Lie is Key: Part Two Chapter Three

Lie is Key: Part Two Chapter Three

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon
"

Joe coming home from NYC.

"

Finally home from all of the chaos. My house still the same except it will no longer have my ex-wife. It still feels like yesterday since of the accident and the funeral. As my life will be without Caroline, it is time for a fresh start. Yes, I will still write, but I am not going to say, "I need a girlfriend/wife today."

      

As the sunset slowly fades from the sky leaving it dark and scary, I was taking a shower. The bathroom had a Italian look and feel with a little spa where Caroline used to take her bath. That one time when we first used it, Caroline pushed me in naked when I least expected it. She did come in the spa with me. Sounds dirty, but it was very amusing and fun.

 

As I was taking my shower, I was listening to my IPod Touch which had Peace of Mind from the band Boston. My speaker was hooked into the wall with my IPod playing. As I was putting on my Head and Shoulders shampoo, the IPod skipped continuosly over and over again. I checked the IPod out with the shampoo in my hair and it was suprisingly fine.

 

Going back into the shower when i turned exactly around, a crashing noise erupt my bathroom. I turned back and my IPod with the speaker crashed on the hard tile floor. The weird part was it didn't just fall, it was like someone threw it across the room. It could of explained why my wall had a humongous hole; Also leaving both my IPod and speaker broken. Good thing I have a spare IPod and speaker, just in case it got broken.

 

I got done washing and drying myself off and headed into the bedroom. My clothes were on the bottom part of the bed where I usually put my bed clothes at. I then headed toward the living room. People know me that I love watching old videos of me playing basketball from college. It really does bring back the memories. I have every game I played with the Gamecocks. I turned on the DVD player and started watching my game against the University of North Carolina.

 

It was 9:30 p.m. when I finished watching my game and headed to my office. My office had the smell of sweat (Which I mean hardwork). My laptop is still on the desk and I sat on my rolling chair. I looked up myself on Google and already had pictures of me tackling that guy. I was laughing on the inside.

 

I got on Facebook and see if anyone liked my page. Over two thousand liked my page in one day. Some people think that it is slow but I love people just liking my page because it really means a lot. As I thought about wanting to give back to someone, I decided to make a contest on Facebook of whoever writes the best short story will have $1,000 and a chance to meet me. The deadling for the short story was tomorrow afternoon and I am to announce the winner near night time tomorrow.

 

After posting it in about a minute or two, thousands of people liked my contest and commented that they will enter the contest. The time after all of that status stuff was 10:30 p.m. and I started falling alseep on my chair. I haven't have any real good sleep so that's why. My eyes started dozing off and around 11 p.m., I completly fell alseep for the night.



© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


Author's Note

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
If I have any misspelled words, grammer, etc. Comment below and please tell your friends about this if you think they will love it. Thank you and it is good to be back. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on September 1, 2012


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing