Lie is Key: Part One Chapter One

Lie is Key: Part One Chapter One

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon
"

Beginning part.

"
In the dreadful heat in May, I was making the last sentences in my new novel, "The Last Breath." The air conditioning in my lake house in Lake Jocassee was busted by the visitors/tourists that threw rocks from above us. My two-story log cabin is right by the lake but below the infested wooded mountains (Since it explaIns that them damn visitors/tourists been throwing rocks). In my office, I see a clear view of the magnificent clear waters and my 1996 252 Cobalt boat at the pier dock of mine.
As I get close to finishing my new novel, I would always let my wife, Caroline Demeter McKnight, type the last sentences of my work. It represents to me that both my wife and myself accomplished together something special. At 5:15 p.m., my wife would leave from her job as an nurse in the town Walhalla, SC. It would take about thirty minutes from her work back home. My Caroline would describe the trip as a race track in a amusement park. At 5:48 p.m., my wife speeds through our driveway. You can hear the crunching of rocks when the tires pressure upon it. I waited for my wife at the kitchen bar while she gets out of the 2012 Ford Mustang that I bought for her on her birthday.
"Hey Caroline. How was your day at work?" I asked to her while bent over the counter table
"You know what Joe, my day sucked!"
I walked over toward Caroline and held her close to my chest. Her head was laid upon my chest while I looked over her head seeing her top breasts.
"I got something to tell you?" I said with my soft voice, looking into her beautiful green eyes after detaching from her.
"What is it?" she replied with a smirk on her face.
"I'm done."

Caroline knew what I mean't and smiled gracefully. Caroline held my hand and ran toward the office. She sat on the rolling chair as I stood beside her when we arrived the office.
"So Joe, what do you want me to type?" she said smiling toward the computer. I replied back with a soft voice again.
"You can type this down;
As my husband was about to die, I kissed him upon the check as he lay on the hospital bed. Rick blushed and thanked me for being his everything and he loved me and the child we were to have. Rick closed his eyes and took his last breath. At eight months pregnant with my child, I thought that myself would do the same. The last breath I had in my head. The last breath."
Caroline finally got done typing and shivered with excitement. I can tell that she loved this book better than the others. Caroline looked up to me and gave me a kiss on my lips. To her it felt like a regular kiss but to me, it actually mean't to me like a lovely French kiss. We kiss everytime I see her but it still means the love we share together.
Click..., the novel on my laptop is now finished and saved. Later that day, I printed a copy and printed it out to send it to my agent, Chris A. Smith. I had a celebration with my Caroline with grilled steak and mashed potatos. We ate out on the boat deck and I asked,
"What's the dessert going to be?" in my sarcastic way. Caroline replied,
"Me Capt. Odvise." So we made love as the sunset went down for the day.


© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


Author's Note

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Still a learner and please rate and comment.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on June 9, 2012
Last Updated on June 12, 2012
Tags: Lie is Key, Joe McKnight, Caroline McKnight, fiction, thriller, spine tanggling, exciting, awesome


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing