right?” He says.

         “Of course I won’t hun! I mean, I think you should tell your friends, but I’m not going to force you.”

         “I will eventually.”

         “So… who’s the guy in the relationship?” I say, smiling at him.

         “Oh, definitely Steven.” He says, laughing. I laugh too.

         “F*g.” I say. He gives me a fake surprised look, and laughs. 



© 2011 Isabella Ballman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
Added on September 18, 2011
Last Updated on September 18, 2011

Welcome To Hell


Author

Isabella Ballman
Isabella Ballman

Mpls, MN



About
So... I'm not sure what to write here. I'm 14 years old and I love writing. But that should be obvious. I tend to swear a lot in my stories. If you're easily offended, I wouldn't read them. I apprecia.. more..

Writing
hey hey

A Story by Isabella Ballman