Lie is Key: Part Three Chapter Three

Lie is Key: Part Three Chapter Three

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon
"

The winner of the Contest!

"

The rising morning of the sun brightened my office waking me up at 9 a.m. I was still in my bed clothes and the outdoors was very welcoming and spectacular. My eyes were squenting because of the bright sun. I had to close the window curtain to dim the light from outside.

 

I figured that my laptop was still turned on when I wiggled the wireless mouse. Facebook was even on and just about over a million people liked my status today and my e-mails were packed with people's short stories. Thinking to myself, I have to read everybody's stories, but this would actually be very entertaining.

 

I headed for the kitchen after i looked on Facebook about my contest to make myself breakfest. A egg omlet with pieces of bacon, sausage, and even some pancakes on top of it. I make the weirdest things for my breakfest. When I finally made my breakfest, I headed to the living room to turn the TV on. E News came up when i scrolled through the TV. It was even more weird seeing my name on it about my book, "The Last Breath," being #1 for the season and maybe #1 for the year again for the past six years. I feel more famous than Elvis when he was known around the country (Just as a example oof what I feel like then).

 

I ate very rapid on my living room couch and went back into the kitchen to clean my dishes. The water was very warm that it almost burned my hands. As I looked outside from the kitchen, my grass was very high in some spots and my boat was starting to mold on the cover-part from the rain when I was at Charleston and New York (Not a drizzle rain, but a storm with high winds). When we have storms in Lake Jocassee, it is very hard and rainy making the sky blackish grey over the mountains.

 

At 10:47 a.m., I dressed up in my basketball shrots and a black Nike short sleeve shirt. I had never worked out since of Caroline's death. It was about 95 degrees which felt like 103 degrees. Stupid as I was wearing black, it made my whole workout a complete disaster and very exhausting. Jogging and runnning through the trail in the boiling sun at 12:34 p.m., I found many stuff on my trail like old keys, bullet shells, and even experiment knives. I really can't believe that I start finding them a long the trail now.

 

I sprinted the last stretch of the trail back into the house like a panther with the stuff I found. Opening the door and in the cool air-conditioning house, I went into the office room breathing heavily and sweating to my max. The coolness helped me a lot that day.

 

I washed myself off in the shower and changed into a clean purple polo with cargo shorts. I headed back into my office and decided to start with the contest. The time was near 1:29 p.m. and I had so many e-mails of short stories that I decided to read the first paragraphs and if it actually attracts me, it will move on.

 

I brought a pack of Doritos for me, but anyway, I had people from all over the country. Alabama, California, Nevada, Louisiana, Vermont, Alaska, etc. Most of them had sentences that I written and they copyright my stuff to make them look good. I just makes my job easy. Only about two hundred caught my eye. A guy from Montgomery, AL wrote about his true story of fighting stress from the economy and another guy written about a kid killing herself because of racism.

 

At 7:30 p.m. after reading through every short story, only one stroy then caught my eye and it is from a woman named, Holly Cooke from Augusta, GA. Holly written a little short story about a guy in love with a woman named Shannon Miller. It ended with her getting killed by a demon by drowning because the demons master had his son in her body. It really shocked me with my eyes popping out of my skull from excitement, horror, and a little sadness because it is almost like Caroline.

 

I logged myself on Facebook at 7:45 p.m. and announced my winner, which was Holly Cooke. People congrat Ashley on her win and some people cussed me out about them losing. I didn't care if they did that but I messaged Holly and asked where she lived in Augusta. In about one minute she replied on Facebook,

 

"318 Bulldog Rd :)!!! I am very excited to meet you and I hope you come by this weekend! :)"

"Sure thing and i will hopefully meet you either this weekend or sometime," I replied back to her.

 

By 8 p.m., it was official. Doing this kind of makes me feel uncertain to visit a total stranger like that, but hopefully I can have a little fun and satisfied meeting Holly.

 

The clock in my office turned 9 p.m. and I decided to put the stuff I found from my trail in a safe I got from a pawn shop in Walhalla, SC off 183 into E Main St. That stuff wasn't that heavy but it was too unique to keep it outside.

 

9:30 p.m., I took my shower (With my spare IPod and speaker this time). Thinking about when I wanted to go to Augusta was difficult. A suprise I thought would be quiet lovely. After a seven minute shower, I decided to leave in the morning over to Augusta at 9 a.m. by driving well over 3 hours and 53 minutes.

 

I packed my suitcase because I want to stay one night over at Augusta, GA. The reason is that I don't want to drive back coming home in the dark night. At 10 p.m. I went on to bed and thought about the trip and being concerned about this. I fell alseep at 10:15 p.m. and the night skies moon brightened through my bedroom window with a slight breeze blowing on the trees.



© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


Author's Note

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Hope you all like it and please comment and spread this book around. Thank you.

Okay, I know that I made a lot of changes to the characters name, but the reason is for this character now is that. She is actually a friend of mine in real life. So the name is real. She helped me through my break up which was a girl named Christa.
She hurt my feelings and I even being so nice that I even said that i am sorry if i did something. She never accepted it and i bet makes fun of me now. Well, Holly is a wonderful girl in real life and helped me through it.
I may write a little short story how i really felt except in a short story fiction way.
So this one is for Holly now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2012


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing