Lie is Key: Part One Chapter Two

Lie is Key: Part One Chapter Two

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon
"

After Caroline's Death

"

          My beloved wife Caroline is dead. I sent her to the hospital and they confirmed her dead on impact, but they also confirmed that my wife was actually pregnant. The doctor had to talk to me in private and said

 

"We don't know what caused her to do that, but this sad part will get worse as I will tell that your wife was pregnant for two months."

 

         The look on my face was depressing on the outside but furious on the inside. I cried constantly over and overuntil I've gone dry.

 

          I couldn't tell Caroline's parents because they died after our honeymoon. The cause was suicide in thier home of Charleston, SC. One shot on the head, the other drowned in the bathtub. Caroline doesn't know that and thought they were killed. I had to convience myself to not tell her.

 

           The next three day's were a pain. Having to get everything for Caroline's funeral. I used my money to buy her a casket, a church for the gathering, and a spot for her with her parents in Charleston. I wanted her to be with her parents because I wanted her to be happy.

 

            It was very disasterous for me just to even be at the gathering of my wife's funeral. Although many of my close friends, family, and Caroline's friends were there for both me and Caroline, it just didn't feel the same.

 

            May 30th was the day of my beloved Caroline to be buried. Over two hundred people shown up (Many of them were my fans who wanted to support my cause). The Ceremony was in the St. John's area of Charleston. It was a cloudy day and it called for sun (Just hate weather reporters because they suck at predicting).

 

            The Cemetery is humongous with beautiful flowers. Many people that were buried here were Confederate Veterans that fought in the Civil War. Yes, I have ancestors thought fought with the Confederates (My grandparents say that it was for states rights, not slavery).

 

            The preacher started the ceremony at 3 p.m. The crowd got more and more cluddered by the minute. The preacher said how she loved her family and friends and gave me the approval to speak about Caroline. I rosed with confidence, although sad and said,

 

"Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen," I said. I started tearing up and continued on.

"Well... we all know who we came here for, which is my wonderful, beautiful wife. I just wanted to say that I hope you rest in peace my love," I then looked at Caroline's face in the casket and continued on again,

"I wish you haven't gone this early but I hope you will look at me from above as I will look for you on my journey without you."

 

That was my last words to Caroline and I kissed her on the forehead. They closed the casket and slowly dropped her in the dark, cold ground. It started to rain above our ceremony and everyone just stood there like a statue. I was suprised and overwhelmed that they all didn't scattered. It showed me one thing though, which is how many family, friends, and fans care and love me and my Caroline.



© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


Author's Note

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Hope yall like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

157 Views
Added on July 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012
Tags: Lie is Key, Joe McKnight, Caroline McKnight, fiction, thriller, spine tanggling, exciting, awesome


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing