Lie is Key: Part Two Chapter Four

Lie is Key: Part Two Chapter Four

A Chapter by Nick "The Stick" Branyon

The Georgia sun shined through the glass window onto the leather couch. The house smelt like fresh roses that was really raised well around her lovely home. I sat on the couch where the sun shined and Holly was sitting beside me on my left, crossing her legs as she got comfortable. Holly grinned showing her perfect pearl teeth at me and asked,

 

"So, how has your week been Joe?"

"Well,... It has been stressful on certain days but I am over it hopefully. What about you Miss. Holly?"

 

I asked politely with my head down, like a disappointment.

 

"Please Joe don't call me Miss. Holly, just call me Holly," she said with her smile and sweet voice. She continued.

"Well, my life sucked until you showed up," Holly said looking at me with her smile.

 

I nodded and slowly letting my head up so that I won't be nervous.

 

We chatted chatted for a good hour then and she asked different questions; What is your view on politics, what is your favorite book I have written, and what do I like to do outside of writing? I replied actually smiling and not nervous anymore; I am a Republican (Not being rude), my favorite book I had written was my first published book, and I always take vacations to meet up old friends, family, and workout. I finally asked my first question to her as I got relaxed with her, I asked two questions.

 

"Do you want to be a writer and what happened in the past because you said your life sucked? Like how is that, you are like a very wonderful, beautiful women?"

 

I could tell by the look on her slim, natural beauty face that she didn't want to reply on that last question. Her face turned to a light red which was a sign of her flashback and nervousness to reply. She looked down at her lap and eyes closed and said,

 

"Yes I very much would love to be a writer but.... can you keep the last question a secret?" she said in a disturbed voice. I kept my composure and answered,

"Yes Holly, I really keep promises," in my normal voice.

"Well, let's just say that I did some bad things that I regret-"

"Like what? I don't want you to answer it if it hurts that bad in your heart," I said with my soft tone and my hands almost wanting to hold her, but thought of Caroline.

"Well Joe, when I was a teenager, I did bad things. I was a bad girl you see and I shouldn't have done it," she fussed into tears. (All she mean't was actually having a affair with someone).

 

I then grabbed her for the first time, her body was tender as I wrapped my arms around her. I held her tight and said,

 

"You know who you are to me?"

"No, what?" still tearing up.

"You are a girl that had her heart once shattered, but you slowly pieced it all back together through the love of your friends and family. You are once a horrid soul, bound in hatred and the depths of sinful ways. But now you changed by the grace of God from what I heard earlier when you talked about him and you are living life for God. It was like you almost took your last breath at any moment of time. At least you got through it and just learned your mistakes. Called moving forward."

 

The tears stopped and her composure came back normal. I knew that Holly was thinking in her mind; How does that joker know what I did. Holly looked up at me still leaning the back of her head on my chest. My heart started pumping which Holly could feel it. She said looking at my eyes,

 

"I really thank you for saying that to make me feel better, but you know what I did?" she wondered asking me.

"Yes, I hear stuff like that all the time about girls having accident affairs in a young age and I promise to keep it a secret between us," I said softly again and looking down.

 

Yes you could see some cleavage but I only cared for a women's eyes more than the body.

 

It was almost 7:00 p.m. and I haven't had dinner or got a hotel room yet. So I told Holly, finally standing up, that I will help you. I gaved her my cell number and told her that I should leave. Holly tried to convience me to me to stay and I told her no thank you, but she said,

 

"You can use the guest room. Instead of paying everything, just stay here and get comfortable."

I felt like she was going to do something but I thought to myself that it is a win, win. So I replied ok.

 

Holly wanted to help me move my suitcase into her house, but I didn't have but one suitcase. Holly did however helped opening the door and led me to the guest room.

 

The guest room was outstanding; colorful curtains, books on a wooden shelf, bed spread that had a solid black color to go with everything, a window looking out into the woods, and the bathroom was across the room from me.

There was a rocking chair that I sat my suitcase on beside the bookcase. I grabbed my razor, shaving cream, and my toothbrush/toothpaste in the bathroom. Holly walked in the bathroom with a towel and a bar of soap and said,

 

"Here is your towel and soap. Also, better not make a mess when you shave your hairy face. I like my house clean you know." Holly had the sweetest voice and winked at me about what she said. I giggled when she left smiling back.

 

At 7:30 p.m., I started to shave my face. I looked at the mirror every second to make sure I got every spot. However I actually looked at myself thinking about the morning incident. I could remember the feeling I had. It made me worried that it was a sign.

 

A little before 8, I decided to take a peaceful shower. I sat my bed clothes on the sink so that I won't track around naked with her there. So I was washing myself off and I heard noices in the background. I was worried that it was Holly stalking me, but listening carefully it was her cooking and walking back and forth to find her spices. A sound of frustration.

 

After my shower, I got dressed and headed to the guest room again and just sat at the end of the bed. Like not even a movement from me. I really don't remember much from it except a day dream again. Except the day dream had Holly in it this time. Hopefully it was a good dream. By 8:30, Holly came into the room and asked,

 

"Do you want something to eat? Like you look very hungry not having anything except of a stupid biscuit." She asked with kindness. Without hesitation, I answered,

"YES MA'AM. What is it?" I asked.

"My famous steak and home grown hot peppers."

"Sounds wonderful to me Holly."

 

I walked over to the kitchen with Holly in front of me. The kitchen was at the very back of the house just like the guest room. The kitchen mainly smells like spices from the steak. I couldn't tell what it was but I do know it was her own spices that she bought and mixed.

 

I ate with her at her at her dining room. She sat across from me. It was a glass table with a flower in the middle of the table that she also been growing. I literally thought that it was a date because of the flower in the middle. So we just ate until halfway after looking back and forth, she said,

 

"You look good after shaving and how is the dinner?"

"Thank you and I love... it," I replied having a little food in my mouth.

"That's good. Are you nervous staying here? I can sense things you know."

"I want to stay, just a little nervous. That's all."

"Joe, you can trust me because I don't bite. So you can trust me hopefully."

"Don't say that," I said, "I can trust you and I will no matter what stay here for the night."

"THANK YOU," she said yelling.

 

I got done with the dinner and I cleaned every dish for her as a token for her to letting me stay. By 9, I just decided to look in the bookcase in the guest room and see what books she reads.

 

Holly had many books, but mainly mine. I picked up one of my famous book's and went to the end of it. Seeing the last words that old Caroline used to type made me very sad. I was laying in the bed with a tear down my face. I could now feel the tear go down my face since I shaved. Holly came walking to the room in her bed clothes (A tink-top and sweatpants). She lend on the door and asked,

 

"Are you alright?" She asked concerned.

"Just sad a little Holly. Just missing Caroline."

 

I started to tear up more and Holly came and sat on the bed with me and gave me a hug. She bent over and her head was over my shoulder as I still laid. Holly whispered in my ear,

 

"You know, losing someone really hurts. I know how it feels to lose someone you love as a family member, friend, or partner. I know you miss her tremendously and I know she types the last words in your books, but do you realize that Caroline might want you to move on. Ask her in your prayers and let see if she answers with the angels around."

"I know what you mean but-"

"Don't talk and start listening," she interrupted and continued on,

"Life is full of twist and turns. Obsticles for say. Let God help you through this. He will help a man's soul like yours. Even I will help Joe. I know you gave me your number to me earlier, but her is mine so that you can program it to your contacts. Call me or text me at anytime."

 

She sat the number on my suitcase and gave me a unexpecting kiss on my face. The tears stopped and a few minutes later, I turned off the lamp and I got to look through the window and see the stars. I looked at the stars from my bed and thought about the angel's Holly talked about. Sometime's I feel that angel's live in the stars because they are always over upon us looking over like God. I later prayed getting up from the bed and prayed beside the window.

 

"Lord, I pray to you for a question to my Caroline asking her if she will be happy to let me move on. I pray to you too lord to help me through the pain and stress that is still in the my blood. All I pray today is a answer from Caroline and to have help from you lord. A'men."

 

I got back up look at the sky and then turned back to the bed. I got back into the bed and fell asleep a day I never regret.



© 2012 Nick "The Stick" Branyon


Author's Note

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
This is my longest part in this book so far and I really hope you love it. Thank you. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on September 20, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012


Author

Nick "The Stick" Branyon
Nick "The Stick" Branyon

Rock Hill, SC



About
I love to write and to learn my states history to become a South Carolina History Professor and Southern Studies. You may follow me on Facebook, just Nick Branyon. more..

Writing